Nebraska Stuff

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Went over to the Husker Board to see how folks were reacting to Frost being trolled by Burrows and ESPN. Caught a post about Thomas Fidone, 4* TE whom Nebraska fans consider a lock to commit, working out with Noah Fant. The t-shirt Fidone was wearing (a Fleck shirt) is giving Nebbie fans fits. The Gophs aren’t in Fidone’s top 6(!), but we weren’t in Dickerson’s final three, either. Why do I like to see Nebbie fans squirm? I don’t feel that way about Iowa or Wisconsin. Help me, doctor.

Last edited:

I don’t think we are in the picture for Fidone, but Nebraska fans are feeling squeamish... read the comments.

A guy from the 1970 neb team gave my family some memorabilia. They do have great fans

Flecks gonna keep on crutin. " In Fleck We Trust" Row Baby Row

I don’t think we are in the picture for Fidone, but Nebraska fans are feeling squeamish... read the comments.
hope we land him! Can't wait to read the comments

A guy from the 1970 neb team gave my family some memorabilia. They do have great fans
I find them to be arrogant. Yes some are great and there are a ton of them and they had some great teams. Anyone who offered me any Nebraska memorabilia; even as an 11 year old kid in 1973, would not like the look on my face.

Why would you play for Nebby when you can get in that ship with Gopher Nation We need you to be our brother and be part of our Team. Love you man

This made me laugh

"Fidone has already admitted that the Huskers is he childhood favorite he grew up rooting for. Him wearing a Fleck shirt means nothing"

"But what if he's also wearing Fleck underwear? "

giphy.gif

Another Husker fan projecting he might be wearing Heather Fleck's undies........

I know of absolutely nothing suggesting that Fidone might be looking our way, and don't mean to imply that he might be. But the shirt is a good touch! Fidone is now the No. 1 TE in the 2021 class and can go anywhere. I don't believe he has expressed any open interest in Minnesota whatsoever. But he did tweet congratulations to Dickerson, when Dickerson chose the Gophs. Anyway, one commentator on the Nebraska/Fidone thread wondered if Fleck is "the devil." I feel so at peace.

I just don't seem to have the hate for Nebraskduh fans that I do for the BADgers and Iwoa fans, but it'll probably build. More than anything, I kinda feel sorry for them in that they're sliding into the abyss that used to be us. They've always kinda been nice in Lincoln, unlike Madison...

I just don't seem to have the hate for Nebraskduh fans that I do for the BADgers and Iwoa fans, but it'll probably build. More than anything, I kinda feel sorry for them in that they're sliding into the abyss that used to be us. They've always kinda been nice in Lincoln, unlike Madison...

I actually like Nebraska fans, though they can be unjustifiably condescending when comparing their program to ours. The Nebraska fans who travel seem more composed and sober than the fans from directly south and east. My feelings about Nebraska began when the media started hyping instant West Division domination for Nebraska the moment Frost was hired. So it’s not even Frost that bugs me. It’s how the media hopped on the Frost bandwagon so quickly. Now, as Nebraska wobbles, it’s become a schadenfreude thing for me.

Last edited:

Nebraska fans are great and I love talking with them. Last year when traveling Husker fans came out of the woodwork to congratulate me when I was wearing a gopher's hat or something.

I even saw some Nebraska fans were at the Outback bowl cheering on the Gophers.

Good people.

But I'm going to have my cake and eat it too and note that there is a sort of "Oh woe is us, we deserve / are better than this!!!" kinda thing in their media (Google thinks I'm a Husker's fan so they inundate me with Husker news / opinion pieces) that comes off as a sort of inadvertently snooty implication about everyone else.

Last edited:

I think there is an age thing with Nebraska.
if you weren’t in college until the 2000s you’re a lot less likely to find Nebraska annoying as a program.

I think of Nebraska similarly to the way I think of Miami into program quality.
But I think they’re like a classy Miami.

Nebraska fans are going to be like the Gophers old timer fans reminiscing of the 1960's glory days unless Scott Frost turns the program around.

With PJ Fleck as head coach, the Gophers are reshaping the balance of power in the Big Ten West Conference.

Nebraska and other B1G West teams are going to wake up to a new post pandemic reality. It is Minnesota Strong.

Many NE fans have a high football IQ. Similar to MN hockey fans. It’s insane to hear some of them describe some play from 1994 and they include each player’s name and number.

I remember listing to the 1983 Goph -Neb game when I was 11 with my Dad. (We lived out in the country and could get maybe 1 Gopher game on the TV every year). We are huge Gopher fans but we had to stop listening to it several times because it was so demoralizing. I remember them scoring like 70 pts. I went back and checked and the final was 84 - 13. The Huskers had 595 yds rushing. I think they have great fans, some of them a little too arrogant concerning our program. But if you were around for the 1980's Gopher teams it's a little more understandable. It's a great fun time for our program right now, because I expect the Gophers to beat Nebraska when we play them. That was just a die hard Gopher fan dream when I was a kid. To have some perspective of what that season was like, the Gophers finished 1-10 losing to Wisconsin 56-17 and Iowa 61-10. There are some die hard Gopher fans in this state who like me listened, watched and went to a lot of really bad games and seasons. I am so jacked whats happening to the program right now so let's enjoy this ride and kick the crap out of Becky and the team to our south.

Q: Why do all the trees in Minnesota lean South?
A: Iowa Sucks

I remembered that 84-13 drubbing. That was very painful and full of rotten feelings. The only good thing was that the sea of buses bringing Husker fans clad in red put money into the local economy. They plunked down a lot of money at Dayton's, hotels, and restaurants.

We don't want to beat them too bad. We still want their generous contributions.

I actually like Nebraska fans, though they can be unjustifiably condescending when comparing their program to ours. The Nebraska fans who travel seem more composed and sober than the fans from directly south and east. My feelings about Nebraska began when the media started hyping instant West Division domination for Nebraska the moment Frost was hired. So it’s not even Frost that bugs me. It’s how the media hoped on the Frost bandwagon so quickly. Now, as Nebraska wobbles, it’s become a schadenfreude thing for me.

Frost's bit on ripping guys in hoodies while wearing a hoodie was gold though.

Many NE fans have a high football IQ. Similar to MN hockey fans. It’s insane to hear some of them describe some play from 1994 and they include each player’s name and number.

I think Nebraska fans in general are good people, I just feel like many are still hanging onto the idea that Nebraska is still the powerhouse that it used to be as opposed to where they actually seem to fit in the grand scheme of things these days.

I remember listing to the 1983 Goph -Neb game when I was 11 with my Dad. (We lived out in the country and could get maybe 1 Gopher game on the TV every year). We are huge Gopher fans but we had to stop listening to it several times because it was so demoralizing. I remember them scoring like 70 pts. I went back and checked and the final was 84 - 13. The Huskers had 595 yds rushing. I think they have great fans, some of them a little too arrogant concerning our program. But if you were around for the 1980's Gopher teams it's a little more understandable. It's a great fun time for our program right now, because I expect the Gophers to beat Nebraska when we play them. That was just a die hard Gopher fan dream when I was a kid. To have some perspective of what that season was like, the Gophers finished 1-10 losing to Wisconsin 56-17 and Iowa 61-10. There are some die hard Gopher fans in this state who like me listened, watched and went to a lot of really bad games and seasons. I am so jacked whats happening to the program right now so let's enjoy this ride and kick the crap out of Becky and the team to our south.

Q: Why do all the trees in Minnesota lean South?
A: Iowa Sucks
And Canada blows. Another contributing factor.

I still can’t believe that Frost passed on Burrows. If I was a Nebbie fan I would be concerned about my coach’s ability to evaluate talent. Especially when the talent he’s recruiting is getting the job done. This will be a huge year for Frost. It’s getting to do or die time.

I still can’t believe that Frost passed on Burrows. If I was a Nebbie fan I would be concerned about my coach’s ability to evaluate talent. Especially when the talent he’s recruiting is getting the job done. This will be a huge year for Frost. It’s getting to do or die time.
Evaluate talent.

Motivate players.

Lots of questions.

Maybe he just needs "his guys" like they say but I'd be concerned.

I was in college in the early 80's during some of the Huskers dominant years. I played high school football against Ken Graeber who was a true stud in MN HS football and went on to Nebraska and played well on the Husker teams that were ranked #1. I know the Huskers have been absolutely Blue Blood in the past but now they are far from Blue Blood status on the field yet Husker fans are at the same level of arrogance. Some of them think they invented college football and some look down their nose at the Big Ten and especially the West. Yes they are extremely proud of their team and very polite, especially in Lincoln, but probably only when they win (I was there 2 years ago) and when I see them at losses at TCF they have their head down and leave in the 3rd quarter, that is a fake fan, a poser if you will. We had a stander of a Husker fan 3 years ago in the row in front of us and he thought he and his buddy owned TCF so they stood until the Huskers started to fall apart. "This is how we watch Husker football" he stated when my friend asked if he could let him see the field (he is not Project Veritas). Many of them think that visiting Lincoln is a big deal and it is for sure but they need to back up this attitude among the fans with the product on the field if they want my respect back. Yes some have been humbled now and I do appreciate the humility they have recently adopted.

I was in college in the early 80's during some of the Huskers dominant years. I played high school football against Ken Graeber who was a true stud in MN HS football and went on to Nebraska and played well on the Husker teams that were ranked #1. I know the Huskers have been absolutely Blue Blood in the past but now they are far from Blue Blood status on the field yet Husker fans are at the same level of arrogance. Some of them think they invented college football and some look down their nose at the Big Ten and especially the West. Yes they are extremely proud of their team and very polite, especially in Lincoln, but probably only when they win (I was there 2 years ago) and when I see them at losses a TCF they have their head down and leave in the 3rd quarter, that is a fake fan, a poser if you will. We had a stander of a Husker fan 3 years ago in the row in front of us and he thought he and his buddy owned TCF so they stood until the Huskers started to fall apart. "This is how we watch Husker football" he stated when my friend asked if he could let him see the field (he is not Project Veritas). Many of them think that visiting Lincoln is a big deal and it is for sure but they need to back up this attitude among the fans with the product on the field if they want my respect back. Yes some have been humbled now and I do appreciate the humility they have recently adopted.
A bit of an extreme take in my opinion, at least in reference to this year. Their team was being absolutely routed in 3X degree sleet and rain. I don't think they have to be fake fans to leave in the 3rd quarter of such a debacle.

Top Bottom