Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez has entered the Transfer Portal

Martinez to MN has something HuskerNation has alluded to in the past.

I think the entire genesis of the rumor is that they thought Morgan was leaving and that Martinez would be good with the good coach like PJ.

But i'm down for some wild speculation.

I would take him on the team. I’m not a big 2 QB guy but if you could give Morgan series if we are winning and martinez series if we are losing it would be a nice mix

The annual “scramble off the sinking Nebraska ship” event is in full motion. Many Nebraska fans talked all season how “close” they were to turning the corner. Now they can usher in another batch of transfers but how many transfers with more than one year of eligibility are going to want to mess with the dead-coach-walking situation? It seems continually throwing your players under the bus during the open transfer era is bad for player retention.

I also wonder if this has something to do with Martinez’s “injury” that probably cost the Gophers the West title?

Scott Frost said, "You don't got to go home but you got to get on up outta here".

I don't know if I should be happy or not. On one hand, he was one of the most electric players in the conference. On the other, he seemed to make bad decisions at the worst times. He could singlehandedly win or lose a game by himself. I guess good riddance.

But now watch..... he'll end up at Iowa for a year.

I would take him on the team. I’m not a big 2 QB guy but if you could give Morgan series if we are winning and martinez series if we are losing it would be a nice mix
I mean, Martinez would be on heck of a change of pace QB to toss out there sometimes, it would certainly be interesting.

However, can't see him going somewhere where he would need to split time with another QB.

I don't know if I should be happy or not. On one hand, he was one of the most electric players in the conference. On the other, he seemed to make bad decisions at the worst times. He could singlehandedly win or lose a game by himself. I guess good riddance.

But now watch..... he'll end up at Iowa for a year.
True, but Smothers proved that Nebraska can Nebraska up a game regardless of who is at QB.

I mean, Martinez would be on heck of a change of pace QB to toss out there sometimes, it would certainly be interesting.

However, can't see him going somewhere where he would need to split time with another QB.
I agree.
I honestly think if Morgan was moving on he might consider here…but no way

I also would rather have Morgan than him for what we do. The guy turns the ball over. Does some great things but turns the ball over. Doesn’t fit well with tressel ball

Super interesting as a B1G West story, but zero chance he lands at MN given that Morgan is coming back. Lots of B1G schools would love him though IMO, including Iowa and Wisconsin -- although I'm not sure his skillset fits their systems well. He's a California kid if I'm not mistaken, so I wonder which fairly successful PAC teams need a QB. UCLA? ASU?

Because of COVID, I now just assume every player is like Brian Cardinal or Jess Settles and they will play for 8-10 years.
Evan Eschmeyer

Twitter speculates 2 years to play 1 and may need shoulder surgery.

do i think martinez can complete a simple rpo read, yes. Can he run? yes. I would take him for next year

Top Bottom