Nice Coverage on KFAN

ButchNashGuy

Section 212 Row 23
Reaction score
Long talk with Kill with Barriero. Plus an additional 1 1/2 on recruiting with Limegrover on now.

Awesome, something to listen to at work tomorrow. :)

PA's coverage on KFAN of the Gophers on one of their biggest days was pathetic. Showed very little interest.

Im disapointed p.a. didnt have much, at least the morning show was updating and bump had a lot.

You've got to give them credit, their coverage was HUGE compared to last year, I know this, because I was part of their only coverage. They only dedicated 30 minutes to signing day, and I did the show with Gaardsy and Lindsay Guentzel. This year, to be live a the Sota social, to have basically the whole show dedicated to it, plus updates from the presser, tweeting, etc, I think they did a nice job.

Let's be honest, as die-hard fans, there's never enough coverage for all of us! I would listen to KFAN 24-7 if it was all Gopher talk...but I doubt their ratings would be that great ;)

I listened to KFAN several times during the day including the drive in the am and pm with Common mixed in between and Gopher football was front and center each time.

GopherLady said:
You've got to give them credit, their coverage was HUGE compared to last year, I know this, because I was part of their only coverage. They only dedicated 30 minutes to signing day, and I did the show with Gaardsy and Lindsay Guentzel. This year, to be live a the Sota social, to have basically the whole show dedicated to it, plus updates from the presser, tweeting, etc, I think they did a nice job.

Let's be honest, as die-hard fans, there's never enough coverage for all of us! I would listen to KFAN 24-7 if it was all Gopher talk...but I doubt their ratings would be that great ;)
I do agree that DB had great coverage live @ 3:00.... my frustration was with PA. The signings were coming in between 9-10 and we heard almost nothing. I know he's a Vikes guy but come on - they are the home of Gopher football!!

PA's coverage on KFAN of the Gophers on one of their biggest days was pathetic. Showed very little interest.[/QUOTE

I was on the road this morning and switched from XM to KFAN. They had Trent Tucker on and I thought how about Trent's take on the recruiting, but no it was an NBA breakdown on point guards followed by shooting guards. I hung in there till he said they would be back with a Super Bowl Breakdown. It was very simple to go back to XM.

PA was missing THE STORY. Could have been relaying the signing action. Comments from I don't care who. But no. He does not get an incomplete, no It was an F.

PA's coverage on KFAN of the Gophers on one of their biggest days was pathetic. Showed very little interest.

I was on the road this morning and switched from XM to KFAN. They had Trent Tucker on and I thought how about Trent's take on the recruiting, but no it was an NBA breakdown on point guards followed by shooting guards. I hung in there till he said they would be back with a Super Bowl Breakdown. It was very simple to go back to XM.

PA was missing THE STORY. Could have been relaying the signing action. Comments from I don't care who. But no. He does not get an incomplete, no It was an F.

Paul Allen is just fine when he talks about Gopher hockey and basketball on his radio show. But on the few occasions when he does talk Gopher football PA's obviously disinterested demeanor is the same as when the opposing team scores during his Viking radio broadcasts. There is only one football team for PA and that is the Vikings. Because he is not able to hide those feelings when he is on air I consider Paul Allen to be the most unprofessional radio broadcaster I have ever heard. The person in second place does not even approach PA's level of immaturity as a broadcaster. And when is PA going to stop talking like a teenager? He is over 40 years old - it is about time he starts speaking and acting like an adult.

I was struck that just a few years ago Barerrio and Gaard were laughing and ripping gopher football when SH didn't sign here, they actually talked more specific Hawkeye recruiting than gophers, basically a laughfest at the U's expense. Fast forward to yesterday, the tone is a complete 180.
Good for KFAN now, shame on them for the past.

Amazing the change now that their bread is buttered differently...

Paul Allen is just fine when he talks about Gopher hockey and basketball on his radio show. But on the few occasions when he does talk Gopher football PA's obviously disinterested demeanor is the same as when the opposing team scores during his Viking radio broadcasts. There is only football team for PA and that is the Vikings. Because he is not able to hide those feelings when he is on air I consider Paul Allen to be the most unprofessional radio broadcaster I have ever heard. The person in second place does not even approach PA's level of immaturity as a broadcaster. And when is PA going to stop talking like a teenager? He is over 40 years old - it is high time he starts speaking and acting like an adult.

This.....

PA hates gopher football and its obvious

I did like Barreiro's show with Mason and Kill, great interviews to listen too. You all just need to turn PA off.

did WCCO 830 or ESPN 1500 do much coverage of the gophers, college football and/or NSD yesterday?

PA is a joke, as is his show. It's bad, and it gets worse every year. He's incredibly condescending to his guests and callers.

His play by play is beyond horrible and unprofessional. That he constantly refers to players during a game by their FIRST names is enough to make him a laughingstock.

If Mother Teresa was Gopher Football related and someone happened to post a topic about her, I can think of serveral people that would only focus on her mustache.

did WCCO 830 or ESPN 1500 do much coverage of the gophers, college football and/or NSD yesterday?

I am sure PA has little respect among his colleagues. There are unwritten rules on how you should act as a member of the media, even when you are a team's play-by-play voice. Don't worry, he will make a fatal error and his career will be over.

If Mother Teresa was Gopher Football related and someone happened to post a topic about her, I can think of serveral people that would only focus on her mustache.

She's a Maturi apologist.

Paul Allen is awful as a radio host and worse as a PBP man. Listen to other markets....

Top Bottom