NFL draft predictions for our Gopher players. Bragging rights to the winner.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
With the NFL draft just over a month away. Let's make predictions for which Gophers will be drafted and in what round. I will go first.

AWjr 2nd Round
TJ 5th Round

Sorry, I do not see any other Gophers getting drafted, but I hope I am wrong. GO GOPHERS!

I'd like to see each those guys move up a round, possible but not likely (Outside chance Winfield to the Vikes). I do think Kamal goes in the 6th/7th. Would be great to see Coughlin too, though he seems fit for the undrafted style.

I was surprised Coughlin weighed under 240 lbs. If he can get to 245 he could try being an outside backer in a 3-4; they rush the passer quite often.

I'd like to see each those guys move up a round, possible but not likely (Outside chance Winfield to the Vikes). I do think Kamal goes in the 6th/7th. Would be great to see Coughlin too, though he seems fit for the undrafted style.

AWJ 3rd round
TJ 4th round
Coughlin 6th round

AWJ - 2nd round. Seems to have picked up some steam here in mocks I've seen recently, for what those are worth.

TJ - 4th round. This is the biggest mystery to me, especially considering I don't think he will get the opportunity to run a 40 in front of live scouts, and this WR class is seen as incredibly deep. Could see him going anywhere from round 3-7, but I do believe he ultimately will be drafted.... The tape will be too good.

CC/KM - 7th round. Both will get UFDA looks, but call me an optimist! Don't think either can hope for much higher (maybe 6th), based on what I've read, which again you have to take with a grain of salt.

Side Note: I've been a longtime casual lurker here (I made an account years ago looking for Iowa tickets), but with the recent developments I'm excited to spend more time on here in the near future!

AW = 2nd Round
TJ = 3rd Round
CC = 6th Rd
KM = 7th rd

I've seen multiple mock NFL drafts that have the Vikes taking Diggs' brother in the first round. I don't see this happening after what just went down with Stefon. I don't think I'm being crazy here?

AW - Rd2
CC - Rd5
TJ - Rd6
KM - Rd7

Green Bay trades a backup guard to Houston for the 57th pick and a 2021 first to take Winfield one pick before the Vikings.

I've seen multiple mock NFL drafts that have the Vikes taking Diggs' brother in the first round. I don't see this happening after what just went down with Stefon. I don't think I'm being crazy here?
You're not being crazy. Stefon would be a bad influence for his brother. If they drafted his brother it would be a matter of time before he would start demanding, being petty etc.

You're not being crazy. Stefon would be a bad influence for his brother. If they drafted his brother it would be a matter of time before he would start demanding, being petty etc.
Yeah I'm thinking that's a big mistake and I don't see the Vikings making that pick. Mock drafters just being unaware and going by lists.

AW 2nd
TJ 5th

I think I agree with this.
I think TJ will outperform his draft position wherever it is.

I'd be very happy if the Vikings draft him as their 2nd WR in their draft taking TJ 5th or later.

Antoine Winfield Jr Round 1 Pick 25
Tyler Johnson Round 5 Pick 155

waste of draft capital at 25, at the very least we should let him drop to the fourth round
I really believe he'll be a good steady player. Many good receivers this year however as we all know. Would like to see TJ apart of our team. I agree I believe he would still be available in the 4th round.

Part of the gamble as to when to pick a player without waiting too long. Clearly will be an interesting draft for the Gophers.

AW 1st Round - Minnesota
TJ 3rd Round - Green Bay
CC 5th Round - Carolina
KM 7th Round - Pittsburgh or Philadelphia

Awjr 2nd
TJ 3rd
CC 7th/UDFA
KM 7th/UDFA

Vikings draft Diggs brother. After a miserable 2020- 2021 season Diggs demands being traded back. Vikings get him for a 3rd and a 5th.

AWjr. early 2nd
TJ 5th (amazingly Cepheus will go ahead of him in the 3rd, did anyone see that damn bowl game TJ had?!?!)
7th Kamal
UDFA CC, Renner

Vikings draft Diggs brother. After a miserable 2020- 2021 season Diggs demands being traded back. Vikings get him for a 3rd and a 5th.

We don't want cry babies back. We've got four draft picks for him.

AW 2nd Round
TJ 5th Round
CC 6th Round
KM and Renner UDFA

Kamal 4th
TJ 5th
Renner 5th
CC 6th
AWjr. UDFA

This order has nothing to do with how I would rank them, basically IMO the NFL drafts almost exclusively on conformity to standards. Kamal fits LB mold the best, his injury situation makes him the most volatile on the list, healthy and at the combine I think he ends up 2nd rounder.

For Antoine's sake I hope I'm proven wrong.

TJ: 3rd (I think he will run better than expected and come up draft boards)
AWJ: 3rd (someone will take a flyer on his ballhawking skills and that he's willing to hit, plus legacy lines)
CC: 7th
KM: 7th
Renner: UDFA

Kamal 4th
TJ 5th
Renner 5th
CC 6th
AWjr. UDFA

This order has nothing to do with how I would rank them, basically IMO the NFL drafts almost exclusively on conformity to standards. Kamal fits LB mold the best, his injury situation makes him the most volatile on the list, healthy and at the combine I think he ends up 2nd rounder.

For Antoine's sake I hope I'm proven wrong.

Basically every available ranking has AWjr as a consensus top 100 prospect, but you have him going undrafted? I could see injury history causing him to drop outside of that range (unlikely), but then you have KM going in the fourth, who is currently dealing with an injury. Also, Renner in the fifth is bold to say the least.

Nobody knows anything about where these guys are going to go, but I would be intrigued to see your rationale for why you have each player going in their respective round.

I'd love to see Johnson and Winfield in Vikings colors. More unlikely with Winfield probably unless Harris was dealt. Of course I'd love to see all the other Gophers get a shot with the Vikes but those 2 have a legit chance to get PT somewhere and make an impact.

Top Bottom