NCAA Tournament 2022-23

You didn't watch much if this was your take away. There were fabulous games played from beginning to end. Both Semi final games were played at a high level of basketball. The LSU coach does outfits wildly but some of that is to raise money for charity. She Mulkey has won 4 National titles with great talent, so she must be just a little bit of a decent coach. Have seen many players wear the half pant look. Don't have a problem with it. Dudes wear the leggings, half pant, all kinds of shoe's and nobody says boo about it. As to taunts controversy, my style is more let the players play and let that play on the court speak for itself. Reese got MVP but for me the MVP of this game was Morris, she is 5-6 and her jump shots in 3rd and 4th quarter took over game. Reese had a big part in LSU run all tournament but Morris too, she took over championship game with her jump shot and defense in second half after Iowa made a come back. I would rather talk about the basketball game than side show stuff. This game is growing, and this year was a good start.
You're right, I didn't watch much of it this year. But I'm still okay with my assessment.

Clark chirps a lot during the game, but don’t think she has chased anybody around the floor after the game to taunt them.
I agree. She drives me crazy with all her complaining and whining, not to mention the way she plays to the home crowd. But I've never seen her disrespect or taunt an opposing player. Maybe she has, but I haven't seen it. And I highly doubt she would have sought out Reese after the game to rub her face in it if Iowa would have won. (Now that the tournament is over, Clark can revert back to being my most disliked Big Ten player.)

You're right, I didn't watch much of it this year. But I'm still okay with my assessment.
It was a great tournament, had some of the same intrigue as Men's tournament had. I most followed and watched to follow Big 10 teams I saw play in person. Shame the championship game was marred by whistle happy officials and taunting stuff at the end. The way South Carolina out rebounded Iowa, I figured it would hurt Iowa on Sunday. Beyond the center Czinano Iowa didn't have post experienced enough to play with LSU. I wasn't a fan of Reese at Maryland, so not really into all of what she has been talking about, and don't understand why she is still talking, enjoy your championship with teammates, game isn't about just 1 player. I don't watch near as much SEC basketball so didn't realize people made comments about SC or all the rage and puffery. I pretty much just follow Big 10 in women's game because I'm a Gopher fan. I watch to see what it will take for the Gophers to try and step up to the top levels of the game. I know that Clark being a great player, and the hype had a lot of people tune in. Not a big deal if you didn't watch, and you are just as entitled to your assessment and sticking with it as mine.

As many have said, the least offended by what happened are the players. They get it, they are competing at the highest level, and the rivalries will burn long into their pro careers. It's fun to watch.

I watched more of the women's tournament than the men's for the first time ever. Games were a blast to watch. Part of it has to do with my belief that the Gopher's can compete soon at that level.

As many have said, the least offended by what happened are the players. They get it, they are competing at the highest level, and the rivalries will burn long into their pro careers. It's fun to watch.

I watched more of the women's tournament than the men's for the first time ever. Games were a blast to watch. Part of it has to do with my belief that the Gopher's can compete soon at that level.
I wouldn't brush off the end of game antics as quickly as you. I have no idea of any back story between the two, but both of them have to take some responsibility for being ambassadors for growing the game exponentially like they have the chance to do.

Seeing it all had me wanting to see the Bird Magic national championship and see if there was anything like what we saw yesterday. They had a rivalry, but I don't remember any overt disrespect like yesterday. I'm not sure if either of them appreciated in their youth how important they were in rescuing the NBA, but their talent and rivalry saved a nearly dying league. These two could easily replicate that if they play their cards right. Can't wait to see them on a national team together soon.

What a sad display. Disgusting.

I watched more of the women's tournament than the men's for the first time ever. Games were a blast to watch. Part of it has to do with my belief that the Gopher's can compete soon at that level. they don't mic the men.

Mic the men then let's have a discussion.

A record-setting NCAA women’s basketball tournament did not just set a new viewership record Sunday, it obliterated the previous ESPN-era high.

Sunday’s LSU-Iowa NCAA women’s basketball national championship game averaged 9.9 million viewers on ABC and ESPN2, per Nielsen fast-nationals — up 103% from South Carolina-UConn on ESPN and ESPN2 last year (4.85M) and easily the most-watched title game in the history of the women’s tournament (records date back to 1992).

Good news for the women’s game, but for context most of the events he lists have similar event direct competition in ratings wars. I admit I was surprised it wasn’t in prime time where it likely would have drawn more viewers.

Another aspect with both Reese and Clark is that in the heat of intense competition like that they are doing an instinctive pecking order, peacockong action. The alpha female, the alpha male, the strut, the marking territory. We all have that inside us in instincts.

Clark flashing the "can't see me" on the verge of victory in intense competition is a spontaneous pecking order taught. Well Reese actually in the end is the championship.

The beaten opponent must comply and take it. The former peacock has to simply watch.

And then people read into it all kinds of other stuff. Nobody sees it the same. Another person is seeing something very different. All that is projected.

At the end it was an intense battle and peacock Clarl got her butt kicked. For that game no Clark strut. The Bayou Barbie took her turn.

I've been trying to digest the Twitter debate, finding myself making conclusions that maybe aren't fully reasoned yet.

I think one angle people are missing that is leading to misunderstanding is that the Twitter response originally did NOT start with calling Reese's behavior unsportsmanlike or even poor ethics. It started as "classless."

I think the various sides are misunderstanding some of the reactions.

One side is thinking that it's a sportsmanship issue, and Reese's unsportsmanlike behavior was worse than Clark.

The other side is irked that Reese gets called "classless" while Clark is called something like "tough" or at worst unsportsmanlike.

The "classless" term makes this more than a double-standard over rules of sportsmanship. I think some people are missing this and thus the reason for the disconnect between the two sides.

Both sides can disagree over sportsmanship behavior. But then this new angle comes in of a new term "classless" used that wouldn't be used for a white person.

Luckily in this forum we already have discussed Clark's classless behavior and see the bigger picture. I think Reese was worse but know Clark to be a repeat offender of "Classless Clark" behavior again and again. I think some viewers watching the game don't know the backstory.

CC and Hailey were teammates and roommates, on a USA National team. What CC said was a quick, subtle comment to someone she knows well.
When CC did the "you can't see me" it was to HER TEAM when she was walking back to her own bench, during a timeout. The comments people make that CC and Reese did the same thing, are made by people who DID NOT watch the South Carolina game., and probably do not watch WBB.
I have watched every single Iowa WBB game for over 2 years, and CC is the not villain that people are making her out to be.
Reese has hated CC since AAU, this was not something new for Reese.

When Antoine Winfield got flagged for giving Tyreek Hill the peace sign (and got flagged for it) in the Super Bowl, I thought it was funny and a good payback since Tyreek had done that to the Bucs earlier in the year.
What Angel did was way beyond that as she did it while her team was shooting Ft’s then continued it for multiple other times after that. Her comments of disrespect after the game weren’t any better as CC didn’t disrespect her with that gesture earlier in the year.
Had Angel just done it one time it would have been ok. What she did was classless.

Jill Biden wants both LSU and Iowa invited to the White House. LSU for winning and Iowa for playing a good game...in other words by inviting Iowa they ate given a participation trophy.

Jill Biden "So, we hope LSU will come. But, you know, I’m going to tell Joe I think Iowa should come, too, because they played such a good game."

Enough of this nonsense. You get an invite for winning not for participating

CC and Hailey were teammates and roommates, on a USA National team. What CC said was a quick, subtle comment to someone she knows well.
When CC did the "you can't see me" it was to HER TEAM when she was walking back to her own bench, during a timeout. The comments people make that CC and Reese did the same thing, are made by people who DID NOT watch the South Carolina game., and probably do not watch WBB.
I have watched every single Iowa WBB game for over 2 years, and CC is the not villain that people are making her out to be.

I agree that Reese went on much longer. That was anti-social that I think the emotions of the game and pecking order instincts came into that.

At the same time, I don't at all believe you when you say you've watched every single Iowa WBB game game for over 2 years and CC is not the villain people are making her out to be. First, what do you mean by that?

You must be new to this forum because for the past several months we have been talking again and again about the behavior of Clark again and again.

A phrase that has been used here is that Clark should be more like Sue Bird and less like Diana Taurasi.

Its sounds like you are an Iowa fan.

And plus all these other lessor incidents with Clark. Earlier this season. Isabelle Gradwell went up and made a clean block on a Caitlin Clark layup. Clark fell to the ground in dramatic fashion and squacked for a foul that was not deserved. She then got a foul call that did not exist. Over and over she's a classless entitled prima dona.

Yet Gradwell unfairly got the foul call because of Clark the tantrum.

Gradwell received unjust foul after Clark tantrum and never received credit in the stats for blocking Clark.
1680580631742.png

Again and again that kind of behavior from Clark.

Over and over and over Clark is tantrum throwing, disrespectful, rude.

Last edited:

Jill Biden wants both LSU and Iowa invited to the White House. LSU for winning and Iowa for playing a good game...in other words by inviting Iowa they ate given a participation trophy.

Jill Biden "So, we hope LSU will come. But, you know, I’m going to tell Joe I think Iowa should come, too, because they played such a good game."

Iowa is a crucial swing state that's about 50%/50%. It's also the first state in the political season and causes a domino effect.

I'm sure the president's political advisors are telling him to dole out "yes' goodies to the people of Iowa too.

It's kind of a sleazy political calculation that politicians do to haul in votes. I both parties.

And there's plenty of black people on twitter trying to turn that into a race thing that she can't celebrate LSU by themselves

I just want to add again that they wouldn't be behaving like that in normal life. It's an intense, emotional game where instincts come out. Socialization gets thrown out the window and competitive instincts take over.

Clark wouldn't taunt someone like that in real life.

But let's not have a double-standard. They both need to be called classless if people are going to use that term.

Twitter is in a meltdown over this. (Before I was just trying to explain why they would do such a dumb thing.)

Why are the only two settings for women's basketball "nobody gives a F" and "race war"

When Clark did the "you can't see me" it was to HER TEAM????" You mean it was just coincidence that Haley Van Lith (who talks more shit than almost anyone) was walking passed when it happened???? Give me a break. Oh and I think Clark did it in at least 2 games.

What about when Clark dismissed the South Carolina player at the top of the key....literally waving her hand at her/dismissing her?? Was that classless?

You don't like Reese....I get it. But they are both trash talkers. It is surprising how when Clark/Van Lith talk smack they're called gritty and competitors, but when Reese did it, she's called classless/disgraceful (and much worse).

Iowa is a crucial swing state that's about 50%/50%. It's also the first state in the political season and causes a domino effect.

I'm sure the president's political advisors are telling him to dole out "yes' goodies to the people of Iowa too.

It's kind of a sleazy political calculation that politicians do to haul in votes. I both parties.
Maybe Jill and Joe would feel uncomfortable just being around black females.

I think Jill is guilty of an impulse purchase here and needs to rethink this. Back slowly away from the snack aisle, Dr. Biden.

Maybe Jill and Joe are the type of people who respect what both teams accomplished and
inviting Iowa is a way of showing that respect. What's wrong with that. I don't think Jill Biden
is a Women's B-Ball fanatic and maybe tyring to honor both teams. This takes nothing away from LSU as the National Champion and being rememberd as that.

Hope to see our Gophers in the Tournament next year!

Top Bottom