News on Shaka Smart

Richmond Insider is leading everyone on a Snipe hunt....IMO

Who the hell is the Sportsxchange? That is who Yahoo picked up the article from...and to say he "never seriously considered leaving" is in the face of a number of sources and a freaking picture of him at MOA....what, after the long season he decided to vacation in MN? During a snow storm? Not buying it. He may very well stay at VCU but this story stinks of BS.

Quoted just in case you are serious so that we can all laugh about it later.

Over, Shaka will be hired by the Gophers at 4:27 pm today. At least that's what my inside source told me.

I seriously love this lol can we PLEASE fire a coach every year?

At the end of the day - no matter how it turns out - we made a serious run at Shaka Bleeping Smart. That's not nothing, that's something.

All you people who wanted Tubby Smith gone make me sick...no big name coach is going to want to come to Minnesota...now get off my lawn!

At the end of the day - no matter how it turns out - we made a serious run at Shaka Bleeping Smart. That's not nothing, that's something.

Come on now. No "minnesota moral victory" dance just yet. Keep hope alive.

Damn. What a flurry of information, non-information, rumormilling, and the like. Fun. Much more fun that Maturi's painful 'process' for finally arriving at Jerry Kill. Whatever happens folks, temper your enthusiasm for now.

I know how badly we all want to thumb our noses at the national press et al for basicially telling us to settle for mediocrity, and how hiring Smart would give us that opportunity. But man, I am struggling with the anticipation for whatever goes down. The fact that prior to yesterday, I felt that Smart coming here was almost a 0% chance, and now I've perceived this number to be above zero is tangibly exciting. That said, I've got my back up list of hopeful candidates on hand...

over 2500 visitors now...wow. Must be a record.

The most users online ever was 7,234, yesterday. I'm guessing about 4k-5k of those were visitors (considering there are only about 5,000 registered users here and I'm guessing a lot of those are dormant usernames).

I hear Chris Petersen has scheduled a meeting with the players later today. That can only mean one thing!...ring a bell?

Did I miss something or are you talking about the photoshopped picture of him riding the roller coaster with the wedding party?

Sorry barnboy...was having fun with over reaction to story including false info...guess didn't include as much sarcasm as necessary to get point across. Will work harder next time so sarcasm isn't missed!

I wouldn't "fall in love..." with any name floating around right now. Who knows what is happening. This is the "rumors and rumors of rumors stage..." of the buying out...firing the existing coach process. Now we are in the"... fantasy mind-game...trying to make fantasy names work..." stage. Eventually we will get to: "...finally putting the flesh to the fantasy names games..." REAL names or a real name will rise to the front of this process. Then the waiting...waiting...waiting part of the hiring of the replacement coach. Eventually, will come the hiring of the replacement coach. I would guess this is going to take a while. But, that's good, because with all of the buy out money that has been spent, this next hire is really going to have to last for a LONG time.

Then, we will have to decide how many years we have to give the new coach to get his players into his system.

There is one thing that is certain though: our new norwood is now officially the "ad" of record. This will be his signature hire. This hire will most likely make...OR...break our new norwood... May this, PLEASE, be a good hire. I think it will be a LONG time until the budget of the ad can handle another one...this is going to coast a LOT of money. Hope it appeals to the ticket buying public...

; 0 )

Top Bottom