My Golden Gopher Football Program is standing tall, fighting hard AND...

imthewalrus

Reaction score
is very well-coached by a VETERAN Big Ten Coach and a veteran Big Ten Staff that has once again PROVED that they DO belong and DO need to be running this Football Program! The win over Northwestern removes ANY chance of a winless Big Ten Season. The Staff Members DO face the challenges of game planning, game management, ability to be flexible within their own roles on the staff AND expanded roles when necessary, player development, motivating skills AND the SELF-CONFIDENCE, knowledge, desire, drive, and COURAGE to CARRY ON when the going gets tough, that a Big Ten Coaching Staff must be able to provide for their players. This Coach and this staff CAN and WILL carry on regardless of what may be. They are veterans and they are prepared and they ARE organized!

Let there be NO question about this coach and this staff being ready, willing and able to lead my Golden Gopher Football Program...your Golden Gopher Football Program...OUR Golden Gopher Football Program through the challenges of building a GOOD, SOLID Big Ten Football Team and making this a program for us all to be proud of!

Of course there is much work to be done. And, of course, every coaching staff in the Big Ten will be trying to improve their programs and will be good, solid coaching staffs. Nothing about competing in the Big Ten Conference in Football ever has been or will be without significant challenge. And NOBODY is going to merely hand my Golden Gopher Football Team a win. Any Conference win IS a signature win and is something to be appreciated, valued and HONORED.

In my mind, this Coach and this Staff are BIG TEN all the way! They do belong. They will stay. They are the BEST fit for my Golden Gopher Football Program at this time and they have earned all the support I can give them. That may not mean much, but, it is the best I can do.

And to the players: I love your heart, competitive spirit, athletic ability, TEAM SPIRIT!

That was one hellofa game at Ryan Field that I had the honor and privilege of seeing yesterday. Well done Coach...Well done Staff...Well done players! Thank you for a GREAT memory and a Great Road Trip for this old Golden Gopher Football Fan!

And pretty much the same caliber it's been the last 40 years.

See it any way you want lesbolstad: YOU get EXACTLY what YOU deserve old scowl-faced moniker. Every Football season is a collection of games. The game I saw yesterday was a GREAT game. The experience I had with Golden Gopher Football yesterday was a GREAT experience. It was a WIN for my Golden Gopher Football Team...and it was a GREAT win.

I could care less how YOU experienced it, lesbolstad, you old scowl-faced moniker. You can do with that win what you want to do with it. However, I sure as heck will be willing to contrast any negativity YOU want to try to assign that GREAT win MY Golden Gopher Football Team had yesterday.

Go into your corner or where ever you reside. You don't detract from the experience...the GREAT experience I had making the trip to Evanston, being at the game, watching the Staff work, watching the kids play and experiencing a GREAT College Game on a FANTASTIC college campus in the heart of BIG TEN COUNTRY.

You are going to pass from the face of the earth one of these days old scowl-faced moniker just as I will pass from the face of the earth one of these days. In the end, having the chance to be at a GREAT college football game the way I did yesterday will be one of the WONDERFUL memories I will have that just may flash before my eyes as my time draws near. You can be an old scowl-faced moniker all you want...but...I really did enjoy those hours that I spent watching MY Golden Gophers get a GREAT win on October 19, 2013 in Evanston, IL. I made the trip with my brother. I had a chance to visit with some wonderful Golden Gopher Fans I have had the opportunity to meet along the way. NO college football fan from the Big Ten Conference...tOSU, wisky, Michigan, or even exotic places such as Alabama, Notre Dame, Oregon or any other college football fan enjoyed a win yesterday any MORE than I enjoyed my Gopher's win over Northwestern!

There are always a lot of ways to look at things. You are certainly entitled to view things any way you want old scowl-faced moniker person. And so am I! Yesterdays win was a GREAT win in my book and is a win that I certainly will be able to recall for the rest of my days. Conference wins HELP my Golden Gopher Football Program. Because of yesterday's win, my Golden Gopher Football Program is just a little bit better than it was before that win.

And life is REALLY good lesbolstad, you old career scowl-faced moniker person...

Great message, wished I would have been there

See it any way you want lesbolstad: YOU get EXACTLY what YOU deserve old scowl-faced moniker. Every Football season is a collection of games. The game I saw yesterday was a GREAT game. The experience I had with Golden Gopher Football yesterday was a GREAT experience. It was a WIN for my Golden Gopher Football Team...and it was a GREAT win.

I could care less how YOU experienced it, lesbolstad, you old scowl-faced moniker. You can do with that win what you want to do with it. However, I sure as heck will be willing to contrast any negativity YOU want to try to assign that GREAT win MY Golden Gopher Football Team had yesterday.

Go into your corner or where ever you reside. You don't detract from the experience...the GREAT experience I had making the trip to Evanston, being at the game, watching the Staff work, watching the kids play and experiencing a GREAT College Game on a FANTASTIC college campus in the heart of BIG TEN COUNTRY.

You are going to pass from the face of the earth one of these days old scowl-faced moniker just as I will pass from the face of the earth one of these days. In the end, having the chance to be at a GREAT college football game the way I did yesterday will be one of the WONDERFUL memories I will have that just may flash before my eyes as my time draws near. You can be an old scowl-faced moniker all you want...but...I really did enjoy those hours that I spent watching MY Golden Gophers get a GREAT win on October 19, 2013 in Evanston, IL. I made the trip with my brother. I had a chance to visit with some wonderful Golden Gopher Fans I have had the opportunity to meet along the way. NO college football fan from the Big Ten Conference...tOSU, wisky, Michigan, or even exotic places such as Alabama, Notre Dame, Oregon or any other college football fan enjoyed a win yesterday any MORE than I enjoyed my Gopher's win over Northwestern!

There are always a lot of ways to look at things. You are certainly entitled to view things any way you want old scowl-faced moniker person. And so am I! Yesterdays win was a GREAT win in my book and is a win that I certainly will be able to recall for the rest of my days. Conference wins HELP my Golden Gopher Football Program. Because of yesterday's win, my Golden Gopher Football Program is just a little bit better than it was before that win.

And life is REALLY good lesbolstad, you old career scowl-faced moniker person...

Your 200% correct, I wish I could've been there, but my heart was.

is very well-coached by a VETERAN Big Ten Coach and a veteran Big Ten Staff that has once again PROVED that they DO belong and DO need to be running this Football Program! The win over Northwestern removes ANY chance of a winless Big Ten Season. The Staff Members DO face the challenges of game planning, game management, ability to be flexible within their own roles on the staff AND expanded roles when necessary, player development, motivating skills AND the SELF-CONFIDENCE, knowledge, desire, drive, and COURAGE to CARRY ON when the going gets tough, that a Big Ten Coaching Staff must be able to provide for their players. This Coach and this staff CAN and WILL carry on regardless of what may be. They are veterans and they are prepared and they ARE organized!

Let there be NO question about this coach and this staff being ready, willing and able to lead my Golden Gopher Football Program...your Golden Gopher Football Program...OUR Golden Gopher Football Program through the challenges of building a GOOD, SOLID Big Ten Football Team and making this a program for us all to be proud of!

Of course there is much work to be done. And, of course, every coaching staff in the Big Ten will be trying to improve their programs and will be good, solid coaching staffs. Nothing about competing in the Big Ten Conference in Football ever has been or will be without significant challenge. And NOBODY is going to merely hand my Golden Gopher Football Team a win. Any Conference win IS a signature win and is something to be appreciated, valued and HONORED.

In my mind, this Coach and this Staff are BIG TEN all the way! They do belong. They will stay. They are the BEST fit for my Golden Gopher Football Program at this time and they have earned all the support I can give them. That may not mean much, but, it is the best I can do.

And to the players: I love your heart, competitive spirit, athletic ability, TEAM SPIRIT!

That was one hellofa game at Ryan Field that I had the honor and privilege of seeing yesterday. Well done Coach...Well done Staff...Well done players! Thank you for a GREAT memory and a Great Road Trip for this old Golden Gopher Football Fan!

LOVE WHAT YOU WROTE WREN! LET'S ALL SUPPORT THIS TEAM! IT WILL ONLY HELP THE END RESULT. GO GOPHERS AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT VICTORY!!!!!!!!

Hank, if your heart was with the Gophers in Evanston, you SPIRIT was there and helped our Gophers play well, coach well and figure out a way to win that game!

Go Gophers! Beat Nebraska.

Happy for you walrus and thanks for your support of the program. I was not at yesterday's game but did attend the previous game we won at NW. It is very rewarding to attend away games that we win and one should never apologize for seeing the glass half full when it comes to Gopher football (in my case, the suds overflow the glass a bit due to my rose-bowl colored glasses). Embrace something in your life and have fun with it because life is too short to be Debbie downer all the time.

Go Gophers!

wren - Thanks for your thoughts. As you are well aware of it is tough to be a Gopher fan. The good news is that things are getting better even though some refuse to accept this. You probably don't remember this but it was me who originally told you "don't let the bastards get you down." In retrospect, you already knew that.

Sorry killjoy: my "...never let the ba$tards get you down..." originated from a piece of advice my Dad gave me when I was a much younger man. I was facing a bit of a situation in which I needed to decide if I should just pay a "questionable" charge for some less than satisfactory work that had been done on the older first home I had purchased shortly after getting out of the Service. I told my Dad about the situation and he calmly replied to me: "...if I were you I'd fight the ba$tards..." I did just that and was able to reach an agreement with the contractor that provided fair compromise for each of us. It worked out really well!

So, of course, when you and the leekers and dopodoll and that wild animal with the keyboard attached where the sun won't shine, et al have worked your little games, it became apparent to me that I SHOULD just fight the ba$tards and NEVER let the ba$tards get ME down. I have been very generous in passing that great advice on to others.

I'll take what you say with a grain of salt...as always. After you have attached yourself to so many of my posts, I would never...could never...should NEVER take anything you say seriously.

I WILL guarantee you though that I Do always just fight the ba$tards...and I NEVER let the ba$tards get me down. Let's just say: I know you and I know what you and your kind are capable of trying to do to make mischief on a board such as GOPHERHOLE. You are what you are...and I NEVER let you get me down...

; 0 )

LOL wren - I think we can say brevity isn't your strength. I also expect taking advice isn't one of them either, but anyway take care.

+1 I had planned to go but illness in the family became more important. I watched, worried, clapped and cheered in front of my TV. I always appreciate your positive attitute about OUR Golden Gophers and agree whole heartedly that Coach Kill and staff are the ones!

Remember where this program was just 3 short years ago - very little real B10 football talent, terrible discipline and routinely being beat by under-classed opponents. At this point we got two of these three things turned around. This will slowly lead to more wins and more positive energy round the program. Then we will start to snag more and more talent. JK inherited a complete mess and his hard work is turning this thing around.

imthewalrus,

1. Thank you for representing me (in spirit) at Dyche Stadium Saturday. I am proud of all the Golden Gophers, but I am extra proud of our defense. James Manuel's pick six and Ra'Shede Hageman's interception and run back trying to keep his balance were just sheer joy and happiness to watch.

2. Nebraska Cornhuskers will be coming to TCF Bank Stadium expecting to push us all over the field. History suggests this is what will happen. But you never know. I know this person whom I consider a good friend who says, "That is why we play the games." 26 October 2013 might just be the date that the Nebraska curse which has beleaguered us since 28 September 1963 is lifted. You might just be able to start chanting "1963! 1963! 1963! 1963!" much like we chanted "1949! 1949! 1949! 1949!" in Ohio Stadium on 14 October 2000.

I bought tickets from the 1st scalper I saw for $35 each after some bargaining. A little disappointed as they were row 20 at the 10 yard line. But Manuel got his pick 6 right there and the fumble recovery and subsequent FG as well as the 4th quarter NU TD pass happened right in front of us. Overall a great game day experience.

Wren, I agree with your thoughts. However, I have to ask, why do your posts read like a multi-level market, pyramid scheme for Gopher Football? What's with the caps?

Anyway, why call me out in your other post? People may whine about my posts, but it's very rare for me to ever bad mouth the program. Are you upset because of the time I asked if you had a statue of a naked Glen Mason in your bedroom, to compliment his portrait on your headboard? If so, all apologies.

Kelly Leeks,

Why are you apologizing? You clearly meant what you typed, and you enjoyed it. Your apology rings hollow, is disingenuous, and it is at best insulting.

Kelly Leeks,

Why are you apologizing? You clearly meant what you typed, and you enjoyed it. Your apology rings hollow, is disingenuous, and it is at best insulting.

6 Nov, 1999: I would suggest merely ignoring this leeks character.

SKI-U-MAH!

Beat Nebaska!

Nice post wren. I was jealous of everyone who attended yesterday. Looked like a good turnout of Gopher fans and would have been a great time.

Nice post wren. I was jealous of everyone who attended yesterday. Looked like a good turnout of Gopher fans and would have been a great time.

There was a great turnout of Gopher Fans. The trip to NU is one of my favorites. The games have usually been highly competitive games and I have been there for games vs. Barnett's teams...Walker's teams and Fitzgerald's teams. I also recall Fitzgerald's playing days at NU. One year my wife, two daughters and I were there for a down pour (I think it rained something like 2 1/2 inches during game time. NU won a close one that year. However, every other year I have been there, the weather has been pretty decent and the games have always been pretty highly competitive, exciting games.

I think this was as large a Gopher turn out as I have seen there.

There was a great turnout of Gopher Fans. The trip to NU is one of my favorites. The games have usually been highly competitive games and I have been there for games vs. Barnett's teams...Walker's teams and Fitzgerald's teams. I also recall Fitzgerald's playing days at NU. One year my wife, two daughters and I were there for a down pour (I think it rained something like 2 1/2 inches during game time. NU won a close one that year. However, every other year I have been there, the weather has been pretty decent and the games have always been pretty highly competitive, exciting games.

This post is proof that you have the ability to be a normal person. Why can't you just type like this all of the time instead of ranting like a lunatic?

............ I have never been to a gopher away game. Or even to the new stadium. But I hope to move back to Minnesota with my loving wife by next season, and hope to see you and other gopherholers at some games next year.

Go gophers!

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

I agree...calm down with the caps. One win over a non-ranked Big Ten team and all of a sudden its "Nobody's gonna stop us now". Its a good win, but I think Wren needs to save a post like that for when we rattle off a few more.

Wren, I agree with your thoughts. However, I have to ask, why do your posts read like a multi-level market, pyramid scheme for Gopher Football? What's with the caps?

Anyway, why call me out in your other post? People may whine about my posts, but it's very rare for me to ever bad mouth the program. Are you upset because of the time I asked if you had a statue of a naked Glen Mason in your bedroom, to compliment his portrait on your headboard? If so, all apologies.

Brew's squad beat the Cats, a team that went 5-3 in the Big Ten, by 11 in Evanston in his third year....just sayin'

I agree...calm down with the caps. One win over a non-ranked Big Ten team and all of a sudden its "Nobody's gonna stop us now". Its a good win, but I think Wren needs to save a post like that for when we rattle off a few more.

goldenumngopher: I DON'T do anything for you or people like you. I EMPHASIZE the need to be an individual with the way I use the internet to communicate about my Golden Gopher Football Program and Team. I do the internet the way I do the internet. Basically, buzz off if you don't like to read the way I emphasize some points. For some of you more obnoxious people, I do it just to tick you off. But it is MY choice...and it is NOT your choice goldenumngopher.

Now, about my excitement about THIS Golden Gopher win. Some of you have been building a case against Coach Kill with his health concerns. Some of you would like to see Coach Kill out as the Golden Gopher Football Coach. I don't know who the hell you think would come in to take over? Some nobody that has never done anything? (Brewster-like-dude/dudette?) Coach Kill will be here just as long as Coach Kill decides to be here. You see, with THIS win, the chance of my Gophers going winless in Conference play in the 2013 season has totally been removed from the situation that is playing out in this most difficult of seasons. ANY modern era Football Coach at the University of Minnesota who has gone ZERO for the Conference Schedule has dug himself such a deep hole that he has NOT been able to survive more than a couple of seasons following that tragic winless in the conference season. Smokey Joe was GONE. That Brewster was removed MID_SEASON a few years after a Big Ten winless season.

I don't know how many more wins my Gophers will achieve during this 2013 Conference season. However, in spite of ALL odds, Coach Kill and his Staff put together a game plan and the players executed that game plan and they WON in Evanston. Coach Kill's job is HIS job as long as he determines the way this will play out.

The OTHER thing this win accomplishes is to show all those who believe in this Coach and this Staff as well as the doubters that the plan that is in place IS a plan that provides for GREAT, professional leadership for my Golden Gopher Football Program....your GGFP and OUR GGFP. This STAFF is fully capable of taking over to what ever degree they may need to take over the day to day management of this Football Program.

A total change of leadership within this program at this point in time would be a disaster for the next decade. Everything is in place. Coach Kill and his Staff are the one...the ONLY coaching team that Golden Gopher Football wants...needs and will have.

The threat of a winless conference season is NOT a possibility. Coach Kill and his Staff will be in charge for a LONG time. The journalists can NOT hurt this leadership team. Negative fans can NOT hurt this leadership team. There is MUCH work to do. But even IF my Gophers don't win another Conference Game this season...they have won the ONE that counts! And, I have a hunch this team of coaches and this team of players is NOT done yet this season. They just MAY win OUR Golden Gophers a bowl invitation in this 2013 season yet. NOW, that is a possibility. And what more given all the facts and happenings of this season as well as the building process that is occurring within the program can ANY reasonable fan, journalist or person with interest of any kind in Gopher Football ask? A chance...just the chance to keep this improvement happening. And, believe me, in this third year under the direction of Coach Kill and his Staff we ARE seeing continued growth and improvement. We have NOT arrived, but we ARE in the middle of a very interesting and at times exciting journey.

And THAT is the reason I am so darned excited and fired up about the win over Northwestern last Saturday. In a sense it was as BIG a win as I have seen in quite a while. NO ONE can say that this coach and this staff do not belong in this conference. Now, we need to find ways to beg, borrow and steal some more Conference wins. We are ONE Conference win away from a bowl invitation. We NEED as many bowl invitations as we can get because that is the ONLY way for this program to display it's improvement. Give 'em hell Golden Gophers Football TEAM!

goldenumngopher: I DON'T do anything for you or people like you. I EMPHASIZE the need to be an individual with the way I use the internet to communicate about my Golden Gopher Football Program and Team. I do the internet the way I do the internet. Basically, buzz off if you don't like to read the way I emphasize some points. For some of you more obnoxious people, I do it just to tick you off. But it is MY choice...and it is NOT your choice goldenumngopher.

Now, about my excitement about THIS Golden Gopher win. Some of you have been building a case against Coach Kill with his health concerns. Some of you would like to see Coach Kill out as the Golden Gopher Football Coach. I don't know who the hell you think would come in to take over? Some nobody that has never done anything? (Brewster-like-dude/dudette?) Coach Kill will be here just as long as Coach Kill decides to be here. You see, with THIS win, the chance of my Gophers going winless in Conference play in the 2013 season has totally been removed from the situation that is playing out in this most difficult of seasons. ANY modern era Football Coach at the University of Minnesota who has gone ZERO for the Conference Schedule has dug himself such a deep hole that he has NOT been able to survive more than a couple of seasons following that tragic winless in the conference season. Smokey Joe was GONE. That Brewster was removed MID_SEASON a few years after a Big Ten winless season.

I don't know how many more wins my Gophers will achieve during this 2013 Conference season. However, in spite of ALL odds, Coach Kill and his Staff put together a game plan and the players executed that game plan and they WON in Evanston. Coach Kill's job is HIS job as long as he determines the way this will play out.

The OTHER thing this win accomplishes is to show all those who believe in this Coach and this Staff as well as the doubters that the plan that is in place IS a plan that provides for GREAT, professional leadership for my Golden Gopher Football Program....your GGFP and OUR GGFP. This STAFF is fully capable of taking over to what ever degree they may need to take over the day to day management of this Football Program.

A total change of leadership within this program at this point in time would be a disaster for the next decade. Everything is in place. Coach Kill and his Staff are the one...the ONLY coaching team that Golden Gopher Football wants...needs and will have.

The threat of a winless conference season is NOT a possibility. Coach Kill and his Staff will be in charge for a LONG time. The journalists can NOT hurt this leadership team. Negative fans can NOT hurt this leadership team. There is MUCH work to do. But even IF my Gophers don't win another Conference Game this season...they have won the ONE that counts! And, I have a hunch this team of coaches and this team of players is NOT done yet this season. They just MAY win OUR Golden Gophers a bowl invitation in this 2013 season yet. NOW, that is a possibility. And what more given all the facts and happenings of this season as well as the building process that is occurring within the program can ANY reasonable fan, journalist or person with interest of any kind in Gopher Football ask? A chance...just the chance to keep this improvement happening. And, believe me, in this third year under the direction of Coach Kill and his Staff we ARE seeing continued growth and improvement. We have NOT arrived, but we ARE in the middle of a very interesting and at times exciting journey.

And THAT is the reason I am so darned excited and fired up about the win over Northwestern last Saturday. In a sense it was as BIG a win as I have seen in quite a while. NO ONE can say that this coach and this staff do not belong in this conference. Now, we need to find ways to beg, borrow and steal some more Conference wins. We are ONE Conference win away from a bowl invitation. We NEED as many bowl invitations as we can get because that is the ONLY way for this program to display it's improvement. Give 'em hell Golden Gophers Football TEAM!

How about Beth Mowins? She could get halfway through her pregame speech before she realizes she has been referring to us as Northwestern.

Top Bottom