NDSU football playing 10/3

bisonation

Reaction score
NDSU will play Oct 3 at Fargodome to showcase 2 potential 1st round NFL draft picks.

2 Minnesotans. QB Trey Lance of Marshall & LT Dillon Radunz of Becker .

Game will be on ESPN channels supposedly and will be a great way to get 20 practices in this fall as well.

NDSU is working on more games, but might just do this 1 game.

I know it isnt possible but would be cool if they could get a one year waiver to move up to fbs. They'd probly finish top 25 in the nation.

I've seen mock NFL drafts suggesting that Lance could be a top-10 pick in 2021. Not bad for a kid from Marshall, MN, who played for a run-oriented offense in HS.

Trey anywhere from top 5 to Top 20. Chicago has had scouts up here stalking him basically and they will have a top 15 pick.

Dillon is always 1st round 66 300 body that can move for a left tackle.

NDSU is trying to schedule up to 4 games this fall, but FBS teams keep saying no to them. Nebraska talked with them, Florida state did but took another fcs team closer as did Virginia Tech

10,000 fans at NDSU game announced. Oct 3.

1st round OT Dillion Radunz has said this will be his only game... guessing Trey Lance will follow

Matt Miller NFLDRAFTSCOUT

#2 Trey Lance
#12 Dillon Radunz
#47 ex ndsu, now LSU LB Jabril Cox.

NDSU tried to get BYU to come to Fargo and Virginia had an opening but refused to play them as well.

Just not working out for more games this fall for NDSU

Smart move for NDSU to play a game here in the fall so that they can use the practice time. Then they will play a move conventional schedule in the spring....or whenever their conference decides to open play? That's basically what I heard.

10,000 fans at NDSU game announced. Oct 3.

1st round OT Dillion Radunz has said this will be his only game... guessing Trey Lance will follow
I think I saw today that Radunz said he'll come back for the spring season.

Matt Miller NFLDRAFTSCOUT

#2 Trey Lance
#12 Dillon Radunz
#47 ex ndsu, now LSU LB Jabril Cox.

NDSU tried to get BYU to come to Fargo and Virginia had an opening but refused to play them as well.

Just not working out for more games this fall for NDSU
LOL

No FBS team is going to Fargo, while the Bison are in FCS. That's silly. Grow a pair, move up independent like Liberty ... then you have something worth caring about.

Covid tough on state of north dakota sportswise. Good chance und lost out on a hockey natty and now ndsu probly in football.

Catch “College Game Day” on ESPN Saturday morning for a story about Trey playing at NDSU -

2 National stories on Trey today including PJ Fleck hampering his QB chances by labelling him an ATH.

NDSU 230pm ESPN+ Lance & Becker's LT Dillon Radunz last games b4 the draft

Watch NDSU destroy the equivalent of 3rd graders, at home.

Neat.

Catch “College Game Day” on ESPN Saturday morning for a story about Trey playing at NDSU -

2 National stories on Trey today including PJ Fleck hampering his QB chances by labelling him an ATH.

NDSU 230pm ESPN+ Lance & Becker's LT Dillon Radunz last games b4 the draft
Good articles on Lance.

Still the ugliest color green ever devised. I can barely even look at it...and green is my favorite color!

Still the ugliest color green ever devised. I can barely even look at it...and green is my favorite color!
I think you're thinking of Univ of North Dakota. Or maybe both are terrible.

1200px-North_Dakota_Fighting_Hawks_logo.svg.png

1200px-North_Dakota_State_Bison_logo.svg.png

I've seen mock NFL drafts suggesting that Lance could be a top-10 pick in 2021. Not bad for a kid from Marshall, MN, who played for a run-oriented offense in HS.
If he's still there when Vikes pick in upcoming draft, I hope he's the pick, granted Lawrence and maybe Fields are already gone. He might be better than Fields though.

It would have been fun to watch Lance against Oregon this year. They're just on such a different level in the FCS that it is hard to truly judge just how good he is compared to other extremely amazing athletes.

I'm not saying he isn't on their level it is just hard to gauge.

Anybody watch this today? I was at a friends house, and his wife’s family is from Fargo and big Bison fans. So she had it in the tv. This is my only experience watching Lance, but color me unimpressed. Not knocking him as an FCS QB, but as a high end NFL prospect. Any hint of pressure, he just runs. Being in FCS, he has enough size to shrug off tackles and turn them into big gains. Not overly shifty, just bigger than the competition. Accuracy was not impressive, considering his stats last year. I don’t know if they’ve been practicing a long time for this one game, so maybe you can’t read much into it, like a spring game. But if it’s representative, I’ll take a hard “pass”.

Anybody watch this today? I was at a friends house, and his wife’s family is from Fargo and big Bison fans. So she had it in the tv. This is my only experience watching Lance, but color me unimpressed. Not knocking him as an FCS QB, but as a high end NFL prospect. Any hint of pressure, he just runs. Being in FCS, he has enough size to shrug off tackles and turn them into big gains. Not overly shifty, just bigger than the competition. Accuracy was not impressive, considering his stats last year. I don’t know if they’ve been practicing a long time for this one game, so maybe you can’t read much into it, like a spring game. But if it’s representative, I’ll take a hard “pass”.

15/30 for 149 yards....two touchdowns and a pick? No thanks.

I saw the stat line wasn't impressive. Hard to imagine the kid wasn't pressing way, way too much with just one game for the entire season to impress. just a guess though

Not a great effort. He clearly missed some throws, and had at least one drop that would have been a big gainer. And, FWIW, the other team made some decent plays on defense. Also, one of NDSU's top receivers went out with an injury.

Having said that, you're still talking about a kid who has played in 19 games in his college FB career - 17 as the starter.

So you're not evaluating him as a finished product - like a 2 or 3-year P5 starter. You have to evaluate Lance as a prospect. IF he declares for the draft - which is still to be determined - no NFL team is going to be drafting him with the idea that he walks in as the Day 1 Starter. You're drafting him as a developmental QB with the hope that he can be a starter in a couple of years. Maybe create some packages for him as a 'slash' player to use in certain situations.

Top Bottom