NFL draft predictions for our Gopher players. Bragging rights to the winner.

Mel Kiper has Winfield Jr going #20 overall. So for those of you that have him in the 5th round or undrafted or whatever...please share whatever you're using to get through this quarantine because it looks like a helluva fun time

So your job is scouting for your NFL franchise and you recommend to draft Winfield late first or second round, and he gets trucked by a pro level TE in a preseason game, is concussed, out for the season, possible career ending. That could happen to ANY player, but if it happens to Winfield your out of a job because everyone said he was too small to play at this level and now maybe just due to bad luck they get proved right. Same thing happens to a bigger player and it's just bad luck, move on, nothing to see here. I just think these guys are all about risk aversion. I hope I'm wrong and someone gives him a chance.

AWJ - 2nd round. Seems to have picked up some steam here in mocks I've seen recently, for what those are worth.

TJ - 4th round. This is the biggest mystery to me, especially considering I don't think he will get the opportunity to run a 40 in front of live scouts, and this WR class is seen as incredibly deep. Could see him going anywhere from round 3-7, but I do believe he ultimately will be drafted.... The tape will be too good.

CC/KM - 7th round. Both will get UFDA looks, but call me an optimist! Don't think either can hope for much higher (maybe 6th), based on what I've read, which again you have to take with a grain of salt.

Side Note: I've been a longtime casual lurker here (I made an account years ago looking for Iowa tickets), but with the recent developments I'm excited to spend more time on here in the near future!
WE HAVE A WINNER. With the Gophers having AWjr drafted in the 2nd round, TJ and KM in the 5th round, and CC and CW drafted in the 7th round. It appears to me that Gopher Ascension's guess was the most accurate. CONGRATS to you! ?

Top Bottom