NBA Front Court

GopherNation

Reaction score
I heard Maturi say this is kind of a rebuilding year for Tubby. I was shocked to hear this. Although we have some inexperienced guards, we have one of the best front courts in the nation. It's possible Mbakwe, Sampson, and Rodney all could be in the NBA next year. These guys were all 4 stars coming out of HS and now they are all upper class men. Should we have higher expectations for the success of this Gopher's team this year?

rebuilding year?? I'm not saying we are going to make a run in the tourney or anything but we will certainly be competitive! I find it REALLY hard to believe that Tubby would say this. Please, Please Joel, RETIRE!

Here;s my theory on Mn sports in general & why I agree this is kind of a rebuilding year for Tubby. Mn is not a big enough name to consistently get the top recruits like UNC, UK, UCLA, et al. We need to recruit solid players who fill develop over time & fit defined roles. In our down years we should be competitive, maybe .500 in the Big-10 & make the tourney, but every 4-5 years those recruits will come together as upper-classmen and then we make a serious run in the tourney. Last year, was that year for us :( We were ranked #14 in the country, in theory should have gotten better when we returned Devoe & looked like en Elite-8 team imo. Then More got hurt, then Devoe transferred, then Al got hurt (Game over). Injuries are part of the game and all that, just saying last year was the year everything was aligned to make a real splash & it didn't work out, bad luck. This year we're starting all new guards, that's damn close to rebuilding. I expect this team will make a deep run in the tourney in two seasons from now when we have...

PG Andre Hollins - Jr
Maverick - Sr

SG Austin Hollins - Sr
Chip - Sr

SF Joe Coleman - Jr
Otto - Jr

PF Walker - Sr

C Eliason - Sr (RS Jr?)

GopherNation, you are better off ignoring anything Maturi says.

Top Bottom