New Hampshire: Pregame Thread

And turnovers.

I could see both sides of the argument, but we won, and this is a program that should take all the wins we can get. There's no reason for anyone to feel bad after a win, but that type of performance won't get it done in the Big Ten.

Not sure I buy that this is an improved performance from last year, however. Guess it depends on
which game you pick.

WINNER!!!!
I agree 1000 percent. The gophers played a horrible game against an even more horrible team. If UNLV were merely a bad team the Gophers would have lost.

However; 6 more wins and nobody will remember this game as we get ready to travel to a bowl game. I will take bad play in a win (UNLV 2012) versus good play and a lost (USC 2011) any day of the week.

I'm not going to expect us to destroy anyone until we actually do. Seriously when's the last time we killed anyone?? I don't care if UNLV is better than UNH or not, we've played down to the opponent so many times.

CBS Preview: New Hampshire Wildcats at Minnesota Golden Gophers

The game comes down to: Can Minnesota cross the goal line? The Gophers scored 13 points in regulation against UNLV and struggled to move the ball. If the offense can notch a few touchdowns early it could break the Wildcats and lead to a blowout.

Prediction: Minnesota 31, New Hampshire 17

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ampshire-wildcats-at-minnesota-golden-gophers

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher do you ever sleep? Think you need the Edward R Murrow Award or new moniker under your name for the work you do. Thanks.

CBS Preview: New Hampshire Wildcats at Minnesota Golden Gophers

The game comes down to: Can Minnesota cross the goal line? The Gophers scored 13 points in regulation against UNLV and struggled to move the ball. If the offense can notch a few touchdowns early it could break the Wildcats and lead to a blowout.

Prediction: Minnesota 31, New Hampshire 17

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ampshire-wildcats-at-minnesota-golden-gophers

Go Gophers!!

No we didn't. We had 400 yards of offense through 4 quarters.

Predictions: Week 2

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/57486/predictions-big-ten-week-2

NEW HAMPSHIRE at MINNESOTA

Brian Bennett: No repeat of last year's North Dakota State debacle for the Gophers, who improve to 2-0 behind a strong running game, led by Donnell Kirkwood. ... Minnesota 31, New Hampshire 20

Adam Rittenberg: The Gophers can't afford to take any team lightly and have dropped their past two games against FCS teams (North Dakota State and South Dakota). Still, I liked what I saw from Minnesota's defensive front in the opener. The Gophers get enough from Ra'Shede Hageman & Co., and MarQueis Gray rebounds with three touchdowns (2 pass, 1 rush) as the team survives against New Hampshire. ... Minnesota 26, New Hampshire 20

Rittenberg predicting 26 pts with 3 touchdowns? That's awfully bold. He's either predicting a safety or missed PAT.

Could be 20-20 going into OT, U defense holds NH in the first overtime, U offense scores TD, no XP attempted, game over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n65Bif8tL3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Not Underestimating UNH

I think this is my first post in about a year.

Anyway, just a note: New Hampshire beat Northwestern by 17 points in Evanston in 2006, Fitzgerald's first year. That wasn't a great NU team by any stretch, reeling in the wake of Randy Walker's death just a couple of months prior, but the Wildcats did hold #2 Michigan to 17 points in the Big House and beat Iowa by 14 in Kinnick that same year. As others have pointed out, we're not in a position to take anything for granted, and I'll be happy just to come out of this game 2-0. If it's a big win, all the better.

-Joe

Or it could be 20-20, with the Gophers scoring a TD as time expires. As I understand it, in college, if the extra point isn't needed, it isn't attempted.

2 TD's 4 FG's = 26 (without going for two).
[edit]
Oops...just read it and he's calling for Q to score 3 TD's (1 rushing).

So, I'm voting for a missed extra point in his guess.

We were extremely close to getting a blocked punt and XP in the UNLV game. I think we get one this Sat.

Top Bottom