Nebraska Basketball

You are an even bigger *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# than BigGopherFan, why do you even post here? Go back to Buckyville loser.

Im a loser because I dont agree with you? Nebraska BB has a better winning percentage that the Gopher FB team over the last 10 years, so why is my post so bad?

I'll say it again, the high school talent in Nebraska for basketball is beyond poor. I can't even recall the last native Nebraskan who sniffed All-American honors playing for any team.

A look at where the 4 seniors from the Class A (largest) All State team are going for college (Eliason was from a smaller class):

Brady Lollman: Hastings College (NAIA)
Deverell Biggs: West Texas College (JUCO)
Mike Dentlinger: University of Nebraska-Kearney (D2)
Caleb Steffensmeier: University of Nebraska-Omaha (D2)

So Sadler is basically picking up scraps from out of state to fill his recruiting classes, and left with maybe one division 1 caliber player per season. It's not a recipe for success.

I think Sadler is a great coach as well. He's from the Bill Self coaching tree and did a great job at UTEP before he left for Lincoln. I'm not sure he knew what he was getting into.

The new arena should help, and as we all know in basketball, if you can get two or three solid players and a star, you can turn it around very quickly.

I'll say it again, the high school talent in Nebraska for basketball is beyond poor. I can't even recall the last native Nebraskan who sniffed All-American honors playing for any team.

Ron Kellogg from Omaha, who played for Kansas in 1980's, is the best/latest that I remember.

Top Bottom