New Football Schedule.

Not a big difference. Breaks up the home/road bias some and moves Iowa to a more traditional spot on the schedule. Last couple weeks could be some high drama!

Nebraska ends the year with MN, Mich, WI, IA
Wisconsin ends at Iowa, at Nebraska, vs MN
Iowa ends Pur, WI, MN, NE
MN ends NE, NW, IA, WI

Last edited:

Just realized the the Fighting Jerry Kill's travel to MN, WI, and Missouri this year.

Love the changes but that's basically a full new schedule for conference wonder just how many needed to change

I like this one better.

4 out of the last 5 on the road would have been a drag (only 1 game after Oct 15). It does leave the heart of October, usually my favorite football weather, with a 3 week gap but no biggie.

Also I think it the Iowa game would have been a strong candidate for prime time in September, but now highly unlikely.

Nebraska ends the year with MN, Mich, WI, IA
Wisconsin ends at Iowa, at Nebraska, vs MN
Iowa ends Pur, WI, MN, NE
MN ends NE, NW, IA, WI
Purdue ends with IA, IL, NU,
Northwestern ends with OSU, MN, PU, IL
Illinois ends with MSU, PU, MI, NU

What I am saying , cheer for Purdue to lose to Penn state and Maryland

in what time frame? One year? 5? 10?
5 seems fair. You lose 10 straight and that game becomes fairly meaningless in my eyes. The gophers lost 17? straight to wisco and I think a lot of the luster went away. It’s come back lately. Better crowds at the bank prove it

5 seems fair. You lose 10 straight and that game becomes fairly meaningless in my eyes. The gophers lost 17? straight to wisco and I think a lot of the luster went away. It’s come back lately. Better crowds at the bank prove it
So you think the Ohio state Michigan had lost its luster until this year?

im not sure I agree with you.
a rival is anyone you think is a rival.

Maybe it’s not reciprocal but that’s another question. When Colorado started to call Nebraska a rival but Nebraska didn’t think so…that didn’t diminish the game for Colorado

Three fairly easy non-conf home games to start, ramping up to Colorado which I would not expect to be that much more difficult than last year.

Then two potentially tough games, I feel like Purdue could be building up steam (ha, get it??)

BYE

Then two more potentially tough games, both on the road. Illinois under Bert I feel like will quickly get up to a Purdue type of level, and Penn St is not going to stay down.

Then three potentially "easier" games, though you never know. How quickly and how high will Schiano get Rutgers going, will Neb start doing better, will NW have a QB?

Finish with home for Pig, and at the Axe.

Interesting schedule! Every year is a new story, and it never quite turns out how you think it will.

So you think the Ohio state Michigan had lost its luster until this year?

im not sure I agree with you.
a rival is anyone you think is a rival.

Maybe it’s not reciprocal but that’s another question. When Colorado started to call Nebraska a rival but Nebraska didn’t think so…that didn’t diminish the game for Colorado

Totally agree. I was a student at Colorado when we were in the middle of 10+ losses to them. Without fail, each of those visits Big Red made to Boulder was the biggest game of the year - by far. The atmosphere was ridiculous. And when we finally beat them again in 2001, it was so sweet. Still one of the best sporting experiences I've had in person.

I just grew to hate Wisconsin more during their 14-game winning streak. That won't change for the rest of my life and it only made the bitterness of the rivalry stronger.

When we beat Iowa this year, it will be the same.

I don’t like the move of the Iowa game. Other than that, looks fine. Liked Iowa where it was because of tv possibilities and the chicken hawks usually seem to get better as the season plugs along.
They didn't improve this year, they just won the games they needed to. They were 4-4 in last 8 games and 4 wins were by average of 6 pts. Their losses were by average of 20.
If not for Penn State QB getting hurt Iowa has a completely different season.

I know that every team and season can be picked apart like this.

Top Bottom