New trophy game

October 17, 2015, the Big Ten home opener is against Nebraska. It would be great to have the chair on the sidelines with Goldy, even if the team doesn't officially recognize it.

With the Bits of Broken Chair at the basketball game, it seems quite likely it will be on the sidelines when we play Nebraska next.

October 17, 2016, the Big Ten home opener is against Nebraska. It would be great to have the chair on the sidelines with Goldy, even if the team doesn't officially recognize it.

Great idea. However, I'll need you to send me a note on 10/16/16 to remind me about this.

This needs to be a thing. Not because we need a trophy, but because it's a giant F U to Delaney, Alvarez, the sterilization of the Big Ten conference, and the ongoing bastardization of the trophy tradition in this conference, and the university of wisconsin.

I fully support it. The best part about it, if it becomes a real thing, is that it will forever be told that it is a mockery of an awful wisconsin trophy. And moving forward, Nebraska fans know that their trophy game they share with us is better than the one they have with wisconsin.

What Wisconsin Trophy game is it making fun of?

Barely saw in the highlight package Mortell was carrying it to the locker room.

The thing that those goofs at Big Ten HQ don't realize is that this is how trophies are supposed to get created. A visiting coach doesn't trust the home team to provide clean water, the Governors bet a real pig to calm tensions, a school steals an existing trophy like the thriving whores they are...if this becomes something the mascots trade from Twitter trash talk then the fan bases will begin to cherish it.

Am I the only one who finds the mutual hate for Wisconsin between Nebraska & Minnesota fans beautiful?

Eh no, IMO Nebraska admires Wisconsin. Might have hated Bielema, but not Wisconsin. Hate is reserved for trashy wanna-be programs. (who typically wear black to cover up their insecurities) Bucky has a solid program that gets the job done, legit.

The thing that those goofs at Big Ten HQ don't realize is that this is how trophies are supposed to get created. A visiting coach doesn't trust the home team to provide clean water, the Governors bet a real pig to calm tensions, a school steals an existing trophy like the thriving whores they are...if this becomes something the mascots trade from Twitter trash talk then the fan bases will begin to cherish it.

100% agree, it's silly enough that even the national media would comment on it. The cast of characters on ESPN Game Day may have a little segment on it, do to the funny story. No one talks about the Governor's Bell, with good reason.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is fine. I really like the idea of the mascots owning the trophy.

I just wish Nebraska didn't have such creepy mascots.

PS Is there any question that Goldy is heads and shoulders the best mascot in college sports? I don't think so.

It is now. Moving forward, the trophy should always be exchanged between mascots.

Let's really hope that Herbie Husker or Lil' Red embrace it because as of now, the Nebraska representative for this trophy is some guy with a Twitter account.

Let's really hope that Herbie Husker or Lil' Red embrace it because as of now, the Nebraska representative for this trophy is some guy with a Twitter account.

True, but Twitter Faux Pelini is probably one of the most well known "personalities" in the state of Nebraska and also in the national college sports media. You would be surprised at just how many people reference (and even follow) his witty and fun commentary.

Top Bottom