New Helmet this season!

the Gophers' colors are Maroon and Gold.

the football team should wear Maroon and Gold.

(I know it's never going to happen, but I still have a place in my heart for the 'metallic' gold uniforms.)

My guess would be we use these against Michigan.

the Gophers' colors are Maroon and Gold.

the football team should wear Maroon and Gold.

(I know it's never going to happen, but I still have a place in my heart for the 'metallic' gold uniforms.)
100 % agree with your first statement but 100% disagree with the 2nd part. Those Wacker era jerseys and helmets were hideous.

Ugh I hope not, I'm taking a friend of mine who likes Michigan to the Michigan game.
When we played Michigan on Halloween night in 2015, my buddies and I were playing football in the grass of the tailgating lot, and I was running full tilt, looking up/back to catch a deep pass and BAM run straight into what seemed like a brick wall. I black out for a second, and come to on the ground nose bleeding profusely. I had been drinking heavily, thus the blood was not clotting very well. It was running like a sieve so bad it was draining down my throat and I was coughing it out at the same time it was coming out of my nose. I sit up, and see this massive dude in a bear costume walking away.

It turns out (told to me from my friends that saw the whole thing), that this Michigan fan (dude in bear costume was wearing a MI hat) saw me running, walked from the sideline into my path, stood there waiting for me and arm barred me when I plowed into him. He stood over me for a while and then slowly walked away. Michigan fans blow.

When we played Michigan on Halloween night in 2015, my buddies and I were playing football in the grass of the tailgating lot, and I was running full tilt, looking up/back to catch a deep pass and BAM run straight into what seemed like a brick wall. I black out for a second, and come to on the ground nose bleeding profusely. I had been drinking heavily, thus the blood was not clotting very well. It was running like a sieve so bad it was draining down my throat and I was coughing it out at the same time it was coming out of my nose. I sit up, and see this massive dude in a bear costume walking away.

It turns out (told to me from my friends that saw the whole thing), that this Michigan fan (dude in bear costume was wearing a MI hat) saw me running, walked from the sideline into my path, stood there waiting for me and arm barred me when I plowed into him. He stood over me for a while and then slowly walked away. Michigan fans blow.
I'm sorry that happened to you but that was an awesome story.

I think it looks decent, but by my count this is now the third straight year of a black-based alternate. Just feels like it’s been overplayed at this point.

Do we have a white helment with yellow lettering?

Yes, Michigan fans blow. And I am sure that hurt like hell, even if you were fully tuned up. But I would pay to see a recording of that.

Like it. This is completely geared toward the players who I imagine love it. If they have Nike crank out some Black & Maroon gear I'm sure it outsells the Gold 10 to 1.

I am glad the hockey team doesn't mess with the colors basically ever, especially of the signature helmet color. Suppose that's part of being a "helmet school" in hockey.

That sucks. Feel for ya my man. But like already said, would have been something to see. Just have to return the favor now. Find some little stuck up shit michigan kid and let Goldy work his magic.

We’ll, we’ve done black and gold. I suppose we might as well try red and white next.
I f***ing hate the off brand colors. Don’t give me the “if the players like them” BS. Stick to your brand. At least Oregon (who started the ADHD “can’t wear the same uni combo twice in a season” crap) still has the sense to use their own colors when cooking up some crazy uni designs.
Bring on some blue. Maybe orange. Just when we start improving as a program, we make it hard for fans to know who we are just by looking at the team.
That is all.

All this changing in uniforms styles, colors, etc, every game..... ugh.

How long until we start changing mascots every game?

What does that have to do with Gopher uniforms and how they have changed during Fleck’s tenure?

The university hasn’t reduced/eliminated its main color, the football team has done so on its uniform kits. Gold pants are still available, but gold numbers were eliminated 5 years ago and gold helmets were lost last year.

And this isn’t just another old guy complaining about change. I do enjoy the varied helmets, have no problem with black uniforms, etc. I just think the uniforms under Kill were much better and I have found it curious that gold has been reduced considerably on the uniforms. The guys on the “Eyes on B1G” podcast were just talking about the same thing this week.

You say they are de-emphasizing Gold. They have dedicated a whole game to the fans wearing Gold. If you can't figure out how that is relevant then I don't know what to tell you.

You can think the Kill uniforms were better, but that does not prove the school is somehow getting rid of Gold.

(BTW I dont really care for the helmet)

You say they are de-emphasizing Gold. They have dedicated a whole game to the fans wearing Gold. If you can't figure out how that is relevant then I don't know what to tell you.

You can think the Kill uniforms were better, but that does not prove the school is somehow getting rid of Gold.

(BTW I dont really care for the helmet)
Well I know exactly what to tell you. You are not a very good reader.

This entire time, I have been referring to uniform choices for the football team only. NOT the university. I’ve NEVER insinuated the “school” is getting rid of gold.

I have suggested the TEAM is getting rid of gold on their uniforms, as exhibited by the earlier change from gold numbers to white, and the later elimination of gold helmets.

The football team’s elimination of gold on their uniforms has nothing to do with a gold out, or how much gold appears on the uniforms of other Gopher athletic teams, or the fact you can still buy gold apparel at Goldy’s Locker Room.

Get it? My lord. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom