Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez has entered the Transfer Portal

I'd start Martinez over Morgan in one second. So would Fleck. They won't do that to Morgan though.

Damn, the qb keeps and ability to move around. Just damn!

Super interesting as a B1G West story, but zero chance he lands at MN given that Morgan is coming back. Lots of B1G schools would love him though IMO, including Iowa and Wisconsin -- although I'm not sure his skillset fits their systems well. He's a California kid if I'm not mistaken, so I wonder which fairly successful PAC teams need a QB. UCLA? ASU?
Is Penn St a possible destination?

Maybe he wants to play closer to home (CA) or maybe he wants one shot with a really winning team somewhere.
If UCLA QB doesn’t come back (senior but not sure his eligibility status) he would be a great UCLA fit

Next big domino for Nebraska is if their center goes pro.

Seeing some Kansas State speculation

Curious who Nebraska gets as QB. Is there one on the roster or go looking in the TP

Curious who Nebraska gets as QB. Is there one on the roster or go looking in the TP
Well the backup just nearly beat Iowa. Not sure how many mistakes he made that may have led to the collapse, or how much he contributed to the early lead(s). But was good enough to nearly pull off the upset.

I'd start Martinez over Morgan in one second. So would Fleck. They won't do that to Morgan though.

Damn, the qb keeps and ability to move around. Just damn!
Martinez has had a couple surgeries, his throwing looks like it at times…

I would take him on the team. I’m not a big 2 QB guy but if you could give Morgan series if we are winning and martinez series if we are losing it would be a nice mix
Does Minnesota allow anyone other than Tanner Morgan to take snaps?

He was the most exciting QB in the West for four years.
He played through injuries, was THE running game for NE and most of his TOs occurred when he was tired or beat up.
His value to a new team will depend on what his shoulder injury is.
Shoulder surgery has a long rehab time line.

Because of COVID, I now just assume every player is like Brian Cardinal or Jess Settles and they will play for 8-10 years.

Fans of other teams have to have this same perception of Morgan, especially when he starts again next year. He looked like he was 40 three years go.

He's not going to transfer to a Big Ten team, any more than JDS was.

Martinez has had a couple surgeries, his throwing looks like it at times…
Which means he would be like Tanner only he can run. Nebraska moved the ball up and down the field this year and put up points.

Would not take. In four years his accuracy from within the pocket has not improved. Good on the move but if kept in the pocket he’s subpar.
Martinez Completes 64% of his passes for his career. Morgan completes 61%.

Morgan had the better offensive line and had Bateman and Johnson, which Martinez never had.

Martinez hands down in this offense. Won't happen, but if Morgan wasn't coming back, I'd be intrigued.

Martinez Completes 64% of his passes for his career. Morgan completes 61%.

Morgan had the better offensive line and had Bateman and Johnson, which Martinez never had.

Martinez hands down in this offense. Won't happen, but if Morgan wasn't coming back, I'd be intrigued.
I think Adrian Martinez is going to have a huge season next year wherever he goes. I think he's good at football.

Nebraska does a horrible job of putting their players in a position to succeed. You saw it in the Iowa game where they ran a play action deep route from their endzone with a FR QB (and Bryce Benhart protecting his blindside). You saw it at the end of the Wisconsin game where Nebraska calls 4 straight drop back passes to the end game. Did they think Martinez could put some presure on WI from outside the pocket? Nah. It had only been working all day.

My guess - - we play Martinez next year as he plays for Colorado (I think he goes to Colorado or ASU).

I think Adrian Martinez is going to have a huge season next year wherever he goes. I think he's good at football.

Nebraska does a horrible job of putting their players in a position to succeed. You saw it in the Iowa game where they ran a play action deep route from their endzone with a FR QB (and Bryce Benhart protecting his blindside). You saw it at the end of the Wisconsin game where Nebraska calls 4 straight drop back passes to the end game. Did they think Martinez could put some presure on WI from outside the pocket? Nah. It had only been working all day.

My guess - - we play Martinez next year as he plays for Colorado (I think he goes to Colorado or ASU).
Doesn’t ASU have a pretty good QB coming back?

Doesn’t ASU have a pretty good QB coming back?
Yeah, I guess he is coming back. There was speculation that Daniels was leaving but he announced today he is returning.

I saw the speculation in context of Rattler going to ASU.

Yeah, I guess he is coming back. There was speculation that Daniels was leaving but he announced today he is returning.

I saw the speculation in context of Rattler going to ASU.
I feel like he is a perfect fit at UCLA if their senior is leaving

I feel like he is a perfect fit at UCLA if their senior is leaving
He probably should come out this year considering how bad the QB group is but that could be a landing spot for him.

I know they have a FR they really like but Martinez could certainly bridge that gap if they didn't think he was ready.

Top Bottom