Myron got the boot from the AP poll

-"NBADraft.net has Rodney Williams projected as a No. 3 pick in the 2011 draft. Whatever."

Wow. Well said Myron...

I'm sure he found out about that on here. I doubt he happened to check NBAdraft.net today.

After looking at his votes from last year, I can't blame the AP. Didn't he end up on that one website's worst voter list a few times, too?

At this point, I'm not sure Myron losing his vote is a big deal or not. I'm more worried that the state of Minnesota apparently doesn't have a vote in the poll. However, I'm not sure if Myron should be the one to hold that vote.

Plus, writers/reporters/broadcasters who follow Minnesota basketball also get a chance to watch a lot of top 25 teams during nonconference and Big Ten play. They're watching the teams that they're ranking, even if there's only one DI school in their own state.

I didn't take the time to look up the top 25, but isn't saying they get to see a "lot" of top 25 teams a bit of an overstatement. Obviously, in BT season they will.

I do have a question - does anyone know the reasoning behind this? Is it really giving other states more votes, or could it of been his voting? I have no idea how this whole thing works.

-"NBADraft.net has Rodney Williams projected as a No. 3 pick in the 2011 draft. Whatever."

Wow. Well said Myron...

I'm sure he found out about that on here. I doubt he happened to check NBAdraft.net today.

What else can we expect from Myron. He doesn't know basketball, and now he's apparently bitter about how wrong he was regarding Rodney. He's the one that started all the talk about Rodney not being ready.

I agree with Myron's take on this issue. There should absolutely be a AP vote in Minnesota somewhere. Give it to Marcus Fuller, Myron, or even Sid Hartman...but SOMEONE should have a say.

I'll volunteer to take Myron's place. One thing I'm sure of; I know wouldn't vote Wazzu into the top 25 late in the season while they're holding a barely over .500 record & aren't even within sniffing distance of being selected for the NCAA tourney field.

Seriously, give the vote to Marcus, but not Sid. Sid would probably vote Marc Trestman into the top 25.

I'll volunteer to take Myron's place. One thing I'm sure of; I know wouldn't vote Wazzu into the top 25 late in the season while they're holding a barely over .500 record & aren't even within sniffing distance of being selected for the NCAA tourney field.

Seriously, give the vote to Marcus, but not Sid. Sid would probably vote Marc Trestman into the top 25.

Honestly, SS - I think you'd be the state's best representative! I don't think anyone knows more about the entire college basketball scene as you do. I would be proud for you to be our one AP vote!

If that doesn't work out - I'm all for Marcus being our delegate too.

Myron can't even count (according to him, Butler was "overwhelmed" by LSU when they lost 75-71), why should the AP entrust him with a vote. And in answer to Zales04, yes, he has been mentioned from time to time when the subject of bizzare voting has come up.

I also like how he says, "According to one of my AP colleagues...." Would it have killed him to inquire himself? Isn't that what a reporter is supposed to do? Of course, he might have gotten an answer he didn't want to hear.

SS truly would be better then anyone we could offer. But they really should give it to Marcus. Not letting the entire state have a vote is absurd. Did they give it to someone in Fargo or Sioux Falls instead since the have 2 teams and we have one? Give me a break.

The AP gave a vote to the Fargo Forum Sports writer because the Bison made the Dance last year. I think his name is "lakesbison". :)

"Sid would probably vote Marc Trestman into the top 25."

I lol'd at this one.

Top Bottom