New OC ideas ?

Wyoming went 2-10 this year with a really weak schedule. He has only been there two years though.

So does this mean TC didn't have his replacement identified when he canned Limey? I was thinking he likely did.

Josh Henson
Missouri hired their defensive coordinator to replace Pinkel, I suspect that there is a good chance Henson stays at Missouri. Although, I thought the same of Limegrover when Minnesota hired their defensive coordinator.

Missouri hired their defensive coordinator to replace Pinkel, I suspect that there is a good chance Henson stays at Missouri. Although, I thought the same of Limegrover when Minnesota hired their defensive coordinator.

Rumored is Odom will make changes on offense. They were really bad with their OC/OL coach running the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well he certainly was successful at NDSU. His tenure at Wyoming so far isn't too promising though... hard to say if he had the talent needed to succeed there though.

this was his second season there.

I think Minnesota needs to innovate. Lets hire a programming firm and just create a software program to run the offense. We could set up a kiosk in the new facility where the robotic coach would start calling out drills and tips to the players. Recruiting could be done by robo calls.

How about the guy that made the PowerPoint for the Bison job a few years ago that said he was gong "chuck the pigskin" every play. Maybe he's still available.

Jeff Tedford just got fired by the BC Lions. He would be a good fit for the Gophers (experienced OC and QB guru with significant head coaching experience to help Claeys). I would say he is a bit of a reach but will note that he was coaching in the CFL so he must not have a ton of options.

Rumored is Odom will make changes on offense. They were really bad with their OC/OL coach running the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Football Scoop is reporting that Josh Heupel is being considered for the OC position at Missouri.

Lets not forget, Tedford had great RB's at Cal. They can make any offense look good. Look at Cobb for example.

I think Minnesota needs to innovate. Lets hire a programming firm and just create a software program to run the offense. We could set up a kiosk in the new facility where the robotic coach would start calling out drills and tips to the players. Recruiting could be done by robo calls.

Instant fan voting via Twitter for all play calls.

1st Down: #MN #RunUpMiddle

2nd Down: #MN #RunUpMiddle

3rd Down: #MN #PlayAction

Looks like Limegrover is voting!!

Lets not forget, Tedford had great RB's at Cal. They can make any offense look good. Look at Cobb for example.

Or an offense can make any running back look good. It seems counterintuitve to reject candidates because they had successful offenses. Here this list of 1 000 yard runners. Only Lynch is a star and Forsett a solid NFLer.

Though known primarily for his quarterbacks, Tedford, along with running backs coach Ron Gould, produced eight 1000-yard rushers during his tenure at Cal.[33][34]
2002: Joe Igber (1,130 yards)
2003: Adimchinobi Echemandu (1,195 yards)
2004: J. J. Arrington (2,018 yards)
2005: Marshawn Lynch (1,246 yards)
2006: Marshawn Lynch (1,356 yards)
2007: Justin Forsett (1,546 yards)
2008: Jahvid Best (1,580 yards)
2010: Shane Vereen (1,167 yards)
2011: Isi Sofele (1,322 yards)

And look at his QBs. Except Rodgers, all were pretty disappointing in the NFL (we can argue about Dilfer) and performed below their draft. From a college perspective that is a good thing. It means they were coached up.

Tedford coached each of the following first round NFL draft picks at the quarterback position:
Fresno State Trent Dilfer 6th overall 1994, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
David Carr 1st overall 2002, Houston Texans

Oregon Akili Smith 3rd overall 1999, Cincinnati Bengals
Joey Harrington 3rd overall 2002, Detroit Lions

California Kyle Boller 19th overall 2003, Baltimore Ravens
Aaron Rodgers 24th overall 2005, Green Bay Packers

Tedford would be a no-doubt, 100% insta-hire if he wants to come here. My guess is that he thinks he's above Minnesota.

Tedford would be a no-doubt, 100% insta-hire if he wants to come here. My guess is that he thinks he's above Minnesota.

Me too. But he was coaching in the CFL which makes one wonder. Limegrover pay would likely be more than he made in BC.

RE: Tedford.

Sounds like he stepped down from the CFL job to pursue one of the many HC opportunities. You'd have to think he's a HC candidate, not OC.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...rsue-other-opportunities-in-college-football/

From the linked article:

"If the 54-year-old Tedford were to get back into the collegiate game in the FBS, it appears he’ll have to do so as a coordinator and, potentially, work his way back to taking over his own program."

Why not Heupel to Minnesota

Football Scoop is reporting that Josh Heupel is being considered for the OC position at Missouri.

Heupel is from South Dakota, so I don't think he would dislike living here. Good college QB and has had some success in college. Would like to see him get an interview at least.

That would be Jedd Fisch
I think it was assumed that Brewster didn't get his kill shot. I know Heupel was rumored to be a target early in the process, but I don't how much validity to put on that rumor.

For a few years, Heupel was mentioned for something on the Gopher staff every time an opening occurred. He'd probably be a decent choice.

Heupel is from South Dakota, so I don't think he would dislike living here. Good college QB and has had some success in college. Would like to see him get an interview at least.

I wouldn't be excited about him based on the fact he was fired from his last job by his own head coach who was loyal to him probably longer than he should have.

Looking through the top offenses, here's a list of the guys we could pull...

2 Bowling Green-
Mike Lynch Co-Offensive Coordinator (Offensive Line/Running Backs)
Sean Lewis Co-Offensive Coordinator (Quarterbacks)

8 Southern Mississippi-
Chip Lindsey - Offensive Coordinator / Quarterbacks Coach

10 Western Kentucky-
Tyson Helton - Offensive Coordinator

13 Tulsa-
Matt Mattox Co-Offensive Coordinator & Offensive Line Coach
Sterlin Gilbert Co-Offensive Coordinator, Wide Receivers and Quarterbacks Coach

Tedford would be older and more experienced as a HC than TC, who might not be comfortable with that.

Top Bottom