Nebraska opens as 10 point favorites over Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Bruntz:

Fresh off its second win of the season, Nebraska will enter its final regular season game of the 2020 season as a big favorite over Minnesota to open the week.

Oddsmakers weighed in on the 11 a.m. matchup with Nebraska and Minnesota on Sunday afternoon, opening the Huskers as 10-point favorites over the Golden Gophers.

Nebraska will enter Saturday’s game against the Golden Gophers looking to build on the momentum of last week’s 37-27 win on the road over Purdue. In that game, the Huskers ran out to an early lead and held on for their second win of the season.

Go Gophers!!

They must know some of the players who will be out for Minnesota. Even without Bateman 10 points is a lot.

Nebraska has looked okay against everyone except Illinois lately. Minnesota is not going to have much practice lately. Best case scenario Minnesota is finally having decent practices this week.

I wouldn’t bet either way on this game. I could see either team blowing out the other. I could see it being a close game either way. A lot of unknowns and two inconsistent teams.

We haven't played in three weeks by the time this game is played. I don't think the line is out of the question. Rough season for us but its an anomaly.

We haven't played in three weeks by the time this game is played. I don't think the line is out of the question. Rough season for us but its an anomaly.
Struggling defense starts to show a bit of life...sits 3 weeks.
Offense loses best player. Sits 3 weeks.

Honestly I think the gophers either come out effective and look the best they’ve looked all year or they look like they did against Michigan minus bateman

Looks like it has moved to 8.5-9 range.

Since Fleck has arrived, the two home games vs Nebraska were blowout wins for the Gophers. The one trip to Lincoln was a blowout loss.

Nebraska has looked better this year outside of the Illinois game. The Gophers lose Bateman and haven't played for 3 weeks. I'm not surprised to see Nebraska as the favorite.

I have bad dreams of MSM and Rush chasing Martinez. Gophers will be rusty and probably shorthanded.

Three weeks disruption is often a disaster no matter when it occurs and it may not show up the first game back but the second or third.
NE is using Martinez as their ground and passing option.
If he gets dinged they are in trouble.
If not I do not see any MN DBs who can catch him.

You wonder if Nebraska is ever going to have a player or staff member test positive. Probably after the season.

The 2020 Gopher defense can give up 10 points in the time it takes to finish this sentence
But Ibrahim can score two more touchdowns in the time it takes to finish this one!

You wonder if Nebraska is ever going to have a player or staff member test positive. Probably after the season.

I'm going to guess they went the same route that LSU did and they all had it prior to the season.

Originally 6/30 Updated 11/25

"Nebraska has tested roughly 250 athletes and staff members since April, Frost said, and there have been eight positive tests, including five football players and one football staff member.

Of those six members of the football program, two players and one staff member showed up in Lincoln from other locales and tested positive. Three other Husker players acquired the virus in the community.

Because of Nebraska's stringent protocols and the overall health of his team, Frost said, "We're very sure, as sure as you can be, that those people didn't spread it in the community."

Last edited:

I was pretty surprised and impressed how Nebraska's defense looked against Purdue. Bell and Moore didn't get much separation and they put pressure on Plummer.
Did Martinez win the QB job back? He played most of the game and looked much better then earlier in the season.

We'll be missing a ton of players due to COVID. How many impact guys, who know? Burns said the offensive and defensive lines have been hit hard. I think the line is too low.

The rumor was they had a ton of it in July and early august.

if they don’t have as many susceptible anymore it would explain why they haven’t had as many issues

I was pretty surprised and impressed how Nebraska's defense looked against Purdue. Bell and Moore didn't get much separation and they put pressure on Plummer.
Did Martinez win the QB job back? He played most of the game and looked much better then earlier in the season.
Martinez is so much better than mccaffery

which is why he won the job initially.
When they benched him it was for poor performance, not because the other guy was better

But Ibrahim can score two more touchdowns in the time it takes to finish this one!
Actually, an Ibrahim TD usually happens after a long 6 minute drive.

I'm surprised there is even a betting line on the game without knowing how many Gopher players might miss the game.

if - for instance - it comes out on Thursday or Friday that several OL starters will miss the game (just as an example) - the betting line could take a big swing in a hurry, with all the money going on Nebraska to cover the spread.

hate to say it, but if the Gophers are missing a number of key players, I would bet the house on Nebraska covering. And if Frosty gets a chance to run up the score, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

I'm surprised there is even a betting line on the game without knowing how many Gopher players might miss the game.

if - for instance - it comes out on Thursday or Friday that several OL starters will miss the game (just as an example) - the betting line could take a big swing in a hurry, with all the money going on Nebraska to cover the spread.

hate to say it, but if the Gophers are missing a number of key players, I would bet the house on Nebraska covering. And if Frosty gets a chance to run up the score, he'll do it in a heartbeat.
There’s going to be a lot of guys out.
Gophers lose by 20

local media will bash last year as a fluke

people will want o coordinator gone

It is too easy to predict

With Nebby's recent win over Purdue, a Nebraska win could be enough to help secure Scott Frost as a long-term coach at Nebraska and in turn be a blessing in disguise as he continues to run that program at a slightly less than mediocre level.

Scott winning "just enough" for him to keep his job is probably the greatest thing for the rest of the Big Ten West.

Gophers are prepared for Nebraska and with a rested Mo, crush the Husker's soul.

Mo Ibrahim - Soul Crusher 3000.

It will be interesting to see who is/isn't available. We will likely see many new jersey numbers of the field so I have to make sure I have a current roster available.

What is rational behind the BIG 21 day covid jail guidelines? Especially if one is positive with no symptoms! Seems like its very, very conservative. Ten days for coaches and staff.

Last edited:

It will be interesting to see who is/isn't available. We will likely see many new jersey numbers of the field so I have to make sure I have a current roster available.

What is rational behind the BIG 21 day covid jail guidelines? Especially if one is positive with no symptoms! Seems like its very, very conservative. Ten days for coaches and staff.

You're complaining about something being too conservative?

2020 is indeed a strange year. :giggle:

The line seems high if the Gophers are mostly healthy and low if it's mostly backups on the line.

What was happening on defense before wasn't working so I'm not sure how much worse it could get. If the offensive line can't block it could get ugly quickly though.

10 days to get past the point where they are contagious and an extra 11 days to watch for cardiac symptoms that could cause problems when playing. The extra 11 days aren't necessary for the coaches because they stand on the sidelines.

Top Bottom