Nebraska fans convinced Minnesota will win Saturday

GameDay

Reaction score

Their team is currently favored by 10. I can understand Nebraska fans being in the dumps right now after that disaster yesterday, but it really only matters how the team responds and I think we'll face a great effort by Nebraska next Saturday.

Equivalent to this board after the IL loss.

Nebraska and OSU fans are day and night. Nebraska fans are gracious. OSU fans smug.

If you have time and can afford it, take a road trip to Lincoln. I consider it a bucket list item for the diehard college football fan. I went there two years ago and was pretty burned out prior to the game because I had attended every away game that season. As it turned and despite the loss, it was by far the best away game I ever attended including any bowls. Cornhusker fans were very welcoming, engaging as well as polite before, during and after the game. If their was any doubt about their sincerity, it was erased last year when we beat them soundly at TCF. The Nebraska faithful were very complimentary to us Gopher fans in our big win. They are far and away the best addition to the B1G in the last 25-years.

You will find some GH's who will bash Nebraska but ignore them. We should like Nebraska for no other reason that they too find the skunks obnoxious and also hate the hog-eyes ;-). The Cornhuskers have the friendliest fan base and for anyone going down this Saturday, have a great time! Although Nebraska is a friendly rival, always remember:

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

I wouldn't say the Husker fanbase is "convinced" the Gophers will win.

I think many are "hoping" the Gophers win to further their objective of getting rid of their coach.

By now, just about everyone is familiar with the long history between Minnesota and Nebraska in football. In the early 1900's, the game
was often referred to as the a game for the unofficial North-Central title, of sorts. Nebraska, I believe, had always wanted to be a part
of the Big Ten, and the two teams generally played great football games (although the series was one-sided in our favor).

Unlike our inbred neighbors to the east and our low-forehead neighbors to the south, the Minnesota-Nebraska series had been known
for its mutual respect for decades. This continued through the sixties, but by the seventies the series became a joke. Nebraska under
Devaney and Osborne had remained at a high level, while the U gutted the football program. The results became agonizingly predictable.

Bo is a nut and I would think if we beat the huskers there will be people calling for his head .

they will be cheering for us to beat them so they can get rid of that joker

Bo is a nut and I would think if we beat the huskers there will be people calling for his head .

they will be cheering for us to beat them so they can get rid of that joker

They already are calling for his head and there are several posters on the Husker sights saying if a Minnesota win is what it takes. Clearly that's the negative nancy crowd, and Wren would be disappointed in them. Let's just hope we get the first 2 or 3 questionable calls in the game to go our way. Bo will blow a gasket and the fun will ensue.

Nebraska fans are down on Pelini, but the team will be up for the Gophers and the odds are realistic. Looks like temps in the 40s, 50/50 chance of rain.

Nebraska will be looking for revenge from last season, I'd expect them to come out with a chip on their shoulder regardless of what happened in the Wiscy game...

Nebraska and OSU fans are day and night. Nebraska fans are gracious. OSU fans smug.

If you have time and can afford it, take a road trip to Lincoln. I consider it a bucket list item for the diehard college football fan. I went there two years ago and was pretty burned out prior to the game because I had attended every away game that season. As it turned and despite the loss, it was by far the best away game I ever attended including any bowls. Cornhusker fans were very welcoming, engaging as well as polite before, during and after the game. If their was any doubt about their sincerity, it was erased last year when we beat them soundly at TCF. The Nebraska faithful were very complimentary to us Gopher fans in our big win. They are far and away the best addition to the B1G in the last 25-years.

You will find some GH's who will bash Nebraska but ignore them. We should like Nebraska for no other reason that they too find the skunks obnoxious and also hate the hog-eyes ;-). The Cornhuskers have the friendliest fan base and for anyone going down this Saturday, have a great time! Although Nebraska is a friendly rival, always remember:

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!
Lived here for over 30 years now and most of what you say is true. I do disagree with you that they are still sincere after they get beat by someone. These last 10 years or so with the Big Red struggling to keep up to their standards, the fans have evolved a bit. Not quite so happy and gracious. They have a very hard time with losing.

I could be wrong but I'd say it's more likely they have given up on their season than them having a chip on their shoulder.

My Nebraska relative is at wits end as a fan. He has very low expectations for his team against us on Saturday.

My read is this. If we win the toss we'll defer to the second half to get the ball. If this transpires and they get a score, we'd better be like the Iowa game and match it convincingly. I know it took a penalty to get us to mid-field on third down, but we took over from there.

Spot these guys 7, 10, or 14 points and the 12th Man will awaken and we may not recover.

I think the Illinois mindset as applying to these opponents is probably pretty close. They are mentally fragile as a team, but can beat us especially if we let it happen.

Ohio State tried to give us the game and we almost got it.

If we give Nebraska this game they will get it.

Go Gophers! Need to Win the Next 2!

Lived here for over 30 years now and most of what you say is true. I do disagree with you that they are still sincere after they get beat by someone. These last 10 years or so with the Big Red struggling to keep up to their standards, the fans have evolved a bit. Not quite so happy and gracious. They have a very hard time with losing.

Missouri fans can tell you all about it. :eek:

Iowa won in Lincoln last year, so even the home field is not the advantage it used to be...

Especially if the Gophers go into Lincoln and beat Nebraska this weekend, could this be a little worrisome? This would likely lead to Bo getting fired, and I almost guarantee Kill would get a phone call about the Nebraska job. With those facilities and a little warmer/closer to home for Kill, it would be hard not to listen.

Especially if the Gophers go into Lincoln and beat Nebraska this weekend, could this be a little worrisome? This would likely lead to Bo getting fired, and I almost guarantee Kill would get a phone call about the Nebraska job. With those facilities and a little warmer/closer to home for Kill, it would be hard not to listen.

So now we should be hoping for the Gophers to lose, so we won't lose our coach?

Weather Guy? Next time start the morning with "decaf". :cool:

So now we should be hoping for the Gophers to lose, so we won't lose our coach?

Weather Guy? Next time start the morning with "decaf". :cool:

Lol, no I definitely hope we go in there and take it to them like last year. BUT if I could see Kill leaving for somewhere...

Lol, no I definitely hope we go in there and take it to them like last year. BUT if I could see Kill leaving for somewhere...

It'd be a lateral move at best... Especially because Woody is going to give him a pay raise at some point. He has a better program here that is rising at a rapid rate, while the opposite is happening in Lincoln. He's heavily involved in the university outside of football and also the community, and he has himself an all-star coaching staff. Oh yeah, and the university and AD have been great to him and understanding of his health status. No way he leaves here unless its for a BIG time head coaching job.

It'd be a lateral move at best... Especially because Woody is going to give him a pay raise at some point. He has a better program here that is rising at a rapid rate, while the opposite is happening in Lincoln. He's heavily involved in the university outside of football and also the community, and he has himself an all-star coaching staff. Oh yeah, and the university and AD have been great to him and understanding of his health status. No way he leaves here unless its for a BIG time head coaching job.

Very doubtful Kill will leave but we'll know for sure if killme starts subscribing to the Lincoln Journal Star..

No University is stealing Kill from us. 1) Kill is very committed to the U. 2) No power conference school is going to take a risk on his health record.

I'm gonna stash this post away and read it every time I need a laugh.

I'm gonna stash this post away and read it every time I need a laugh.

+1

Minnesota to Nebraska is a lateral move? On what planet? Not only do they have some of the best facilities in all of college, Bo still wins 9 games every year. When was the last time the Gophers won 9 games? '03?

Top Bottom