Nelson's Development

Wolf, glad to see you came up with a classification of "very ordinary". :)

Oh, Lord, can we please stop arguing about Adam Weber?

Adam Weber will not be quarterbacking the Gophers in 2013. Neither will Ricky Foggie, Marquel Fleetwood or Asad Abdul-Kaliq.

Right now, Philip Nelson is the leader in the clubhouse. My big question is this: if Nelson struggles, will Kill put Leidner or Streveler in the game, or leave Nelson out there?

I may be in the minority, but I've always felt that, if the starting QB is having a bad day, get him the heck out of there and let someone else have a crack at it. That's what bugged me (and a lot of others) about Brewster. If Weber was having a bad day, he never got pulled. I will always wonder what might have happened if Gray had been given more playing time at QB earlier in his career. Loyalty is find - but blind loyalty as a coach can get you in trouble.

I'm excited about all the current Gopher QB's on the roster. We have enough competition to force whoever is the guy to not rest and constantly improve. Excited about the freshman from IL, but right I have to think this Nelson's job going into spring. All in all I am excited to SUPPORT ALL of our players this fall. Aug 29 can't come fast enough!!!

Top Bottom