NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament Brackets

These games today were beat downs. OSU 8-1 over Harvard?? Penn State 8-0 over Mich Tech?? And now this one too.

1679703117413.png

This game will not be close. Most boring first round in tournament history potentially.

Colgate looks like MN high schoolers when they have point blank opportunities.

I think Michigan could fall in the next round. They are great but lost 11 games this season too.

Now up 1-0 in this game.

20230324_200529.jpg

I think Michigan could fall in the next round. They are great but lost 11 games this season too.

Now up 1-0 in this game.

View attachment 24735
Michigan is very prone to letdown games for how insanely talented they are. Probably the best team in the country at their best, but there's a reason the gophers won the B1G by a wide margin. That said I just don't think Penn State is the team to take them down, despite how good they looked today.

Michigan is very prone to letdown games for how insanely talented they are. Probably the best team in the country at their best, but there's a reason the gophers won the B1G by a wide margin. That said I just don't think Penn State is the team to take them down, despite how good they looked today.

That's probably right. But Michigan could have a slip like several times earlier this season. I said "could."

1679708206657.png

It won't be the game underway:

1679708300338.png

Michigan 6 toothpaste 0

Big Ten 31 Opponents 3

Holy! Today is the day of the butt kickings.

1679709371728.png

I know it's not relevant to the one and done NCAA's, but when we look back at this season, remember we won this conference by 19 points. The conference that is currently obliterating everyone they have faced.

Wow. That was one heck of a Northern Lights last night. Everything is crazy.

1679712193710.png

Maybe they watched the Minnesota game and thought, "We have to play full speed because it's so easy to be complacent."

Never seen so many blow outs in ncaa tourney. Not sure what to make of it. It's not that easy to score against competent defense and goalies. I guess we'll see what rest of weekend brings. Hoping for some competitive games.

Last edited:

Here is my bracket. Not real risky.

View attachment 24680

Will be interesting. Would be nice to see Michigan lose in the second round. Ha!

Harvard could be interesting.

I'm picking Boston U to upset Denver.

Now come on, Minnesota has to win!

Of course I knew the Big Ten would annihilate opponents like I could never imagine -- NOT.

Well, I am still going with Minnesota vs Boston and Michigan vs Quinnipiac in the Frozen Four. That of course means I'll be 50% right.

Hey! I'm saying this is a stumble round for Michigan maybe. Maybe. It's either now or the championship game.

1679756920342.png

Last edited:

Background info on the teams. The conferences can be confusing.

1679757702123.png

1679758695150.png

1679758071362.png

1679757585837.png

Last edited:

Background info on the teams. The conferences can be confusing.

View attachment 24758

View attachment 24761

View attachment 24760

View attachment 24756

On the women's side, the Big Ten does not have a hockey conference. Instead, Minnesota plays in the WCHA with teams like Wisconsin, UMD, Ohio State, and St Cloud State.

The WCHA conference for men's hockey folded after the Big Ten hockey conference was formed and lives on with D1 women's hockey.

On the women's side, the ECAC is the closest rival to the WCHA. Yet only one ECAC team has won a national championship, Clarkson.

Hockey East has never won a title, although Northeastern is close every year. Women's hockey is divided into the East Coast teams and Midwest.

This year Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Yale, Northeastern, Colgate, Quinnipiac, UMD and Clarkson were the top teams with Wisconsin under coach Mark Johnson (of Miracle on Ice) winning it all as a non-top 4 team.

Like men's hockey, Minnesota women's hockey has not won a national title in years despite being consistently at the top. Forward/center Taylor Heise was probably the best player in women's hockey the last few years and played for the Gophers, this season her last.

Last edited:

Cornell dominating Denver in an empty arena. I thought the regionals were set up to sell tickets?
Much better crowd today in Manchester, NH. Looks pretty full.

While I like that they have built a day off into the Regionals (1st year?) it does result in possible softer ticket sales for a Thursday afternoon contest, especially without a nearby fan base.

Still preferable, especially if a team has to play a couple of OTs in Round 1. No more quick turnarounds.

Much better crowd today in Manchester, NH. Looks pretty full.

While I like that they have built a day off into the Regionals (1st year?) it does result in possible softer ticket sales for a Thursday afternoon contest, especially without a nearby fan base.

Still preferable, especially if a team has to play a couple of OTs in Round 1. No more quick turnarounds.
I don't know about it being pretty full. I see a bunch of seat backs.

Top Bottom