Mutaf?

They’re protecting themselves from cv19 infection risks, because the US has been a POS when it comes to controlling the spread of the disease. Makes perfect sense.

China’s outbreak has been well under control for months. Makes zero sense.

Also, what does it have to do with Turkey??
So you think that we should open up American universities giving US students foreign competition while foreign universities are largely closed to American students?

So you want the government of the United States to give our kids increased competition while not creating increased opportunity for them?

Because that’s what opening up to new students from abroad would do right now. And it’s fine if you think we should. But hopefully you understand why a lot of Americans would be against a policy like that.

So you think that we should open up American universities giving US students foreign competition while foreign universities are largely closed to American students?

So you want the government of the United States to give our kids increased competition while not creating increased opportunity for them?

Because that’s what opening up to new students from abroad would do right now. And it’s fine if you think we should. But hopefully you understand why a lot of Americans would be against a policy like that.
First para: most of the best universities in the world are already in the US, so most US students don't apply to foreign universities. And the top foreign universities in countries like India and China are so overburdened with applications, that US students would never get in there anyway. So your statement never made sense, to begin with. And I hate to break it to you, but the fact is: most US undergrads just want to get a job and get paid lots of bucks. Most don't give a crap about getting an advanced degree. That's why we have to import so many grad students from overseas in the first place.

Second para: again, doesn't make sense. They've been coming here for grad school, for many years already, to make up for the US students who don't want it.

Lots of Americans don't know jack squat about a lot of things, but can get riled up and excited about something they know nothing about, very easily, listening to conservative media. Quite sad, really.

First para: most of the best universities in the world are already in the US, so most US students don't apply to foreign universities. And the top foreign universities in countries like India and China are so overburdened with applications, that US students would never get in there anyway. So your statement never made sense, to begin with. And I hate to break it to you, but the fact is: most US undergrads just want to get a job and get paid lots of bucks. Most don't give a crap about getting an advanced degree. That's why we have to import so many grad students from overseas in the first place.

Second para: again, doesn't make sense. They've been coming here for grad school, for many years already, to make up for the US students who don't want it.

Lots of Americans don't know jack squat about a lot of things, but can get riled up and excited about something they know nothing about, very easily, listening to conservative media. Quite sad, really.
For sure all those things you said are true.
But the reason the democrats don’t always win elections is because rather than understanding perceptions and point of views of conservative Americans they take condescending tones and accuse people of not knowing anything.

Good job of helping republicans by coming across like an ass on this board by the way (and this is coming from me, a Democrat)

For sure all those things you said are true.
But the reason the democrats don’t always win elections is because rather than understanding perceptions and point of views of conservative Americans they take condescending tones and accuse people of not knowing anything.

Good job of helping republicans by coming across like an ass on this board by the way (and this is coming from me, a Democrat)
Fake, conspiracy perceptions should be dismissed, and belittled. They don't deserve to be taken seriously, and empathy shouldn't be bestowed upon those holding them. That is silly.

Fake, conspiracy perceptions should be dismissed, and belittled. They don't deserve to be taken seriously, and empathy shouldn't be bestowed upon those holding them. That is silly.
Saying that some Americans probably don’t want America opened up to foreigners while foreign countries are closed to Americans isn’t fake or a conspiracy.

So you must have this discussion mistaken for another discussion

when you label any policy disagreement as fake or a conspiracy you’re no better than trump himself

Saying people who disagree with you don’t deserve empathy but deserve to be belittled is exactly what is wrong with America today

Last edited:

Don't want them fornnnners in our country!!! Go back where ya came from!!!

Already explained the correct truth: they were already here, and have already been coming here, and haven't been taking the spots away from Americans, for many years.

You don't care about facts and evidence, and want to believe the narrative you want to believe.

Don't want them fornnnners in our country!!! Go back where ya came from!!!

Already explained the correct truth: they were already here, and have already been coming here, and haven't been taking the spots away from Americans, for many years.

You don't care about facts and evidence, and want to believe the narrative you want to believe.
People who don’t have student visas are not already here. That’s false.

thanks for proving my point in post 33

you’re an ass

People who don’t have student visas are not already here. That’s false.

thanks for proving my point in post 33

you’re an ass
Gross bigoted narratives deserve no sympathy.

Gross bigoted narratives deserve no sympathy.
No one is asking for sympathy

You are the exact problem with your society. You can’t handle when someone has a different opinion than you.
you can’t even have a discussion with someone who shares your opinion (me) about others who don’t.
You are a sad immature person.

I'll wait here for you to link to a credible report from a western reporter inside China that they haven't opened the country back up and that cv19 cases have halted.

Obviously you're going to choose to believe whatever you want to believe, regardless that no evidence exists to support the fake conspiracy hypothesis.

Also, again, what does this have to do with Turkey?
Fake conspiracy hypothesis? In April, China reported fewer cases than PERU. A rural country with 2% of China's population. I don't see why you'd believe the obviously misappropriated reports of a country who is on record for detaining various ethnic groups in concentration camps and forcefully organ harvesting from prisoners but you do you.

Fake conspiracy hypothesis? In April, China reported fewer cases than PERU. A rural country with 2% of China's population. I don't see why you'd believe the obviously misappropriated reports of a country who is on record for detaining various ethnic groups in concentration camps and forcefully organ harvesting from prisoners but you do you.
Which country other than China required all people to stay locked in their homes?

That’s why it makes sense, of course.

Last two points have nothing to do with anything. You might have well said “I can’t believe you trust people who built a Great Wall across their country”. Silly

No one is asking for sympathy

You are the exact problem with your society. You can’t handle when someone has a different opinion than you.
you can’t even have a discussion with someone who shares your opinion (me) about others who don’t.
You are a sad immature person.
When the opinion gets gross enough — as this one objective is — it doesn’t deserved to be “handled” or “have a discussion” with. You don’t think the leader of the KKK should get to have a discussion about why all non-whites should be banished from the country.

Racist bigotry is racist bigotry. And it had to be stamped out, like the cockroach that it is.

Which country other than China required all people to stay locked in their homes?

That’s why it makes sense, of course.

Last two points have nothing to do with anything. You might have well said “I can’t believe you trust people who built a Great Wall across their country”. Silly
You're exposing yourself as a complete clown. I would think a country that is actively committing crimes against humanity (China) and has been known to censor information would lose some credibility in their reports.

You're exposing yourself as a complete clown. I would think a country that is actively committing crimes against humanity (China) and has been known to censor information would lose some credibility in their reports.
Western reporters have been there for months.

Occam’s razor. Which is the simpler explanation? China is an authoritarian regime that can command an entire city of 10M+ to stay locked inside their homes, and therefore short-circuited its outbreak? Or they have more deaths per X population than the US does and are covering up everything, burning the bodies in secret graves, while nothing being able to leak out, with western reporters in the country?

Don’t be such a gullible Fox News sheep.

Wait who is this Mutaf person again? Not sure what happened above but somehow me thinks we are just a bit off topic. It’s going to be tough for him to get a visa right now, lots of consulates are closed or limiting that function. Plus he’s a first timer which makes it even tougher. My daughters roomie is trying to come from Poland, been here already, plays on the schools tennis team, not having much luck at the moment.

You're gullible if you trust any of China's fake Covid-19 reports that they've released. They could've significantly lowered virus cases worldwide if they acted on the whistleblower's reports instead of silencing him. It's debatable that the CCP should be charged with crimes against humanity for what they did and failed to do but I digress.

Don't blame China for the $hitshow that is the U.S. Covid-19 response. We had many months to get our act together. Instead we got...Demon Sperm.

Wait who is this Mutaf person again? Not sure what happened above but somehow me thinks we are just a bit off topic. It’s going to be tough for him to get a visa right now, lots of consulates are closed or limiting that function. Plus he’s a first timer which makes it even tougher. My daughters roomie is trying to come from Poland, been here already, plays on the schools tennis team, not having much luck at the moment.
I think judging by the posts he is a player from china. That may have the covid-19. Also he is a conspiracist that helped build wall of china. And has a kkk friend. I either got it or just skimmed the comments.

The conversation in regards to Mutaf has derailed into a pissing match, but I think I can offer some insight, as I work with international students who often attend university in the U.S.

1. The absence of international students to campuses throughout the U.S. would have major financial ramifications. The "U"'s undergraduate student population is comprised of 5% international students, which works out to 2550 students. The vast majority of intl. students are "full pay" students, meaning they aren't accessing any financial aid-a major reason that they're so enticing (of course, there's several other reasons, but my cynical/pragmatic side recognizes this is the most significant). So, those 2250 undergrads paying full tuition of $33,000/year? That's a big chunk of money. If they live on campus, you add in fees, books, etc.-a much bigger impact on the "U"'s ledger, and that's only undergrads.

Many smaller, liberal arts colleges are already feeling the squeeze of all these factors and we're already seeing the shuttering of doors with coronavirus being the nail or nails in their coffin.

2. The flow of students out of the U.S. to other countries is minuscule when looking at higher ed. A quick search stated that US students studying overseas was roughly 340,000 students in 2017-18. Over a million international students come to study in the U.S. each year, and unlike with the U.S. students, they tend to stay to complete degrees rather than do a study abroad semester.

3. This new "policy" about new international students not being allowed to enter the U.S. is much to do about nothing at this point. Google just about any country's US Embassy page and see what it says about getting an appointment to obtain passports to the States. These kids/students are in limbo, due to those offices not being open. Long before this recent posturing, students were receiving messages from universities that they should not plan on being on campus for first semester, due to the likelihood they would not obtain their visas in time, and they'll need to aim for second semester entry.

4. Finally, don't believe a damn thing you're hearing from China. I lived there for three years and the amount of suppression of information was incomprehensible to me until I experienced it. Western journalists aren't getting anywhere near the reality of what was happening in Wuhan, I think the early reports that we saw from there were due to the government being taken by surprise at its rapid spread, otherwise they would have squashed that news in a heartbeat. And they're not above wiping out their people if they feel it's expedient.

The conversation in regards to Mutaf has derailed into a pissing match, but I think I can offer some insight, as I work with international students who often attend university in the U.S.

1. The absence of international students to campuses throughout the U.S. would have major financial ramifications. The "U"'s undergraduate student population is comprised of 5% international students, which works out to 2550 students. The vast majority of intl. students are "full pay" students, meaning they aren't accessing any financial aid-a major reason that they're so enticing (of course, there's several other reasons, but my cynical/pragmatic side recognizes this is the most significant). So, those 2250 undergrads paying full tuition of $33,000/year? That's a big chunk of money. If they live on campus, you add in fees, books, etc.-a much bigger impact on the "U"'s ledger, and that's only undergrads.

Many smaller, liberal arts colleges are already feeling the squeeze of all these factors and we're already seeing the shuttering of doors with coronavirus being the nail or nails in their coffin.

2. The flow of students out of the U.S. to other countries is minuscule when looking at higher ed. A quick search stated that US students studying overseas was roughly 340,000 students in 2017-18. Over a million international students come to study in the U.S. each year, and unlike with the U.S. students, they tend to stay to complete degrees rather than do a study abroad semester.

3. This new "policy" about new international students not being allowed to enter the U.S. is much to do about nothing at this point. Google just about any country's US Embassy page and see what it says about getting an appointment to obtain passports to the States. These kids/students are in limbo, due to those offices not being open. Long before this recent posturing, students were receiving messages from universities that they should not plan on being on campus for first semester, due to the likelihood they would not obtain their visas in time, and they'll need to aim for second semester entry.

4. Finally, don't believe a damn thing you're hearing from China. I lived there for three years and the amount of suppression of information was incomprehensible to me until I experienced it. Western journalists aren't getting anywhere near the reality of what was happening in Wuhan, I think the early reports that we saw from there were due to the government being taken by surprise at its rapid spread, otherwise they would have squashed that news in a heartbeat. And they're not above wiping out their people if they feel it's expedient.
Great post!

The problem here is point 4 -- and not that you're wrong at all with what you say. But you're talking in generalities, and not at all about specific claims.

Just think about it for a second. Say the IFR for cv19 is 0.1% overall. If China was actually up to even 1/4th of their population having been infected at some point, that would be 350M people infected, and would be several millions of people dead.

Not even China can keep things under wraps like that. Silly to suggest otherwise.

What perhaps you are suggesting, and what I could believe, is maybe China killed, or let die, several thousands of people, early on, in order to prevent many tens if not hundreds of millions of people from being infected. That is, of course, an atrocity, if it happened.

But there is no denying (unless you're a hardcore Fox News/OANN fake narrative believer) that they stopped their pandemic cold in its tracks, using authoritarian measures that no other country could use even if it wanted to.

Last edited:

Great post!

The problem here is point 4 -- and not that you're wrong at all with what you say. But you're talking in generalities, and not at all about specific claims.

Just think about it for a second. Say the IFR for cv19 is 0.1% overall. If China was actually up to even 1/4th of their population having been infected at some point, that would be 350M people infected, and would be several millions of people dead.

Not even China can keep things under wraps like that. Silly to suggest otherwise.

What perhaps you are suggesting, and what I could believe, is maybe China killed, or let die, several thousands of people, early on, in order to prevent many tens if not hundreds of people from being infected. That is, of course, an atrocity, if it happened.

But there is no denying (unless you're a hardcore Fox News/OANN fake narrative believer) that they stopped their pandemic cold in its tracks, using authoritarian measures that no other country could use even if it wanted to.
After all these comments, still waiting for some definitive information re David Mutaf being able to enroll at the U and play basketball for the Goofers.

After all these comments, still waiting for some definitive information re David Mutaf being able to enroll at the U and play basketball for the Goofers.
There is not one yet. In the interview, Pitino said that David could take some time to get to the U with all of the red tape, but he didn't mention that there was any concern about this not being on the team.

Great post!

What perhaps you are suggesting, and what I could believe, is maybe China killed, or let die, several thousands of people, early on, in order to prevent many tens if not hundreds of millions of people from being infected. That is, of course, an atrocity, if it happened.

Just because people disagree with you that China is bullshitting their number of Covid-19 cases doesn't mean their a Fox News fanatic. Not surprised that you'd make such a dumb blanket statement given your other ridiculous takes in this thread though.

Don't blame China for the $hitshow that is the U.S. Covid-19 response. We had many months to get our act together. Instead we got...Demon Sperm.
Not once did I blame China for how poorly the US has responded to the pandemic. Please read my post again - all I said was that China's reports are in no way shape or form to be taken as 'accurate'.

Not once did I blame China for how poorly the US has responded to the pandemic. Please read my post again - all I said was that China's reports are in no way shape or form to be taken as 'accurate'.

China is not trustworthy but make no mistake about it: their Covid burden is three logs lower than ours. Covid 19 is our generation's shame and our president's legacy.

China is not trustworthy but make no mistake about it: their Covid burden is three logs lower than ours. Covid 19 is our generation's shame and our president's legacy.
No it's not, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It has zero to do with Trump. Look squarely at the governors (Cuomo, Walz, Murphy,et al) who screwed up the nursing homes and also the fact that we are a nation of obesity. Look at nations with low obesity levels- covid is like a blip. 36% of Americans are obese and have weak immune systems. Do some homework.

Last edited:

If not a single nursing home/long term care facility patient had ever even got infected with covid19 ...... we’d be exactly in the same position we are in now. The. Exact. Same. Position

New virus, too many unknowns. Too much risk.

It’s easier to tell people to wear masks than to confront the issue that we are a obese unhealthy nation.

edit: let’s keep this on track.

Wonder how critical the first summer with a team is for the development of overseas players is?

I’d speculate it’s more urgent for these guys to get here and adjust to pace and style of play.

Top Bottom