MSU. NW.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
NW jobbed.
At. Every. Turn.

utter garbage.

Demonstration of referee blatant cheating. Blatant.

Big 10 should fire every ref on the floor. Inexcusable.

Michigan state hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record in conference play yet
Michigan 1-3 in conference play with losses to MN and Rutgers and only W against Nebraska

still think Johnson doing a great job. Still think Mn is bottom 3 in the conference (which is better than my preseason assessment of definitely 14)

NW jobbed.
At. Every. Turn.

utter garbage.

Demonstration of referee blatant cheating. Blatant.

Big 10 should fire every ref on the floor. Inexcusable.
That last minute or so was just an abomination of officiating. The refs couldn’t have tried harder to give the game to MSU, but Sparty wouldn’t take advantage. Good on NW for withstanding that and coming out of Breslin with a W.

I’m sorry but I just don’t believe in ref conspiracy theories. Refs could not care less who wins, they simply want to call a fair game. Their job is hard. But I truly don’t believe they favor the elite programs. Maybe I’m in the minority but I think these theories have no basis in reality.

I’m sorry but I just don’t believe in ref conspiracy theories. Refs could not care less who wins, they simply want to call a fair game. Their job is hard. But I truly don’t believe they favor the elite programs. Maybe I’m in the minority but I think these theories have no basis in reality.
I agree with all this…HOWEVER

I 100% agree that at least 51% of officials are horrible and grossly incompetent…so while it looks like a conspiracy at times…it is a lack of competence. I don’t believe referees are good enough to orchestrate a conspiracy

In a disinterested opinion: basketball was a sport I never understood or paid attention to until much later in life. Preferred baseball, hockey and football.
When I first started watching heavy amounts of college basketball, the home/away advantage I observed shocked me, thought it was bizarre this could exist in a sport. I’ve come to accept it now but I definitely believe in the same vein that accomplished programs and/or coaches definitely enjoy a slight benefit of the doubt against no name teams.

Take a look at a replay of the last two minutes of this game. Explain the calls.
It is obvious to anyone who watched exactly what was happening.
Blatant calls going one way. It is yet another disgusting display of officiating dictating outcomes. In this case it didn’t work.
Thank God.

Th

I 100% agree that at least 51% of officials are horrible and grossly incompetent…so while it looks like a conspiracy at times…it is a lack of competence. I don’t believe referees are good enough to orchestrate a conspiracy
These werent incompetent. They were clearly biased. It is destroying any minute semblance of all having a chance to win.

Take a look at a replay of the last two minutes of this game. Explain the calls.
It is obvious to anyone who watched exactly what was happening.
Blatant calls going one way. It is yet another disgusting display of officiating dictating outcomes. In this case it didn’t work.
Thank God.
I watched and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I certainly didn’t see a blatant effort by the refs to dictate the outcome. That very last foul call was a foul, stupid play by the Northwestern defender. Luckily it didn’t cost them.

The best way to improve basketball officiating is for all the basketball rules and officiating experts out there to, instead of complaining anonymously on forums like this, become a basketball referee. Through years of training and hard work, attending officiating camps at your own expense, weekends of youth games, then late night high school games and years later small college conferences, you too can become a D1 basketball official with a mistake free career.

Th

These werent incompetent. They were clearly biased.
The best way to improve basketball officiating is for all the basketball rules and officiating experts out there to, instead of complaining anonymously on forums like this, become a basketball referee. Through years of training and hard work, attending officiating camps at your own expense, weekends of youth games, then late night high school games and years later small college conferences, you too can become a D1 basketball official with a mistake free career.
Mistakes? No way. And stop with woe is me refs.

I watched and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I certainly didn’t see a blatant effort by the refs to dictate the outcome. That very last foul call was a foul, stupid play by the Northwestern defender. Luckily it didn’t cost them.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Exactly my point. Btw no travel either as the player nearest the basket was solid and had the ball.

Thanks for the assist.

Th

These werent incompetent. They were clearly biased.

Mistakes? No way. And stop with woe is me refs.
Woe is me would me be saying I feel bad for them they try hard.
I don’t feel bad for them. Most refs are terrible and shouldn’t be in the profession. Officiating at the college level is more who you know than how good you aRe at both the high school level and college level. For instance at the high school level one of the regional coordinator of officials is widely known as one of the worst officials to get..and he is in charge

Hard to convince new officials to join when you get crappy assignments if you don’t know someone

Basketball is the worst officiated sport. By far.
I think it’s also the toughest to officiate. I just don’t understand why some think that three random refs would rather see MSU win over Northwestern and purposely officiate to make that happen.

I think it’s also the toughest to officiate. I just don’t understand why some think that three random refs would rather see MSU win over Northwestern and purposely officiate to make that happen.
It’s not hard to be consistent yet rarely are games called consistently.
The name is Izzo. The brand is MSU Basketball.

Disagree. It’s really hard to be consistent, that’s why they are so bad at it

Please explain what todays refs had to gain by MSU winning?

Disagree. It’s really hard to be consistent, that’s why they are so bad at it
Nope. End to end it’s obvious they are not being consistent. And after a replay and crowd reactions? They KNOW. Not hard at all.

Nope. End to end it’s obvious they are not being consistent. And after a replay and crowd reactions? They KNOW. Not hard at all.
A lot of times guys try to let them play, but then the game starts to get too chippy and you have to tighten up

or you try to call everything but the game has no flow and you loosen up.

it is extremely difficult to be consistent. If you think you would do it easily I encourage you to become a ref. We need more good ones. The best refs can be consistent most (though not all) of the time. The worst refs struggle. I think over half of refs are the worst.

Better for a premier bb school in a premier college bb conference. IZZO.
I guess you are new to this game.

NW a nobody.
That’s a stretch. And I’ve been attending games since the mid eighties. Not new to this at all. I just don’t buy your ref conspiracy ridiculousness.

That’s a stretch. And I’ve been attending games since the mid eighties. Not new to this at all. I just don’t buy your ref conspiracy ridiculousness.
So there is no favoritism, no calls going one way and not the other in college bb? Yes or no.

Top Bottom