My NOT DL65-worthy Sports Huddle Recap, 6-15-15

Lakeville Goldy

Reaction score
I'm not DL65, nor do I play him on TV, but here is my best stab at a recap of the Sports Huddle (since I know I prefer reading it rather than listening to it):

Sid: When does the next semester start and will all players report for summer school? JK: Classes start Monday. Some kids literally graduating Friday, showing up Monday. A few kids will be late, but he sounded like they would all participate.

Sid: How many kids have degrees from the U? JK: 10 or 11 have already graduated.

Sid: Proud of academics? Better record than Northwestern. How? JK: Give kids the credit, Jackie Lenich (SP?), coaches, etc. Stay on them. No slack. Hold to high standard. Proud of wins on the field, but more proud of doing well in school.

Sid: Currently have B+ Average, but it was a disaster when you came in, wasn't it? JK: When I got here, had 22 on probation, 4 not on team. Got them all in school, and all graduated. Key word, discipline. Always a few kids that need to be straightened out. Recruit the right players.

Sid: Good relationship with University Police - only one kid got in trouble since you've been here. JK: Don't say that, someone will get in trouble tonight! :) Had only a few - sent 3-4 kids down the road. Still in touch with them, trying to help them. Kids will be kids, need to apply discipline.

Dave: Had kids spend time with the police horses when you first came and some kids hadn't ever seen a horse. JK: had discipline problems when first came here - had kids work with police to teach discipline on the weekends.

Dave: Do you have a buddy system with new kids? JK: Yes - got players assigned to new kids. Have meetings to make sure everyone is doing what is necessary. Older players do a good job making people comfortable. No initiations - once you're here you're part of the team.

Sid: You had a clinic last Sunday - 130 kids - any sleepers? JK: Yes, a few guys that were offered last year, and now a few guys on the list to evaluate for offers. Another camp today, 100 more kids. Gives kids opportunities.

Dave: Tell us about the clinics. JK: Another camp today (so Sun, June 14), youth camp coming Tues and Weds, Junior camp Thurs and Fri. Then done with camps for a while, couple in (inaudible). Gone well. Compliments to kids in the camp. Kids busting tailends regardless of size or ability.

Sid: If a father wants to send his son to camp, he'll be much better after your camp. What number do they call to sign up? JK: Call 612-206-5613.

I'm not DL65, nor do I play him on TV, but here is my best stab at a recap of the Sports Huddle (since I know I prefer reading it rather than listening to it):

Sid: When does the next semester start and will all players report for summer school? JK: Classes start Monday. Some kids literally graduating Friday, showing up Monday. A few kids will be late, but he sounded like they would all participate.

Sid: How many kids have degrees from the U? JK: 10 or 11 have already graduated.

Sid: Proud of academics? Better record than Northwestern. How? JK: Give kids the credit, Jackie Lenich (SP?), coaches, etc. Stay on them. No slack. Hold to high standard. Proud of wins on the field, but more proud of doing well in school.

Sid: Currently have B+ Average, but it was a disaster when you came in, wasn't it? JK: When I got here, had 22 on probation, 4 not on team. Got them all in school, and all graduated. Key word, discipline. Always a few kids that need to be straightened out. Recruit the right players.

Sid: Good relationship with University Police - only one kid got in trouble since you've been here. JK: Don't say that, someone will get in trouble tonight! :) Had only a few - sent 3-4 kids down the road. Still in touch with them, trying to help them. Kids will be kids, need to apply discipline.

Dave: Had kids spend time with the police horses when you first came and some kids hadn't ever seen a horse. JK: had discipline problems when first came here - had kids work with police to teach discipline on the weekends.

Dave: Do you have a buddy system with new kids? JK: Yes - got players assigned to new kids. Have meetings to make sure everyone is doing what is necessary. Older players do a good job making people comfortable. No initiations - once you're here you're part of the team.

Sid: You had a clinic last Sunday - 130 kids - any sleepers? JK: Yes, a few guys that were offered last year, and now a few guys on the list to evaluate for offers. Another camp today, 100 more kids. Gives kids opportunities.

Dave: Tell us about the clinics. JK: Another camp today (so Sun, June 14), youth camp coming Tues and Weds, Junior camp Thurs and Fri. Then done with camps for a while, couple in (inaudible). Gone well. Compliments to kids in the camp. Kids busting tailends regardless of size or ability.

Sid: If a father wants to send his son to camp, he'll be much better after your camp. What number do they call to sign up? JK: Call 612-206-5613.

Look out, DL!!!! You have competition.

Thanks Lakeville!

Lakeville, a great job. I was cleaning the car and Sid and Dave had the Star Tribune Publisher on, that was nothing more than a promo. When Coach Kill came on, it was Sid, but it was painful. I think he is now being given the questions to ask. I was finishing the windows and he was asking the question how many of this years players have graduated. I heard the answer. And that was enough for me.

Thank You

Appreciate the report. Thank you!

Top Bottom