Need your help - Mark Cuban trying to come to the rescue - AXS - Need local comcast #

gophergv

Reaction score
I emailed Mark Cuban and he or his people got back to me(see below). He offered to give it to Comcast for free. Does anyone have any idea how to reach the local Comcast office. I am in Plymouth.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark Cuban
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:28 PM
To: Danny ; Bill Palidino [email protected]; Kim Francis [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Duke vs. Minnesota Basketball on AXS TV

no internet streaming, but call your local comcast and have them get in touch. we will make it available free to your local comcast office

they just need to take the feed

m
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Danny > wrote:
Mark:

There is quite a frenzy going on in Minneapolis as the Minnesota vs. Duke game at battle of Atlantis will be televised on AXS. I have Comcast and AXS is not available to me. It sounds like some Minnesota Xfinity places get AXS and others don’t. I’m willing to pay whatever to watch the game. Does AXS have an internet streaming option. Also let me know who to contact at Xfinity to request they add AXS for our area.

Regards,

Danny

In SW Minneapolis it's channel 420. That's the HD channel, not sure of the digital channel off the top of my head.

The problem isn't comcast not carrying it, they do. The problem is people not buying the tier that it is on. You get what you pay for.

That is not the problem. I pay for the full boat. Comcast Brooklyn Park does not get AXS no matter what. Channel 420 is Music. Cmcast Burnsville does receive it. I need a local contact # for comcast.

It's not and option in Eden Prairie regardless.

"In SW Minneapolis it's channel 420. "

You would like that, wouldn't you Focker?

So there are a few great ways to find phone numbers. First, try a phone book. Don't have one you say? Second, check your Comcast bill for the local #. Don't have that either? Try this new site called www.google.com and search for the local office #.

Look, I did it for you.
Minnetonka
(800) 266-2278

Brooklyn Park
(877) 558-6885

Minnetonka
(651) 222-3333

Honestly, it took me 11 seconds and it doesn't help me at all. Before freaking out about not having the number I would appreciate if you AT LEAST tried to find it.

Keep us updated, OP. I am in Plymouth as well and am in your boat. If you come through I will be forever in your debt.

My local number is, and availiable 24/7... 800/666/7475 check this out.

I imagine they close in about an hour and a half. If you can pull this off in that time you are a miracle worker.

No cable company is going to pick up a channel over a college basketball game being played on Thanksgiving Day, even if it's Duke. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

I can't believe how stupid khoffman43 is. I was able to get ahold of Mark Cuban you idiot and you think I don't know how to search a number. Thanks for those that understand. Comcast has set up a wall so all the easy to find phone numbers you suggest lead to the same general number. I have spoken to multiple people at Comcast and they were of no help. Sorry guys but I can't seem to crack the code at Comcast. As a back-up if you look at my post on the other AXS thread you will see that you can watch the game through a free directv app on your ipad. You will need a friends email/password. Happy Turkey to all you non idiots, that excludes you khoffman43

Thanks for trying man, I know a good friend who has directv so I'll bribe him with money to change his password for the day to let me watch it on my iPad.

Do you have a step by step to get it working? I can't seem to crack this app.

wow - when I look online xfinity now shows 897 as AXS and has the Gophs game listed.

Where online are you checking?

P.S. I can confirm that the DirecTV app works on both iPhone and iPad. I'm currently streaming live AXS HD. Just our luck that AXS is one of the 4 channels we can stream out of home. Thank you DirecTV! Forget you comcast

Where online are you checking?

P.S. I can confirm that the DirecTV app works on both iPhone and iPad. I'm currently streaming live AXS HD. Just our luck that AXS is one of the 4 channels we can stream out of home. Thank you DirecTV! Forget you comcast

Any luck with DirecTV Everywhere online? It lists several networks, but no AXS. No Ipad or Iphone here.

Any luck with DirecTV Everywhere online? It lists several networks, but no AXS. No Ipad or Iphone here.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason. DirecTV does not support out of home live TV on computer. Only iOS devices. Strange, but that's all they have for now. They support 4 no name networks to stream anywhere and everywhere on iOS devices. It's a miracle that AXS is one of them.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason. DirecTV does not support out of home live TV on computer. Only iOS devices. Strange, but that's all they have for now. They support 4 no name networks to stream anywhere and everywhere on iOS devices. It's a miracle that AXS is one of them.

There is a droid app that's supposed to work the same as the Iphone app, but no AXS or HDnet that i can see, just a bunch of other networks. It may be the package that is subscribed to. Either way, not really thrilled to watch on my phone anyway. Hopefully there will be a link on front row.

Lol. Outstanding. As usual, I was wrong. Audio only.

Great news flurry - AXS in on in Plymouth - 875/268

Great news aflurry(see email below). Mark Cuban's people came through. On the guide 268/875 says NFL but it is currently showing AXS.

Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:49 PM
To: Mark Cuban
Cc: Danny; Bill Padalino; [email protected]

Danny,

I wanted to let you know that we have coordinated with Xfinity in St. Paul to carry the Minnesota vs Duke Game tomorrow!

AXS TV will be available tomorrow a.m. on Xfinity Channel #268 and Channel #875 through the end of Game 1.

Please let me know if you do not see the network on after 8:00 AM ET tomorrow & I will get in touch with Xfinity ASAP.

I will also follow up with you to provide a regional and local contact for you by Monday so you can request AXS TV permanently in your area.

Please share with your friends and we appreciate your support of AXS TV...Go Gophers!!

Good nite and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

On 11/21/2012 12:27 PM, Mark Cuban wrote:
no internet streaming, but call your local comcast and have them get in touch. we will make it available free to your local comcast office

m

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Danny wrote:
Mark:

There is quite a frenzy going on in Minneapolis as the Minnesota vs. Duke game at battle of Atlantis will be televised on AXS. I have Comcast and AXS is not available to me. It sounds like some Minnesota Xfinity places get AXS and others don’t. I’m willing to pay whatever to watch the game. Does AXS have an internet streaming option. Also let me know who to contact at Xfinity to request they add AXS for our area.

Regards,

Danny

Great news aflurry(see email below). Mark Cuban's people came through. On the guide 268/875 says NFL but it is currently showing AXS.

Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:49 PM
To: Mark Cuban
Cc: Danny; Bill Padalino; [email protected]

Danny,

I wanted to let you know that we have coordinated with Xfinity in St. Paul to carry the Minnesota vs Duke Game tomorrow!

AXS TV will be available tomorrow a.m. on Xfinity Channel #268 and Channel #875 through the end of Game 1.

Please let me know if you do not see the network on after 8:00 AM ET tomorrow & I will get in touch with Xfinity ASAP.

I will also follow up with you to provide a regional and local contact for you by Monday so you can request AXS TV permanently in your area.

Please share with your friends and we appreciate your support of AXS TV...Go Gophers!!

Good nite and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

On 11/21/2012 12:27 PM, Mark Cuban wrote:

m

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Danny wrote:
Mark:

Regards,

Danny

Awesome. Just checked and there it is! Happy Thanksiving!

As a sign of appreciation to AXS for reaching out to Comcast and adding it please tweet Comcast to add AXS permanently.

I was wrong, comcast in EP has had the channel, 420, for the last month or so at least. Good to go here. Ski-U-Mah!

Top Bottom