NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament Brackets

This is a strong argument. The Big Ten should do something about this. Why do Minnesota teams and Big Ten teams fall short of the NCAA championship? Maybe the Big Ten could at least schedule games Wednesday, Saturday, Saturday through the Big Ten Tournament.

I think one reason Wisconsin women's hockey was able to upset Minnesota and Ohio State this year for the championship was because Wisconsin played an extra game against a weak team for shooting practice and then stayed sharp.

View attachment 24673

Men Frozen Four Last Year -- 2 Big Ten teams + 1 more MN team but all lost.

View attachment 24674

Men's Frozen Four in 2021 - 3 Minnesota teams and all lost

View attachment 24675

I don't know.
A. why are you lumping in the Minnesota teams with the big ten when they have different conference tournament setups?
B. The two B10 teams you referenced from last year's frozen four made the B10 championship game and played that last weekend leading up to the tournament so that sort of invalidates your point. In fact all 3 of the other frozen 4 teams played a more recent game than Denver did.

A. why are you lumping in the Minnesota teams with the big ten when they have different conference tournament setups?
B. The two B10 teams you referenced from last year's frozen four made the B10 championship game and played that last weekend leading up to the tournament so that sort of invalidates your point. In fact all 3 of the other frozen 4 teams played a more recent game than Denver did.

Right. I went the Big Ten argument rout and then as typing threw in the Minnesota teams at the last minute without thinking about that. OK, thanks for that.

Well then... let that mess form a conclusion from what that is.

Here is my bracket. Not real risky.

1679368660662.png

Will be interesting. Would be nice to see Michigan lose in the second round. Ha!

Harvard could be interesting.

I'm picking Boston U to upset Denver.

Now come on, Minnesota has to win!

Next year the nearest regionals will be in Sioux Falls, SD and the Frozen Four in St Paul, MN.

This year the regional is Fargo, ND and the Frozen Four in Tampa, FL.

Many thanks for that. Got great aisle seats cuz I was ready at 12.

Hutson just puts up points in every game

MSU dominates the first 10 minutes of play but going on the penalty kill score 0-0.

I think Chrona checked out of college weeks ago

Cornell up 2-0 over Denver, still in the 1st

Minnesota State dominating the Huskies but they can't score!!

I'd rather take on the Huskies as they look lost...

Minnesota State dominating the Huskies but they can't score!!

I'd rather take on the Huskies as they look lost...
Doesn't mean they'd be lost in the next game though. Definitely bad so far today.

Cornell dominating Denver in an empty arena. I thought the regionals were set up to sell tickets?

Wow, OSU out to a very important 2-0 lead after one against Harvard. Now everyone out west will see what Harvard is really made of.

Didn't see that coming. Felt like Harvard had a good shot to win that region. Still might.

OSU scores two goals within seconds of each other to go up 4-0. WOW

Reminder this game should have been happening in Fargo and OSU would be meeting the Gophers tomorrow instead of SCSU.

Watch out for Boston U.
Was anyone else surprised at the lack of attendance at their game yesterday? It was half full at best. Manchester is only 60 miles from Boston.

Top Bottom