New trophy game

Make it so Goldy!

Or the winning mascot could literally crack a wooden chair over the back of the losing mascot each year. Then, take all the pieces of the chair, throw them in an old bucket called the "Pieces Of Wooden Chair Trophy!"

This is really, utterly, totally and completely stupid.

I love it. I'm behind this. Bring that trophy and let's play for it.

In the immortal words of Animal House:

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

I already love this trophy. I so want that trophy to be on the sidelines tomorrow. I went from "What in the world am I looking at?" to "We must defend the chair!" in about 5 minutes. That shows just how important this is.

What is really funny is that Wisconsin and Iowa were quick to come up with really lame trophies for their new rivalries. None of the Nebraska fans seem to really care about them though. This broken bits of wooden chair thing has gotten an overwhelming response from fans on both sides! It is hilarious. It is the modern equivalent to how trophy games started back in the day.

What is really funny is that Wisconsin and Iowa were quick to come up with really lame trophies for this new rivalry None of the Nebraska fans seem to really care about them though. This thing has gotten an overwhelming response from fans on both sides! It is hilarious. It is the modern equivalent to how trophy games started back in the day.

Agreed. Win the Chair! Go Gophers!

If Goldy shows up with this abortion of a Trophy at the game tomorrow, it might be the greatest thing to happen to college football in a long time! I am so sick of the corporate/administration trophies. This thing is rad.

That's a FACT, Jack!

Love how the $5 bills on the bottom of the #BitsofWoodenChairTrophy have the pictures of Goldy and Faux Pelini on them. Nice touch Goldy!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is the significance of a broken wooden chair? I'm to lazy to search this thread.

First person to spot it on the sidelines today wins.

This trophy is worthy at least $10 more than the Freedom Trophy.

I'm so confused. Why is the trophy a broken chair?

Faux Pelini and Goldy had a back-and-forth going on twitter; Faux Pelini proposed a bet that if Nebraska wins, Goldy owes him $5 and if Minnesota wins, Faux Pelini get's to smash a wooden chair over Goldy (yes, not very fair). So Goldy created the trophy as a broken chair with 2 $5 bills taped to the bottom.

This needs to be a thing. Not because we need a trophy, but because it's a giant F U to Delaney, Alvarez, the sterilization of the Big Ten conference, and the ongoing bastardization of the trophy tradition in this conference, and the university of wisconsin.

I fully support it. The best part about it, if it becomes a real thing, is that it will forever be told that it is a mockery of an awful wisconsin trophy. And moving forward, Nebraska fans know that their trophy game they share with us is better than the one they have with wisconsin.

If the winning team doesn't officially accept it, then I think it should be exchanged at a tailgate party.

If the winning team doesn't officially accept it, then I think it should be exchanged at a tailgate party.
Henceforth and so on, I declare that the winner of this historic rivalry shall have thee fans of thine triumphant squad taketh a chair made of wood--be it oaken, cedar, or any coniferous (sp?) source-- and smasheth thine chair with force, gentle but firm enough, to breaketh thine wooden chair into pieces over the back of a fan from thine losing team, and do so-eth at a festival of tailgate after the contest of football is completed. The pieces of wooden chair shall be collected, nailed together, and worshipped until the next match between the teams.

Am I the only one who finds the mutual hate for Wisconsin between Nebraska & Minnesota fans beautiful?

Break out the Wooden Chair!!!

Like I said in chat, with all the injuries, this should be named The Bits of Broken Bones Trophy.

4/5 trophies are where they belong. Bring back that axe.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4/5 trophies are where they belong. Bring back that axe.

+1. That and the Jug are the ones I always want to most. Especially want the Axe back in Minneapolis this year for the very obvious reason. :D

So at first I thought this was a joke. It really is a trophy game?>

Top Bottom