Nate Mason Sr. "I think kids need to learn when they make mistakes"...

Does this seem messed up to anyone else besides myself? I came across this while reading the news and thought it ties into what's going on. Admittedly prior to reading this I thought this would never happen to anyone other than a student. Maybe it's a education thing (in other folks business).

"Leigh Ann Arthur taught in Union, S.C., for 13 years. Then her decision to leave her unlocked phone on her desk on Feb. 19 put an end to her career. While she was on hall patrol duty for five minutes in between classes, the engineering and computer programming teacher at Union County Career and Technical Center says a 16-year-old student grabbed her phone and found a nude photo she had taken for her husband for Valentine's Day, per NBC News and WSPA. "He took pictures from his cell phone of that and then he told the whole class that he would send them to whoever wanted them," Arthur tells WSPA. After class, the student told her, "Your day of reckoning is coming," Arthur says. It was only later she found out the photo had been seen.

The student indeed shared the photo through texts and on social media, superintendent David Eubanks tells WYFF, adding Arthur was given the choice to resign or go through a process for dismissal. She resigned last Tuesday. "I think we have a right to privacy, but when we take inappropriate information or pictures, we had best make sure it remains private," Eubanks tells the State. Arthur says the student hasn't been punished. She plans to press charges and has also complained to the Union Public Safety Department, which is investigating. "The whole premise of my privacy being invaded is being ignored and that's what's wrong," she says. Some 1,000 people have signed a petition to have her job restored, though Arthur says she's not sure if she'd take it. (In neighboring North Carolina, teenagers are the ones facing trouble over racy photos.)"

Does this seem messed up to anyone else besides myself? I came across this while reading the news and thought it ties into what's going on. Admittedly prior to reading this I thought this would never happen to anyone other than a student. Maybe it's a education thing (in other folks business).

"Leigh Ann Arthur taught in Union, S.C., for 13 years. Then her decision to leave her unlocked phone on her desk on Feb. 19 put an end to her career. While she was on hall patrol duty for five minutes in between classes, the engineering and computer programming teacher at Union County Career and Technical Center says a 16-year-old student grabbed her phone and found a nude photo she had taken for her husband for Valentine's Day, per NBC News and WSPA. "He took pictures from his cell phone of that and then he told the whole class that he would send them to whoever wanted them," Arthur tells WSPA. After class, the student told her, "Your day of reckoning is coming," Arthur says. It was only later she found out the photo had been seen.

The student indeed shared the photo through texts and on social media, superintendent David Eubanks tells WYFF, adding Arthur was given the choice to resign or go through a process for dismissal. She resigned last Tuesday. "I think we have a right to privacy, but when we take inappropriate information or pictures, we had best make sure it remains private," Eubanks tells the State. Arthur says the student hasn't been punished. She plans to press charges and has also complained to the Union Public Safety Department, which is investigating. "The whole premise of my privacy being invaded is being ignored and that's what's wrong," she says. Some 1,000 people have signed a petition to have her job restored, though Arthur says she's not sure if she'd take it. (In neighboring North Carolina, teenagers are the ones facing trouble over racy photos.)"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on my phone and can't post the link. But there is an article on the pioneer press that states Dorsey reported his phone stolen on February 28th.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/02/kevin-dorseys-phone-was-stolen-at-moa-family-says/

Dorsey is a clown. He needs to be permanently gone from Minnesota.

This doesn't feel right, first time I've agreed with Les.

Video was supposedly shot Thur. night, Dorsey and family hear most people are pissed about posting the video to twitter, much more than the act itself.... day's later, phone was stolen and the thief posted the videos on his twitter acount. Right...

This doesn't feel right, first time I've agreed with Les.

Video was supposedly shot Thur. night, Dorsey and family hear most people are pissed about posting the video to twitter, much more than the act itself.... day's later, phone was stolen and the thief posted the videos on his twitter acount. Right...

My understanding is he reported it stolen two days before the act was posted. That seems to check out that he didn't post it to me.

If it's true that his phone was stolen, why the heck is he suspended? Something doesn't seem right.

Jebus, so much for giving the benefit of a doubt on here.

Well, I'm glad I'm not investigating this. The second level second guesses are out in this one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If Dorsey had listened to Cris Carter his fall guy would have been kicked out of school by now while no suspensions occurred.

The quoted officer saying that there is video evidence of the phone being stolen on the 24th?

Interesting. Certainly does add some intrigue. Curious if anything comes from this.

The stolen phone makes a ****load more sense than posting accidentally for 30 minutes.

What doesn't make sense is that if it is indeed in the hands of a 3rd party, why doesn't dead spin have it yet?

The stolen phone makes a ****load more sense than posting accidentally for 30 minutes.

What doesn't make sense is that if it is indeed in the hands of a 3rd party, why doesn't dead spin have it yet?

Legitimate question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the idea that the video was shot on Thursday? Not saying you are wrong, but if that's been reported, I missed it.

Maybe the thief is demanding Louisville prices for a Minnesota product and deadspin is rebutting with who cares it's Minnesota, who the hell is Kevin Dorsey

Top Bottom