NCAA Tournament 2022-23

I can’t stand Clark’s attitude.
I don’t see her behaving much differently than most star players. They mostly act like all calls should go their way. She’s had a couple really bad ones against her.

At the half, live betting odds have LSU by 13.5 points.

Soft defense by Iowa with hot LSU shooting.

Inexplicable officiating.

Caitlin Clark with 3 fouls may make a comeback hampered.

Game over. LSU is shooting out of their minds. Some due to luck, some due to what the defense is allowing. Regardless, it's over.

Fringe player for LSU MVP so far. Formula for victory. Amazing performance.

Iowa needs to play Caitlin Clark all the way. If she fouls out then the NCAA will have to live with that atrocious officiating.

I’m at the game and the refs have gotten themselves into a game of make-up calls. Wildly inconsistent in how they’re calling hand checking, IMO.

In other news, LSU shooting ~75% from 3. 101 total first half points.

Look at Sophie Gustafson a few years ago from IO. Too slow, could not shoot a 3 after being a star . Czinano will b the same…z
Megan* Gustafson

I think it’s the same trend we’re seeing on the men’s side; there isn’t really a place for your traditional center at the next level. The modern game is definitely geared for a long slasher/positionless kind of forward.

Megan* Gustafson

I think it’s the same trend we’re seeing on the men’s side; there isn’t really a place for your traditional center at the next level. The modern game is definitely geared for a long slasher/positionless kind of forward.
Yeah, I was channeling Sophie Hart, lol. Thx !

Now the refs are just handing the game to LSU. They let LSU run through the Iowa players, jump over and push on their backs. Then they call Iowa for the same thing or less on the other end. This looks like a Minnesota at Wisconsin game…in the Bo Ryan era. Iowa is right to be frustrated.

LSU really, really shooting the ball well though. There are days like this though when everything seems to go your way…LSU seems to be having one of those days. Good for the girls on that team.

Mulkey is quite the coach. Not sure what she does differently from everyone else, but she is clearly an outstanding presence.

LSU really, really shooting the ball well though. There are days like this though when everything seems to go your way…LSU seems to be having one of those days. Good for the girls on that team.

Mulkey is quite the coach. Not sure what she does differently from everyone else, but she is clearly an outstanding presence.
LSU deserves to win, but the officials took over the game's narrative. It became the refshow in one of the most viewed games ever.

The women playing and the game overall deserve much more than this travesty.

I just want to say this: no matter how you feel about either team, Angel Reese trying to get up in Caitlin’s face with the “ring me” taunt before the final buzzer was the epitome of a classless player. I hope scouts took note of that exchange.
I was wondering what that was and couldn’t tell that she was taunting Caitlin.

I just want to say this: no matter how you feel about either team, Angel Reese trying to get up in Caitlin’s face with the “ring me” taunt before the final buzzer was the epitome of a classless player. I hope scouts took note of that exchange.
It's too bad because Reese is probably the 2nd best player in the country after Clark.

Agreed. Disgusting but CC with her MJ shrugs n U can’t c me gestures don’t evoke any sympathy from me.

Disappointed in the officiating in this game, seems too touchy ofcalls and taking stars out of the game
Horrible and they detracted from the quality of the game. IO fans will feel like they got robbed but the bad calls went both ways . In the end the bench points and LSU’s hot shooting cost them the game.

Top Bottom