Nike EYBL Event this weekend.

hopkin's kamali chambers is on wisconsin playground elite, litte brohter of syani, i feel like he would get destroyed against in the EYBL against tyus, mudiay, tyler ulis, graham woodward smoked him in the lake, not that graham isnt good or anything but their are alot of graham woodward's in the EYBL

Two tweets from Gopherhole at EYBL

Two different AAU coaches at the EYBL tournament said #Gophers coaches are recruiting their kids the hardest.

At EYBL, a parent of a 2015 #Gophers recruit said family is very impressed w/ Pitino and are considering the U more now than under Tubby.

Two different AAU coaches at the EYBL tournament said #Gophers coaches are recruiting their kids the hardest.

At EYBL, a parent of a 2015 #Gophers recruit said family is very impressed w/ Pitino and are considering the U more now than under Tubby.

Cue Parski and Howie to deny this vehemently

As Parski would say: "Link?"

Good to see that what we heard from Teague during Pitino's opening press conference is actually true. This guy, along with the staff he put together, are going to be relentless on the recruiting trail.

i went last night and watched playground elite play elijah thomas's team(#6 sophmore), also watched justin jackson and justise winslow and a few others, when i was watching jusitn jackson and winslow i saw tyus and jahill walk in together and started watching it too and they sat pretty close to me, by his mom and tre jones, if i didnt know they were playing together in college before then i definitley know now, i think tyus drove jahlill there and back from the hotel, neither had a game last night, also rashad forces the shot way too much, ken novak was there and syani chambers was the mop boy during timeouts, its weird seeing the best player on harvard be nothing more then a mop boy at this tournament

i went last night and watched playground elite play elijah thomas's team(#6 sophmore), also watched justin jackson and justise winslow and a few others, when i was watching jusitn jackson and winslow i saw tyus and jahill walk in together and started watching it too and they sat pretty close to me, by his mom and tre jones, if i didnt know they were playing together in college before then i definitley know now, i think tyus drove jahlill there and back from the hotel, neither had a game last night, also rashad forces the shot way too much, ken novak was there and syani chambers was the mop boy during timeouts, its weird seeing the best player on harvard be nothing more then a mop boy at this tournament

I think you are looking at it wrong-- Siyani helping out at a Howard Pulley tourney is his way of giving something back for the opportunities Howard Pulley Basketball and Rene Pulley gave him. Two years ago when he was playing with the 17s he would help coach the 15's while his mom was working in the concession stand. I think they are a family that "gets it".

Perfect would love to hear How the games you watched Were.

I've gotten my observations!

I saw Howard Pulley play the Kentucky Travelers in front of probably 800-900 people.

I could say a lot about Reid Travis, but a short observation is an Mbakwe body type, super strong, good rebounder, a brute inside and a nice finisher, good free throw shooter, runs the floor well, but has a few improvements to make IMO on the defensive side of the ball.

Tyus, seeing him again, became more impressed than the 1st couple times Ive seen him. He's very quick with his hands and feet. His shot is much improved making him more of a perimeter threat, but his greatest strength remains getting to the rim and he is a great finisher. Of course, his passing is already well known. He remains very active on defense. The only thing I didn't like in his game was his attitude. It wasn't bad, but just not overly positive or supportive. A very nice Point Guard who clearly took over the game.

Jarvis Johnson would also be a capable starting Point Guard from day 1 if he went to the gophers. A great (for the most part) perimeter stroke, nice quickness, solid ball handler, and has some ups on him! He has a ton of charisma too.

I also saw Texas Pro vs Team Takeover and thought Qaudree Smith and Phil Booth (top 60) from Team Takeover made a great Frontcourt tandem, and owned the glass, blocked shots, and scored at will during the game.

7-0 freshman on Boo Williams Thon Maker looks very impressive and menacing, and has great upside, and is already a real nice player, but has to add some strength/bulk.

Trey Lyles from Indy Spiece also played like he was hyped up to be when I saw him.

I think you are looking at it wrong-- Siyani helping out at a Howard Pulley tourney is his way of giving something back for the opportunities Howard Pulley Basketball and Rene Pulley gave him. Two years ago when he was playing with the 17s he would help coach the 15's while his mom was working in the concession stand. I think they are a family that "gets it".

Well I didn't mean it like he was being degraded, I just thought it was kind of funny seeing someone as Good as syani being a mop boy, I also saw Jamal davis running the score board, does anybody know where he will be playing?

Well I didn't mean it like he was being degraded, I just thought it was kind of funny seeing someone as Good as syani being a mop boy, I also saw Jamal davis running the score board, does anybody know where he will be playing?

I saw that too, along with transfer Joe Coleman roaming the gym, and Trent Lockett (Marquette) additionally was working there and positioning fans away from under the basket.

I've gotten my observations!

I saw Howard Pulley play the Kentucky Travelers in front of probably 800-900 people.

I could say a lot about Reid Travis, but a short observation is an Mbakwe body type, super strong, good rebounder, a brute inside and a nice finisher, good free throw shooter, runs the floor well, but has a few improvements to make IMO on the defensive side of the ball.

Tyus, seeing him again, became more impressed than the 1st couple times Ive seen him. He's very quick with his hands and feet. His shot is much improved making him more of a perimeter threat, but his greatest strength remains getting to the rim and he is a great finisher. Of course, his passing is already well known. He remains very active on defense. The only thing I didn't like in his game was his attitude. It wasn't bad, but just not overly positive or supportive. A very nice Point Guard who clearly took over the game.

Jarvis Johnson would also be a capable starting Point Guard from day 1 if he went to the gophers. A great (for the most part) perimeter stroke, nice quickness, solid ball handler, and has some ups on him! He has a ton of charisma too.

I also saw Texas Pro vs Team Takeover and thought that Emmanual Mudiay (#2 rivals #3 ESPN) wasn't very impressive, and bluntly wasn't very impactful on the game in any way. I don't see the hype there, and I thought he wasn't even the best guard on his AAU team. He was a decent passer, I'll give him that.

7-0 freshman on Boo Williams Thon Maker looks very impressive and menacing, and has great upside, and is already a real nice player, but has to add some strength/bulk.

Trey Lyles from Indy Spiece also played like he was hyped up to be when I saw him.

Love hearing people's observations! Thanks! Are you going to watch Rashads team tonight?

I watched a little bit of thon maker as well, i think Dave telep has him as the number 6 post player in the nation regardless of class, including 2013 players, or is that a different 2016 star I am thinking of?

I was at the games last night and most of today. I always enjoy these tournaments and the structure that EYBL has set up creates a great level of competition as each game has meaning and the teams have something to play for. It's great that HP has a facility like this to host this high level of an event. It's very well done.

I know this will be a minority opinion (although a few who sat around us who we talked to agreed) that if Rashad plays as selfishly as he did last night and today it will be very disappointing. The parents of the team he plays for said that some of the guys on his team don't like playing with him, the coaches are getting frustrated as the ball stops moving as soon as it touches his hand. He is extremely skilled and probably the best shooting guard the state has ever produced but at least the first two games, he did not make anyone on his team better. That being said, he's incredibly gifted and can score in so many different ways. It will take a hard nosed coach to reign him in, but I can see why some of his teammates don't like playing with him, I can also see why every coach wants him. Crazy good.

Sandy Cohen who the Gophers offered is playing out of position as PG on this team. His frame reminds me of Austin Hollins and its easy to see why he is getting more offers. I hope we continue recruiting him.

Reid Travis is going to be a great program player. He has a Big Ten body now. He's not as explosive as Trevor, but he's more complete.

Tyus is Tyus. He's going to make many fans in East Lansing or Durham very happy.

I was at the games last night and most of today. I always enjoy these tournaments and the structure that EYBL has set up creates a great level of competition as each game has meaning and the teams have something to play for. It's great that HP has a facility like this to host this high level of an event. It's very well done.

I know this will be a minority opinion (although a few who sat around us who we talked to agreed) that if Rashad plays as selfishly as he did last night and today it will be very disappointing. The parents of the team he plays for said that some of the guys on his team don't like playing with him, the coaches are getting frustrated as the ball stops moving as soon as it touches his hand. He is extremely skilled and probably the best shooting guard the state has ever produced but at least the first two games, he did not make anyone on his team better. That being said, he's incredibly gifted and can score in so many different ways. It will take a hard nosed coach to reign him in, but I can see why some of his teammates don't like playing with him, I can also see why every coach wants him. Crazy good.

Sandy Cohen who the Gophers offered is playing out of position as PG on this team. His frame reminds me of Austin Hollins and its easy to see why he is getting more offers. I hope we continue recruiting him.

Reid Travis is going to be a great program player. He has a Big Ten body now. He's not as explosive as Trevor, but he's more complete.

Tyus is Tyus. He's going to make many fans in East Lansing or Durham very happy.

IMO, I'd rather Rashad play more like Kobe than LeBron (but that's a topic for a different day) some guys specialize in passing, making their teammates better, rebounding, defense, etc. Rashad specializes in putting the ball in the basket. I hope he doesn't quit doing that.

And there was no way 800-900 people showed up to one game, I went yesterday and those courts cannot simply accommodate for that amount of people

Keep in mind this is AAU and the coaches don't run very disciplined basketball but I agree, his selfishness is like Austin rivers at duke and in these tourneys, I think that with coach pitino being a younger guy that may help since he doesn't have a handle on elite talent as some of the older coaches, he would be more lenient on Rashad and let him do his thing, Garry harris wasnt as selfish as Rashad In these tourneys, was he? And he is playing for izzo

Rashad reminds me Terrence Ross or Tim Hardaway but can score in more ways then Tim, and selfishness or "killer instinct" reminds me of rivers

Strongly agree on Rashad. Very talented, nice kid (actually met him and chatted briefly with him today), but pretty selfish on the basketball court. We'll see how his college coach work with him.

Reid is more complete than Mbakwe for sure with a VERY developed body for a high school junior. Met with him also in he looks about 6-8, 235 lbs if I had to put a number on it.
(HE NEARLY POPPED A BALL IN WARMUPS BY SMACKING A REBOUNDED BALL AGAINST HIS HAND) And people at the far end of the court could hear it clearly.

Agreed on Tyus.

And there was no way 800-900 people showed up to one game, I went yesterday and those courts cannot simply accommodate for that amount of people

It was on the end court, and the people sitting in the bleachers made up only 1/3 of the crowd. Rows and rows of people standing went halfway to the wall of the back area, kids sitting on the baseline, corners jammed so people couldn't enter the court even if they wanted too, people sitting in between bleachers, and the side door propped open to fit in another crowd of people.

Ryan James estimated 750-800 people. It seemed like 800-900 to me.

There is no way Travis is 6'8. He is closer to 6'6 for sure. I think he will have a really tough time against length at the next level. He is very strong and skilled but what makes a player like Mbakwe so much better was his quickness/explosionin the paint. Both are undersized for a college PF, but players like Trev are usually more succesful. Travis is only a HS junior so he has a lot of time to get better. Had a great day today and am not trying to take anything away from him, just projecting.

Tyus was simply the best player I saw on the court today. His handle, vision, and finishing ability are incredible.

Agree with most on Vaughn. He had a tough game against Georgia Stars. He had a good first half but was slowed in the 2nd. He truly does have a great arsenal of weapons on offense. Did not facilitate well and I noticed Kamali Chambers and another player get upset when he wouldn't kick out. I was very impressed by his strength and toughness in the paint. That really will bode well for him at the next level.

Cohen looked pretty good. Not eye popping or anything but be looked like he had good vision and a solid handle that will get better with time. His length will help him on D a ton and he was good in transition. Shot will need a lot of work as it appeared he lacked consistency in his form.

Jahlil Okafor sprained his ankle in the first game today so I didn't get a coaches to see him. The kid is absolutely huge. His teammate cliff Alexander was no slouch himself and he will also be a great college player.

The 2nd best player I saw today, although he didn't have great stats was Trey Lyles for Indy Speice. The dude is going to kill it wherever he goes (maybe Kenyucky). He reminds me of Amare but he has good range.

Indy had some other studs in the gym in Indiana commit James Blackmon Jr. He will be a hell of a player in the big ten. Another was Trevon Buiett who is considering Purdue and Indiana. The kid would be a great get. Very good defender who makes a ton of plays on both sides of the ball.

Young name to watch: Thon Maker from Boo Williams. Class of 2016 7'2 kid who is lanky. Probably less than 180 pounds but is only 15 years old. The dude blocked everything in sight and had 10 blocks one game.

EYBL runs the thing extremely well and it was a great turnout. Minnesotans love their hoops.

tyus jones if he chooses mich state should get the sh** booed out of him when he comes back.. tyus if you dont play for us please leave the conference or ur basically spitting in our face.

I may be alone on this but it would actually be better if he chose Michigan state or anyother big ten program then an ACC school or big 12 school, if he goes to duke then that means he thinks he is not only too good to play for us but too good for the big ten as well, and I always root forme big ten in the tourney, duke, not so much

I saw that too, along with transfer Joe Coleman roaming the gym, and Trent Lockett (Marquette) additionally was working there and positioning fans away from under the basket.

Where was Royce white?

Top Bottom