Nike Strikes again

In addition to the black alternates, here are the home:
ASU-Home-Unis.jpg

and away:
ASU-Road-Unis.jpg

I wonder what a company like Nike could come up for a new logo? Not suggesting we change, but that Block M on the helmet could be something a lot more creative than it is....

I wonder what a company like Nike could come up for a new logo? Not suggesting we change, but that Block M on the helmet could be something a lot more creative than it is....

Insanely stupid statement.

You'll take the block M out of my cold, dying hands...

Not suggesting we change, but that Block M on the helmet could be something a lot more creative than it is....

I took this to mean changing the helmets only. I don't think Maverick is suggesting we abandon the block M as the primary mark for the U.

I've said before that i personally think returning to a numbered helmet would be fantastic.

WJADUCQNIQYSDZZ.20061204201206.jpg

Oh, those poor models. Why would someone light them on fire prior to the photo shoot? Look at the pain in their faces.

I took this to mean changing the helmets only. I don't think Maverick is suggesting we abandon the block M as the primary mark for the U.

I've said before that i personally think returning to a numbered helmet would be fantastic.

NOOOOOO!!!!! It's too confusing for the players.......

If the numbered helmets were a tradition we had for decades, rather than just a throwback, I'd be OK with it. I'll take the block M out of the cold, dead hands of whoever tried to take it away, and then put it back in the helmet.

I like the block M but it is not like that was the logo on the helmet back in the glory days so its not a long standing tradition not to be touched. That said I am not sure I would trust Nike to come up with something. I am with MrGopher. I like the numbered helmets.

I just hope Kill doesn't change the uniforms every other game like Brewster did.

I like the helmet design for ASU a lot. As for uniforms for the Gophers, I am in favor of whatever the players like and whatever will result in more jersey sales for the University.

If the numbered helmets were a tradition we had for decades, rather than just a throwback, I'd be OK with it.

That is a good point. We don't really have a traditional helmet. We have old ones, new ones, and some in-between. I would be fine with us sticking with the current helmet design - they look fine. Not spectacular, not iconic, not particularly memorable, not traditional... just fine. Football helmets are a unique platform for creative design and identity establishment.

I am simply of the opinion that slapping the primary logo on a helmet is boring. And when it comes to re-hauling a helmet design, one can either try to create something new and exciting, or one can look back through the program's past to try to recapture something.

Numbers on helmets is not very common anymore, enough so that we would stand out a bit. In college football, standing out is a good thing. We could accomplish that, but not in the disgusting gimmicky way that Oregon or Boise State or TCU tries to do.

I like the block M. But if it's to be removed, then put on numbers. That's it. Don't change it anymore than that.

That being said, I actually like ASU's new look.

As seen at the link (which is incredibly awesome, btw), we have had some variant of the block M for 43 straight seasons. If that hasn't established it as a tradition not to be messed with, I don't know what will.

Bingo, dpodoll. I totally agree with you. But I will not argue with the youngsters of today because all that results is a pissing contest.

As seen at the link (which is incredibly awesome, btw), we have had some variant of the block M for 43 straight seasons. If that hasn't established it as a tradition not to be messed with, I don't know what will.

As can also be seen, the first season with a block M on the helmet was 1968 - the season after the Gophers' last share of the Big Ten Championship. Perhaps the block M established a tradition that desperately needs messing with.

awesome helmet link, thanks. Forget what's on the helmet, I wish we could figure out what the hell our real colors are. I really like our Maroon and Gold now. I like our block M on the helmet but our current version with the outline isn't my favorite. Maybe a combination of ours now and the Mason "M". IDK

Okay. I'll concede that point, dpodoll68, the block M on the helmet is a tradition. 43 years is nothing to be messed with, and I was wrong to. Also, I won't say that those 43 years should be diminished because many of those years weren't all that positive - that's going a bit too far for me.

Also, I like the gold M helmet a lot. Not the shiny, vegas gold one; but the almost yellow-looking gold.

Also, I like the gold M helmet a lot. Not the shiny, vegas gold one; but the almost yellow-looking gold.

Like the hockey team helmets? that uniform combo might look real good.

Like the hockey team helmets? that uniform combo might look real good.

Exactly what I was thinking there. Michigan hockey has winged helmets, Notre Dame hockey has gold helmets, MSU hockey helmet is green with the spartan logo.

I'd rather follow that pattern than the pattern of wisky hockey (who has red helmets with white w). And don't tell me that Gopher hockey should change it's helmet to match football. Gopher pucks has had gold helmets forever. UMD has maroon, we have gold.

Cool Site. Thanks for the liink.

How awful were the red Wisconsin helmets with Bucky badger on them? Might be the worst in the history of the Big Ten.

As awful as they are, I think Indiana takes the worst helmet designs overall

Top Bottom