NFL Draft

Out State Gopher

Reaction score
History has told us the 1st round has more QB busts than a Kardashien family reunion. Good Luck Tyler Nubin.

Guessing he's a second round guy.....but hoping to hear his name called tonight.

I really likpe McCarthy's game. Some rag on him for not doing more as the MIchigan QB, but he stepped when he had to and played within that system very well. Watched him enough to know he has tremendous football instincts.

Nubin is a puzzler to me. He's really good, but I've always thought his game was a little bit quiet and the NFL is noise, noise, noise. He'll be gone by the end of the third round, but this is where need and availability show up so where's drafted will be determined by whether there is a run on a particular position that would drive safeties down. He's probably in the top three at the position if one considers DeJean a safety.

What the hell does that even mean? And who the fuck is the Kardashien family?
You have a point with the first question, but don't act like you don't know the family he is referring to simply because he got one letter wrong in the last name.

Are you another one of Mpls Gopher's alt accounts?

Anywho, what the heck is Atlanta doing by drafting a QB??? The whole point is to have QB be cheap for the first 4-5 years but you ruin that by paying the other QB $40+ million....

You have a point with the first question, but don't act like you don't know the family he is referring to simply because he got one letter wrong in the last name.
I know very well who he's referring to, I like to rip on shitty posters' errors as an additional knife twist. You ever hear of sarcasm?

Are you another one of Mpls Gopher's alt accounts?

Not only dumb, but also stupid. You're better than this.

Anywho, what the heck is Atlanta doing by drafting a QB??? The whole point is to have QB be cheap for the first 4-5 years but you ruin that by paying the other QB $40+ million....
I had heard they were anticipating losing a high draft pick next year for the tampering involving cousins, so they snagged a potential future QB this year as cousins is still a complete unknown after his surgery on top of that. I get the strategy, penix gets to learn behind cousins for a year or two, but they have a lot of holes to fill and had a lot of good options outside of the qb spot

I know very well who he's referring to, I like to rip on shitty posters' errors as an additional knife twist.
Ah yes, the kinds of messages all of us posters come here to enjoy. Keep it up please.

And by the way, I wouldn't be surprised if @Out State Gopher is taller than both you and Mike Morris.

I had heard they were anticipating losing a high draft pick next year for the tampering involving cousins, so they snagged a potential future QB this year as cousins is still a complete unknown after his surgery on top of that. I get the strategy, penix gets to learn behind cousins for a year or two, but they have a lot of holes to fill and had a lot of good options outside of the qb spot
Interesting thought, but that kinda sounds like Cousins went there to win (high draft pick offensive weapons) and now they plan on just using him to groom the replacement for later on?

I'd hold out and ask for a trade if I were him, but make Atlanta eat the salary like Denver did for Wilson.

It's crazy. You don't spend that kind of money on him then if you think he's a complete unknown.

Penix is older and is probably more ready to play right away than some of the other guys. It was a really odd pick all around.

A lot of punchiness on the board today, I like it! Sassers gonna sass

Apparently the Falcons can opt out after two years. Cousins contract is heavy loaded the first two years meaning they have options after two years to see if the new guy is ready and to see if Cousins should be released.

I think it makes sense if you really like Penix. I think Penix was a reach, but if they think he's the next guy, they can dump Cousins after 2 years.

I think it makes sense if you really like Penix. I think Penix was a reach, but if they think he's the next guy, they can dump Cousins after 2 years.
Very few left handed QB have made it big. It's a right handed world and most offenses are built for right handed players.

Nubin is a puzzler to me. He's really good, but I've always thought his game was a little bit quiet and the NFL is noise, noise, noise.
13 career interceptions is pretty loud. But without the athletic potential that's typical of the 1st round, it's tough for any secondary guy with (RAS 2.91) to go Day 1, especially with some not-great moments on tape.

I know very well who he's referring to, I like to rip on shitty posters' errors as an additional knife twist. You ever hear of sarcasm?

Not only dumb, but also stupid. You're better than this.
I've missed you dpo. Waiting for you to retire from your dual positions at the IRS and DMV so you can post more has been hard on all of us. Forgive him!

Furthermore, if the experts are accurate, the quarterbacks in the draft next year are on the weaker side supposedly. If that is correct, then Atlanta was looking ahead and also perhaps thinking that they may not be in a good position to draft one if Cousins takes them up a few notches as to wins.

Problem is you potentially divide your locker room for the next two years when you should have been competing for a Super Bowl. They should have taken Odunze or the top defensive guy. They need quite a bit on defense, and a Wideout to stretch the field despite all the young weapons they currently have.

It makes absolutely ZERO sense....if Cousins basically plays the next two seasons, his third season becomes guaranteed. That's why he took the Atlanta offer. That means they either eat a boatload of $$$ or they wait till year 4 of Penix's contract to start him. By that time he will be 27-28 and they will then have to decide if they are going to pay him big time starting qb money the following season!! The reason you draft a QB in the first round nowadays is hopefully you can have a starting QB making rookie contract money (als Brock Purdy and CJ Stroud and Jordan Love). Dumbest pick ever.

Last edited:

Top Bottom