National Signing Day Press Conference News, Notes and Quotes

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Excellent recap. Though if Bauducco is 6'5", 285, we need to get him on the line LOL

"Told story about coach who recruited a kid by telling him Kill had cancer & wouldn't be around. Confronted him and forgave him, but told him they'd kick their butt, and they did. Didn't divulge name of the school."

Wow.

Great recap.. Thanks!

Thanks for posting this.

I'm a Pollyanna by nature but, that being said, it sure sounds to me like Kill knows exactly what he's doing. This sure isn't his first rodeo. Also, it was great to hear him give so much credit to other people--especially Jeff Horton.

Excellent recap. Though if Bauducco is 6'5", 285, we need to get him on the line LOL

My bad--Kill was talking at a mile a minute, and kept adjusting what the weights of the players were vs. what they were listed as. Wish he was that big & could play O or D line lol.

edit: It's fixed now--thanks for pointing it out!

How much $$ do they actually make out of the gold zone. I honestly can't stomach the idea of paying them for this. I give enough money with my tickets.

It seems to me that they have a publicity problem competing with the Vikings, etc. and that they should make this stuff as accessible as possible until they are winning conf. titles and selling out an 80,000 seat TCF.

How much $$ do they actually make out of the gold zone. I honestly can't stomach the idea of paying them for this. I give enough money with my tickets.

It seems to me that they have a publicity problem competing with the Vikings, etc. and that they should make this stuff as accessible as possible until they are winning conf. titles and selling out an 80,000 seat TCF.

Yeah I agree. I think it may show up as a free video later on today or tomorrow. At least that was the case last year I believe. I know I watched it last year on gophersports.com but don't every remember paying for it.

great recap.

how many freshman do you think play next season?

great recap.

how many freshman do you think play next season?

just posted this in another thread but Tommy Olson, Josh Campion have a chance to play on the line next year and Michael Amaefula and Steven Montgomery on defense...

Olson is a monster and Campion is older than your normal freshman so hopefully they get some good experience but we don't have to rely on them unless they turn out to be great right out of the gate.

Kill has talked a lot about being thin in the secondary so getting Montgomery some PT makes sense. Amaefula is the surprising candidate for early playing time IMO, but apparently he is big, strong and fast.

just posted this in another thread but Tommy Olson, Josh Campion have a chance to play on the line next year and Michael Amaefula and Steven Montgomery on defense...

Olson is a monster and Campion is older than your normal freshman so hopefully they get some good experience but we don't have to rely on them unless they turn out to be great right out of the gate.

Kill has talked a lot about being thin in the secondary so getting Montgomery some PT makes sense. Amaefula is the surprising candidate for early playing time IMO, but apparently he is big, strong and fast.

That's my thinking as well. I'm hoping we can redshirt at least 75% of the incoming frosh.

Top Bottom