National Signing Day Surprises

DL65

Reaction score
The week before and National Signing Day has always had surprises - players flipping to other schools. De'Vondre Campbell was a surprise signee for the Gophers last year.

Do you expect any surprises for the Gophers this year - getting a signed commitment from a recruit that they had sought but had "verbaled" to another school - on signing day? If so, is there anyone in particular that you'd like to see change their commitment to the Gophers?

Go Gophers!!

I'm hoping Nilijah Ballew flips from Louisville on signing day. But I don't know a thing...

De'vondre Campbell? Thought it was Donovahn Jones from Mizzou to Minn that was the surprise late switch and signee?...

De'vondre Campbell? Thought it was Donovahn Jones from Mizzou to Minn that was the surprise late switch and signee?...

DL65 has it right. Campbell was all set to go to K State before switching on signing day. DJ may have been a switch but not like Campbell.

Gary Moore, the DT from Mobile, Alabama who's committed to S Miss. He was allegedly our #1 DT target back in the Spring but the staff backed off because his grades/test scores weren't up to snuff. Apparently he put his nose to the grindstone & is where he needs to be now. The staff did an in-home visit this week & I believe he's on campus as I type this.

Originally Posted by cjcarter8
Is there any info out there at all about Craig James? Its like he has fallen off the face of the earth.

Right after his visit to the U he decided he wasn't speaking to reporters anymore & hasn't taken another visit since then. Gophers coaches say they feel very good about James. He will announce on NSD.

DL65 wanted to know if there will be a surprise recruit on national signing day. The 247 recruiting site lists him as 100% Minnesota. So there you go DL, he is your man. Since we already have two verbal RBs it might still be a surprise if he signs with Minnesota. If not, he will still be a surprise to some other school.

DL65 wanted to know if there will be a surprise recruit on national signing day. The 247 recruiting site lists him as 100% Minnesota. So there you go DL, he is your man. Since we already have two verbal RBs it might still be a surprise if he signs with Minnesota. If not, he will still be a surprise to some other school.

James is being recruited as a DB and most expect him to be a Gopher. Wouldn't exactly call him being a Gopher a surprise.

The guy that I think will be the surprise is predicted 100% to MIZZOU on 247. I'm going with Christian Campbell surprising everyone and coming to the Gophers.

James is being recruited as a DB and most expect him to be a Gopher. Wouldn't exactly call him being a Gopher a surprise.

The guy that I think will be the surprise is predicted 100% to MIZZOU on 247. I'm going with Christian Campbell surprising everyone and coming to the Gophers.

Thanks - I knew I had to have something wrong but I didn't know what it was.

Thanks - I knew I had to have something wrong but I didn't know what it was.

You always have had something wrong, Killjoy. :)

It really came to light when we lost parski.

Khari Blasingame. Are there more to come? Hopefully tilting our way this time.

JC Hassenauer decides Alabama isn't for him and chooses Minnesota...that's my hope.

I am hoping for WRs and DBs. That's all!

You always have had something wrong, Killjoy. :)

It really came to light when we lost parski.

:confused:Okay Doc, first, what does Parski have to do with this topic? Second, how the hell did you lose him?

:confused:Okay Doc, first, what does Parski have to do with this topic? Second, how the hell did you lose him?

Someone told him to go to hell, and he got banned there, no one has heard from him since.

Someone told him to go to hell, and he got banned there, no one has heard from him since.

Thanks but are you sure you are telling me the whole story? I suspect you and Station19 took him ice fishing and left him there to freeze to death. Also being confused, I have yet to figure out the relationship amongst the three of you but I have enjoyed your banter.

Killjoy: We have 3 different fathers from 3 different mothers.

Top Bottom