Myron chat: Less confident Tubby will leave; Chip may play fball; UW to Final 4

from my count that is exactly 12 more wins than the Gophers have in the same time period and 2 more than Tubby has.

going out on a limb here but if this was Minnesota's NCAA wins over the time period and given the Gophers a eazy waltz to the sweet 16 I bet you would spin this a lot different in the Gophers favor.

anyone can get numbers to say what they want. the fact is that the Badgers program has been and is in way better shape than Miinnesota's.

2002 (2 W), 2003 (3 W), 2004 (1 W), 2005 (3 W), 2006 (1 W), 2007 (1 W) equals 11 W (not 10) for Tubby.

Bo is 12-9 all-time in NCAA games. Tubby is 29-15.

Agreed. BUT, the point of his post wasn't that MN is better than Wisconsin, it was that Wisconsin isn't up their with MSU, and tOSU when it comes to tourney success. And they aren't. Yet people on THIS board act like they are the perfect college basketball team.

you are right the post wasn't about MN vs. Wisc. my mistake. Wisc no way near the success of the top programs in the country.

I woild rather not give the Badgers any credit but at least 1 win in the NCAA tourney 8 out 9 years even if against lower seeds is something many programs would take including Minnesota's.

and FOT not trying to say Bo better than Tubby. just thought the numbers used to prove the point that was trying to be made IMO didn't work. they still have won games in the tourney.

Wisconsin has been better than MN and MSU has been better than WI. Pretty simple, why argue.

I would be quite happy for us to be as terrible in b-ball as Wisky has been under Ryan. The guy is a very good coach. He has won or shared several Big 10 titles. Can we get one please. Is it too much to ask for a school of this size?

What does the size of the school have to do with it?

Those Wisconsin stats are interesting and they give both sides ot this argument plenty of material. I did not realize that Wisconsin had made the tournament every year since 2002 and advanced at least one round every year but one. That is pretty impressive and makes the Gophers embarassing streak of not winning a single tournament game since 1997 that much more painful.

On the other end of the spectrum, every single year Wisconsin has advanced past the first round they have been the beneficiary or an upset. It is amazing that they've faced 11,14, and 13 seeds in the second round of the tournament and a 10 seed in the sweet 16.

I'd still love to have Wisconsin's success over the last decade or so, especially in the Big 10, but this certainly shows they type of good fortune Wisconsin has enjoyed. Even this year Wisconsin banks in a miracle 3 to beat Michigan while the Gophers have had much better looks from 3 to win or tie games late and haven't had a single one go in the bucket.

I think Bo gets the very most out of his team each and every year which I would assume would be both a blessing and a curse for Wisconsin fans. As an observer, I always feel like they have overachieved at the end of the year, yet they never quite get over the hump to being a nationally recognized program.

Thanks, Nate

It would be nice if Myron and Marcus had twitter accounts for researched news, and a separate personal account for their asinine opinions.
lol - and agreed.

Chip received Class 5A All-State Football Team Honorable Mention. He only played football one year in high school.

Let's not act like that qualifies him to be a D1 football player.

Antonio Gates never played football in college. Lets not act like that qualifies him to the the best TE in pro football.

Congo, fact of the matter is, if you look at his body type and athleticism....if he can hit AT ALL...he would be a D1 caliber safety. I don't know if he can.

What does Gates have to do with Chip? I hate when people throw up stupid unrelated rare success stories. Think of how many guys that were HS studs couldn't cut it a the next level.

Tubby's tournament record at the U: 0-2 and both losses by 10+

I hope myron watched sconnie today. Granted osu was good today but how can anyone think sconnie is final four good?

I hope myron watched sconnie today. Granted osu was good today but how can anyone think sconnie is final four good?

You can't win when you give up NCAA records for 3-point shooting, and giving up 93 points is also not a good omen for Badger fans hoping for a deep tourney run ... I hope Bo can deal with it :)

If Wisconsin somehow gets placed in the Madison regional I think they will fair fairly well. If not I am thinking Sweet 16 at best.

Good? 14-15 from 3 point land would be crazy in shoot around more or less in the actual game. OSU was amazing. They were fired up for senior night, revenge game, etc. I wouldn't read to much more into the game then that.

Wisconsin's going to make the Final Four?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..................

No, wait......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Screw the popcorn skunks.

John Wooden was 1-5 in his first 6 NCAA games at UCLA in 1950's. He got better.

If Tubby was 40 years old and still at Tulsa this stat would be appropriate.

Can your statistics get any more irrelevant? The number of people who actually take your posts seriously are dwindling by the second.

Good? 14-15 from 3 point land would be crazy in shoot around more or less in the actual game. OSU was amazing. They were fired up for senior night, revenge game, etc. I wouldn't read to much more into the game then that.

Well, UW was #58 in Pomeroy's defensive efficiency ratings, and Luke Winn wrote a column earlier this year that included the fact that no team since Pomeroy started his rating system (2003) has made the Final Four with a defensive efficiency outside of the top-30. And that #58 ranking was before the OSU game - giving up 1.6 points per possession will surely cause UW's D ranking to drop when the ratings are updated.

If only that's all it actually took to be a good safety...

Antonio Gates never played football in college. Lets not act like that qualifies him to the the best TE in pro football.

Congo, fact of the matter is, if you look at his body type and athleticism....if he can hit AT ALL...he would be a D1 caliber safety. I don't know if he can.

What does it take to play safety?

Strength (which he has)
Speed (which he has)
Swaggar (which he has)
Size (which he has)
Knowledge of how to play angles (which he has)

The ability to make a tackle and hit (which I don't know if he has)
The ability to read a play (Which I don't know if he has....but there are plenty of D1 safeties without this ability)

Some guys have all the tools but for whatever reason can't play on the field.

If Tubby was 40 years old and still at Tulsa this stat would be appropriate.

Can your statistics get any more irrelevant? The number of people who actually take your posts seriously are dwindling by the second.

I count all of Clem Haskins' NCAA games regardless. He seemed to do much better in mid 1990's than he did in late 1980's.

It's possible to improve.

That's 60 seconds of my life that I'll never get back. Never before has someone (MM) known so little about everything.

Post of the week for me. Whenever I think Myron can't possibly say somethig more inane, he shows me that I continue to underestimate him.

Top Bottom