Nick Saban and Alabama A.D. Both Test Positive For COVID 19

Iceland12

Reaction score
ALA found out about the test. They got to Saban and he went home. He released a statement about it from his house. They play Georgia this weekend.

"Alabama football coach Nick Saban and athletic director Greg Byrne have tested positive for COVID-19, the school announced Wednesday.

Saban, 68, was informed of the positive test on Wednesday. He said in a statement that at this time he does not have any symptoms.

"I informed our team of my positive test at 2 p.m. today on a Zoom call and let them know offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will oversee preparations at the complex while I work from home," he said."

So what does it say that the SEC is suddenly experiencing all these COVID issues? It it because they are traveling to play in places where most people aren't masking up? Are they having a more lax attitude about it all down South?

It's a very interesting question. Will be super interested to see when the Big Ten starts if there are less outbreak issues because of no fans and masks being required more in those states.

Who cares, why is this still a thing. CDC admitted lockdowns are pointless after flip flopping many times. CDC said masks don’t work and won’t slow the spread. Just play

Who cares, why is this still a thing. CDC admitted lockdowns are pointless after flip flopping many times. CDC said masks don’t work and won’t slow the spread. Just play

God, it's been nice having you on ignore.

But since you're making up BS, CDC is 100% NOT saying masks don't work. Show me the current statement or link

So what does it say that the SEC is suddenly experiencing all these COVID issues? It it because they are traveling to play in places where most people aren't masking up? Are they having a more lax attitude about it all down South?

It's a very interesting question. Will be super interested to see when the Big Ten starts if there are less outbreak issues because of no fans and masks being required more in those states.

"Covid issues" is highly disingenuous , without the context of cycle threshold in testing, asymptomatic vs. symptomatic, etc. 60-90% of our "cases" wouldn't be cases in Germany, for example. Meaning 60-90% of our "cases" pose no risk to the "infected" or to anyone else. Florida players and Nick Saban had Covid anytime between one week or possibly 1-8 months ago, or possibly never. When you test at 40 cycles, that's what you get.

It doesn't really matter to the SEC. Unless someone dies they just all think it is just another flu. They were "bragging" about all of the players having been invected at LSU before they started to play.

It doesn't really matter to the SEC. Unless someone dies they just all think it is just another flu. They were "bragging" about all of the players having been invected at LSU before they started to play.

But the Big Ten has the moral superiority by waiting to play until seasonality is at our worst for Covid (which everybody knows)? :confused:

But the Big Ten has the moral superiority by waiting to play until seasonality is at our worst for Covid (which everybody knows)? :confused:

Um, daily testing vs 3x week in SEC and ACC. also no fans and people required in masks in the Big Ten towns. Not seeing any difference still?

Um, daily testing vs 3x week in SEC and ACC. also no fans and people required in masks in the Big Ten towns. Not seeing any difference still?

I see a massive difference. I see every week on TV college athletes who choose to compete, being allowed to. I see fans who no doubt know the risks, allowed to go watch a college football game. I also see a Coronabro nation that was hoping and waiting for this opportunity to both cower in a corner and simultaneously exert complete authority over everybody else. Enjoy your time.

"Covid issues" is highly disingenuous , without the context of cycle threshold in testing, asymptomatic vs. symptomatic, etc. 60-90% of our "cases" wouldn't be cases in Germany, for example. Meaning 60-90% of our "cases" pose no risk to the "infected" or to anyone else. Florida players and Nick Saban had Covid anytime between one week or possibly 1-8 months ago, or possibly never. When you test at 40 cycles, that's what you get.
Sheer nonsense.

Complete nonsense.

We can whine and cry about PCR cycles and false positives all we want. When hospitalizations and deaths don’t increase following case increases then case rates truly become irrelevant. So far that hasn’t been the case anywhere.

He’s got 3 days till game day, if he still has no symptoms and they run another test that comes back negative, great resume duties. Also if you think he’s got residual viral rna sitting in his nose from 6 months ago that hasn’t been picked up until this one test, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

We can whine and cry about PCR cycles and false positives all we want. When hospitalizations and deaths don’t increase following case increases then case rates truly become irrelevant. So far that hasn’t been the case anywhere.

He’s got 3 days till game day, if he still has no symptoms and they run another test that comes back negative, great resume duties. Also if you think he’s got residual viral rna sitting in his nose from 6 months ago that hasn’t been picked up until this one test, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

I'd advise you to scientific research, to which you've been obviously, intentionally, ignorant. It's fun to huddle up with your Coronabros, and sling arrows. CNN and NY Times won't cut it. Facts are still facts, as weird as that sounds in 2020.

I'd argue the PCR test gives way more false negatives than false positives. Upwards of 30% in some estimates. My sister tested negative at Day 2 and Day 9 post infection. Antibody positive after two weeks.

oof!

Bad for the big ten.
Alabama’s loss this weekend will be written off and Covid will be used as an excuse to put 2 SEC teams in the playoff

Are you suggesting the fans in the stadium infected Saban? I suppose it’s possible even if unlikely.

The staff and players that don’t take distancing, hygiene, isolating from the student bodies seriously during the season are going to have some problems. Even people that do everything right can end up infected. These are college kids with poor impulse control. It’s going to be messy. Everyone knew this going in.

I see a massive difference. I see every week on TV college athletes who choose to compete, being allowed to. I see fans who no doubt know the risks, allowed to go watch a college football game. I also see a Coronabro nation that was hoping and waiting for this opportunity to both cower in a corner and simultaneously exert complete authority over everybody else. Enjoy your time.
Pretty much nailed it on all counts. Common sense, really

The B1G is seriously trying to control the infection rates and protect the players from the virus. The SEC is just going through the motions because they have to...

You seem to have a basic misunderstanding of how a contagious and deadly virus survives. Let us use cockroaches as an analogy. You live in an apartment building with cockroaches. All of your neighbors have their apartments treated for cockroaches, but you are "willing" to take the risk of living with cockroaches and do not treat for cockroaches. You can have 99 out of 100 apartments deal with the cockroaches, but the one that doesn't will cause the cockroaches to return to all 100 apartments. So you deciding to exercise "your personal freedom" of not treating for cockroaches actually infringes on the rights all of the people living in the remaining 99 apartments by not giving them their right to live without cockroaches. If you personally chose to take risks on transmitting the virus, you are affecting the health of everyone that you come in contact with as you wander through the day. You have not made just a personal choice, but you have infringed upon the personal choices of everyone you meet. And remember, over half of the people who have Covid-19 do not know they have it. And, it can linger in the air as an aerosol. Just think of it as smoke or some strong odor. How long does it take for that you build up in an area and how long does it take for it to go away? (I know that you can smell smoke at most likely a lower concentration than it takes to get infected by the virus, but it illustrates the point).

So you really think that it is a conspiracy to make people cower in fear or to take control over peoples actions? Sounds like a stupid way to achieve that. Heck if I was devious enough to want to do that I certainly wouldn't do it in a way that restricts my actions, hurts the economy or my enjoyment of live. I would use to get more, not less......

Seriously, a playoff with Clemson and three Shady Ethics Conference teams may be a blessing for the B1G. Does any team want to play in games where the opponent has a number of players and coaches testing positive for covid-19?

Seriously, a playoff with Clemson and three Shady Ethics Conference teams may be a blessing for the B1G. Does any team want to play in games where the opponent has a number of players and coaches testing positive for covid-19?

I'm sure there would be intense daily testing before any kind of bowl or playoff games where conferences are squaring off.

So you really think that it is a conspiracy to make people cower in fear or to take control over peoples actions? Sounds like a stupid way to achieve that. Heck if I was devious enough to want to do that I certainly wouldn't do it in a way that restricts my actions, hurts the economy or my enjoyment of live. I would use to get more, not less......
Bless you for continuing the battle, but quite sure you're trying to convince some people who worry more about all the pedophiles in the deep state.

Top Bottom