NCAA Tournament 2022-23

Things are really going your way Florida Gulf Coast when a ball hits top of board and bounces back in for 3.

Is it even an upset anymore when FGCU knocks off higher seeds? Smesko must love Fort Myers. He is so good and must get lots of offers.

I'm watching the Stanford/Ole Miss game and right now the speed from Ole Miss is the difference. They are able to pressure Stanford on D whereas Stanford is having to sag off to keep them in front. Don't know if Ole Miss has enough overall skill to finish the job but looks like they we'll make it interesting.

Utah with key Minnesota players Gianna Kneepkens and Jenna Johnson advanced to the Sweet 16. Also with a key player from Alaska Alissa Pili (28 points and 10 rebounds)!

Utah with key Minnesota players Gianna Kneepkens and Jenna Johnson advanced to the Sweet 16. Also with a key player from Alaska Alissa Pili (28 points and 10 rebounds)!

Jenna ahohnson was a difference maker, but Princeton could not keep Pili the USC transfer off the boards.

Have money on Iowa national champ so am very glad to see Stanford out of their path

The Buckeyes looked terrific and then wobbly; terrific and then wobbly etc. Then Jacy Sheldon knocked down a game winning jumper with 1.8 remaining sending the Tar Heels home.

#6 Michigan 42.
#3 LSU 66.

LSU's Angel Reese (Formerly of Maryland ) with 25 points and 24 rebounds!

Someone should ask Olivia Olson (2024) to reconsider Michigan.

There has been a theme in both the mens/woman’s tourney. The Big has struggled against faster more athletic teams. Mens side, only 1/8 left n now IU loses. IO might have lost to GA if they were not playing @ home.

There has been a theme in both the mens/woman’s tourney. The Big has struggled against faster more athletic teams. Mens side, only 1/8 left n now IU loses. IO might have lost to GA if they were not playing @ home.
OR if Georgia didn't self destruct the final 2 minutes or so..

#5 Louisville defeats #4 Texas 73-51.

Louisville is coached by Jeff Walz, a former assistant/associate coach for Brenda Frese (Oldfield) at Maryland and Minnesota. He was one of Lindsay Whalen's coaches. Last year Louisville made the Final Four. That's the Brenda Frese coaching tree.

1679402798515.png

#5 Louisville defeats #4 Texas 73-51.

Louisville is coached by Jeff Walz, a former assistant/associate coach for Brenda Frese (Oldfield) at Maryland and Minnesota. He was one of Lindsay Whalen's coaches. Last year Louisville made the Final Four. That's the Brenda Frese coaching tree.

View attachment 24683
Watched part of the Louisville/Texas game last night.....that Hailey Van Lith is really an unlikeable player. She's good and she knows it and lets everyone else know. Reminds me of an older Greenway.
And Lindsey looks like she's 12 years old in that picture. LOL

Watched part of the Louisville/Texas game last night.....that Hailey Van Lith is really an unlikeable player. She's good and she knows it and lets everyone else know. Reminds me of an older Greenway.
And Lindsey looks like she's 12 years old in that picture. LOL
Agreed, you can be great without resorting to the butthole factor. It's one thing to play with a competitive edge, can do without the doucheness of being in someone's face.

Agreed, you can be great without resorting to the butthole factor. It's one thing to play with a competitive edge, can do without the doucheness of being in someone's face.
I watched the game and saw this incident when it happened, the stuff during the game... the Texas player was the one trash-talking. She says "honorable mention" in the line because HVL was HM all-American and got a question about it at a presser where she was frustrated about it. Sonya Morris literally stopped the handshake line to trash-talk someone who lit her up; that's not on HVL. The same player got a T for trash-talking while down 50 to L'ville when she was at DePaul in 2020.

I watched the game and saw this incident when it happened, the stuff during the game... the Texas player was the one trash-talking. She says "honorable mention" in the line because HVL was HM all-American and got a question about it at a presser where she was frustrated about it. Sonya Morris literally stopped the handshake line to trash-talk someone who lit her up; that's not on HVL. The same player got a T for trash-talking while down 50 to L'ville when she was at DePaul in 2020.
100% agree with you, Texas player in the video was completely out of line. Louisville has a really good basketball team, I was impressed how they handled Texas.

Reactions: fej

100% agree with you, Texas player in the video was completely out of line. Louisville has a really good basketball team, I was impressed how they handled Texas.
Maybe I should have been more clear....the handshake incident was not just on Van Lith. She's really good, no doubt about it. But I've seen her play a handful of times and she lets everyone know about it.....whether she makes a 3 and holds her hand in the shooting position while she jogs back up the court or screams when she gets an "and ONE".....she likes to instigate. Pretty sure she threw a tantrum when they got beat in the tourney last year too.

Maybe I should have been more clear....the handshake incident was not just on Van Lith. She's really good, no doubt about it. But I've seen her play a handful of times and she lets everyone know about it.....whether she makes a 3 and holds her hand in the shooting position while she jogs back up the court or screams when she gets an "and ONE".....she likes to instigate. Pretty sure she threw a tantrum when they got beat in the tourney last year too.
Agreed. I am also a ND fan and watched many of their games on the ACCN. HVL is from the Taurasi school of sportsmanship. She taunts, trash talks, whines and complains if called for any fouls. I would rather watch a Sue Bird than a D. Taurasi any day. These behaviors have made their way down to HS- Greenway @ PA. Many of these athletes are stars and I wish they would let their game speak for them as to me this detracts from their greatness.

Not sad to see IU go down.
3 pointer with about 2:00 minutes to go to put Miami up 5. Scalia went under the screen (when she should have gone over) and that gave Cavinder the clean look to knock it down.
Exciting game. Miami executed their game plan on the Hoosiers.

Good read:

And this:

Now are the big, big games:

Last edited:

South Carolina is favored by 16.5 points over UCLA. Can UCLA shock the world and beat South Carolina? Earlier this season UCLA lost to SC by 9 points.

1679537721125.png

In Big Ten action:

Maryland is favored to win by 4.5 points.

Iowa is favored to win by 5.5.

Ohio State is an underdog by 9.5 points.

Would be nice if the Gophers became a really good team and stayed that way. We will see.
1679537999325.png

Top Bottom