My new second favorite basketball coach.

Probably nothing posted because he didn't really say anything. He didn't suggest solutions or a way to avoid what happened. He just said he hopes something happens for the better. Not even sure that story was worth publishing, much less posting. Everyone feels the way this guy feels.

Probably nothing posted because he didn't really say anything. He didn't suggest solutions or a way to avoid what happened. He just said he hopes something happens for the better. Not even sure that story was worth publishing, much less posting. Everyone feels the way this guy feels.

Thank you Ebenezer. :)

He should absolutely teach his children & players to never commit mass shootings.

He should absolutely teach his children & players to never commit mass shootings.

If that's all you got from his speech, I'm glad I don't know you.....

I commend the guy, not what he said, but more how he said it. A lot of people wouldn't use that mic time in the fashion he did. I haven't heard or seen any celebrities really stand up and make a difference, this was a call to action.

I was inspired by his words.

If that's all you got from his speech, I'm glad I don't know you.....

I commend the guy, not what he said, but more how he said it. A lot of people wouldn't use that mic time in the fashion he did. I haven't heard or seen any celebrities really stand up and make a difference, this was a call to action.

I was inspired by his words.

What did he use his "mic" to say? That he felt awful about the tragedy and that he hopes it doesn't happen again? I think 99% of the United States shares those feelings. If he were going to use his "mic" then he should have lobbied for some specific change.

What did he use his "mic" to say? That he felt awful about the tragedy and that he hopes it doesn't happen again? I think 99% of the United States shares those feelings. If he were going to use his "mic" then he should have lobbied for some specific change.

Do you honestly think any one specific change will fix this issue? There is no easy fix to this problem, and a Basketball Coach from Winthrop certainly doesn't have the answer. The country needs a cultural change more than anything not more laws, not more guns.

What I thought was meaningful, and I said so in my post, was that it was a Call to Action of our leaders, Political, Athletes, Parents, Coaches, to step up and be advocates of change. I also like what he said about not voting for Obama, but he will still follow him. I'm in that camp as well, I hate Obama, but he's my leader now, I would love for him to LEAD (now his leadership style maybe another conversation but this isn't a political website).

So yeah, I liked what he did with the "Mic" because it was something a lot of other leaders in this country would not and have not done.

Do you honestly think any one specific change will fix this issue? There is no easy fix to this problem, and a Basketball Coach from Winthrop certainly doesn't have the answer. The country needs a cultural change more than anything not more laws, not more guns.

What I thought was meaningful, and I said so in my post, was that it was a Call to Action of our leaders, Political, Athletes, Parents, Coaches, to step up and be advocates of change. I also like what he said about not voting for Obama, but he will still follow him. I'm in that camp as well, I hate Obama, but he's my leader now, I would love for him to LEAD (now his leadership style maybe another conversation but this isn't a political website).

So yeah, I liked what he did with the "Mic" because it was something a lot of other leaders in this country would not and have not done.

At least we can agree on one thing, Obama is a terrible President. I just don't think this coach deserves the excessive praise he received for saying "Hey! This situation isn't good, let's change it!" Find me a person that doesn't feel that way. The real question is how do we fix it? He didn't even offer his opinion on that, if he had, that would have been something more commendable and worth using his "mic" for.

Top Bottom