Needs to be said

huntster17

Reaction score
The actual attendance yesterday was pathetic. 48 plus tickets sold. Perhaps 35 or so in the stands. Ridiculous and embarrassing. Either don’t buy a ticket and stay home or go the game. Less voices to scream on third down or cheer a great play. Come on gopher fans. .

That is disappointing. A ranked Gopher team playing a fair weather Big Ten game on homecoming should be a sellout and almost all tickets used.

From the sunny side most games look like there's a lot of empty seats on the shady side. Yesterday was no different.

That offered, we sit at the price boundary in sunny 211...where the upper end of the more costly seats in both 211 and 212 were very sparse. That is common the past couple of seasons too.

Since we think about what's the right price point for everywhere at TCF, at least for season tix the demand is not there at present to fill those upper tier cost seats at that price. I'll add before Norwood's pricing change debacle those seats were basically filled...more data to consider.

Saturdays in the fall are incredibly busy. Weddings, to name one thing. Stuff comes up. Seems like a good idea to go to the game, you commit and buy the ticket, then gameday shows up and you decide it's better not to go.

11am is tough(er). You definitely have to want to be there.

Saturdays in the fall are incredibly busy. Weddings, to name one thing. Stuff comes up. Seems like a good idea to go to the game, you commit and buy the ticket, then gameday shows up and you decide it's better not to go.

What? 11am is tough? lol

You'd imagine most no shows are STH. If you go out of your way to buy a single ticket, you're probably going to go.

Dude, you're taking the view of a hardcore fan. 11am is easy, in that case.

We have our hardcore fans, now. Filling the stadium is a matter of getting the casual fans out. Sorry, but that is what it is ...

Also, it's really easy to wake up that morning and say "ughh ... feeling tired, don't think I'm gonna make it" when you didn't pay your own money for the tickets.

"Hey we're gonna be out of town this weekend at a wedding, do you want our tickets to the Gopher Purdue game??" "Sure!!! Thanks!"

The loudest the crowd sounded on tv was the booing when we took a timeout outside of the 2 minute drill.

The actual attendance yesterday was pathetic. 48 plus tickets sold. Perhaps 35 or so in the stands. Ridiculous and embarrassing. Either don’t buy a ticket and stay home or go the game. Less voices to scream on third down or cheer a great play. Come on gopher fans. .
Wtf are you talking about? 35K?

20221001_172935.jpg

There’s a weird “bitch about the crown “ meme that is completely disconnected from the games.

It is weird…
I don't get it either. Lots of things to complain about yesterday but the crowd was NOT one of them. Everyone was loud and engaged the entire game. It was one of the more engaged crowds I can remember.

Wtf are you talking about? 35K?

View attachment 20920
There you go.

It wasn't chalk full, like the PSU game, but I bet over 40k showed up to the game at some point. They may not have been in their seats all at exactly the same time.

The lines some people are willing to stand in to get some chicken fingers .... I just don't get it.

Not sure what OP is talking about either. It took a while to fill up but the sunny side upper deck was packed except for my 201 section. Anyone else have seats in 201 or 203? Man the speakers that got upgraded on the sides of the big screen are crazy loud now. We moved over to the North East corner close to the student section which is a great spot.

There were more than 45,000 people at the game. A lot of late arriver's due to long lines to get in. The concourses were packed with long lines. Your estimate of 35,000 way short of reality. Crowd was flat all game because offense could not sustain any drives. You can praise Morgan all you want but for a sixth year guy still telegraphs way to many throws and stares down routes which causes knock downs and late throws. Tired of people always blaming the receivers. Bottom line you should expect a heck of a lot more out of a sixth year quarterback and he needs to play better. He had dancing feet and was nervous throwing off his back foot all game. Even when he had time to just about three seconds, he didn't do a good job of setting feet and following through on throws. Morgan had and has done a lot of great things for the Gophers, but he needs to be better than he played yesterday for this team to elevate and win the West. A lot of ducks and wobbly behind throws yesterday. You lose as team, but we got sub par Tanner yesterday, and poor running play calls. They were playing linebackers tight and blitzing all game, should have been able to exploit this. That second to last drive down 13 to 10 absolutely hated play calls and quick 3 and out. Offense has to sustain that drive and give defense a breather.

Seriously??

From the sunny side most games look like there's a lot of empty seats on the shady side. Yesterday was no different.

That offered, we sit at the price boundary in sunny 211...where the upper end of the more costly seats in both 211 and 212 were very sparse. That is common the past couple of seasons too.

Since we think about what's the right price point for everywhere at TCF, at least for season tix the demand is not there at present to fill those upper tier cost seats at that price. I'll add before Norwood's pricing change debacle those seats were basically filled...more data to consider.not buying the cost argument for yesterday. Almost 49,000 sold and a good 8,000 paid and didn't bother to attend.

Since we think about what's the right price point for everywhere at TCF, at least for season tix the demand is not there at present to fill those upper tier cost seats at that price. I'll add before Norwood's pricing change debacle those seats were basically filled...more data to consider.
Not buying the cost argument for yesterday. Almost 49,000 sold and a good 8,000 paid and didn't bother to attend.

Not sure what OP is talking about either. It took a while to fill up but the sunny side upper deck was packed except for my 201 section. Anyone else have seats in 201 or 203? Man the speakers that got upgraded on the sides of the big screen are crazy loud now. We moved over to the North East corner close to the student section which is a great spot.
I'd guess maybe 40K actually attended.

Seemed pretty full to me. I have gopher pass and like to float a lot but we didn't because options were limited. And I would have loved to move because there were 2 guys behind me yammering all game long with the worst takes ever.

Top Bottom