MSU/Minnesota game chat

Guys, its not the refs. You're both better than that.

We shouldn't be down by 10. The refs have been fairly one sided so far. I will again point to the push off by Green at the end of the half. Very clear, extended his arm. They are just letting MSU play much more physical without calling it. Like I said, MSU has clearly been the better team so far, but the refs are certainly helping them, which doesn't surprise me.

It's not the refs. MSU is the worst match up in the Big Ten for the Gophers- worse for us than OSU. We just are not a physical squad.Ralph wilts when he sees contact and strength like this, Ingram is way too small and Elliason is okay but not an offensive threat at all. We will be fine against everyone else but this game is going to be tough. I'm not giving up on it but.....

Hightower sucks but he always sucks. We need a go to guy. Coleman will get going in the second half. We will block out better on the boards and boom it will be barn burner.

MSU dominating in the paint and the boards while Ralph poops his pants. Need to win 2 out of the next 3 and we should be ok.

If we are serious about the post season- win the next 4. This is the best part of the schedule. It gets real tough the last 6 games.
Home to Ill
At Iowa
At Nebraska
Home to Wisky
We can do this.

"This Minnesota team has been dominated in the paint" Gus Johnson. Pretty much tells the story. If Ralph isn't going to contribute you might as well sit him down.

Never said it was only the refs, but you've got to agree that they haven't helped. Not surprising as we're on the road.

Either way, my post there was more just ripping Eddie. We all know he's pretty bad.

Hightower sucks but he always sucks. We need a go to guy. Coleman will get going in the second half. We will block out better on the boards and boom it will be barn burner.

Boom goes the dynamite!

That was a clear charge. Hard to be equally physical when the refs only let one side get away with it.

Illinois is next and then @ Iowa. Still a great chance to get to .500. I think Minnesota will kill Illinois.

More phantom fouls on the Gophers...why isn't Tubby letting the refs have it?

How many team fouls on MSU in 2nd half? Is It 1n1 yet?

Jeez.. Just can't hit any shots tonight it seems.

What are the students chanting when Coleman is shooting free throws?

What are the students chanting when Coleman is shooting free throws?

I was wondering the same thing. I can't make it out at all.

Edit: Well then, thank you mnhoopboy.

good effort tonight. Could have easily been 20+, but they hung in for a while. Wisky, Illinois at home and Neb and Iowa on the road coming up. Need to win 3 out of the 4 to get to .500. doable.

Way too much size for MSU. Completely dominated in the paint.

3 things from tonight.

1. This team cannot handle anyone with size. Green looks like an All-American tonight.
2. We don't have a player that commands the ball when we need to go on a run. No one is taking charge out there.
3. The Izzone owns the Barnyard. The whole section is either singing or chanting in unison on every possession or free throw attempt by the Gophers. Pretty cool...

We shouldn't be down by 10. The refs have been fairly one sided so far. I will again point to the push off by Green at the end of the half. Very clear, extended his arm. They are just letting MSU play much more physical without calling it. Like I said, MSU has clearly been the better team so far, but the refs are certainly helping them, which doesn't surprise me.

My eyes don't lie. We've seen some bad calls this year, but this is the most one-sided I've seen the calls go. It's hard for the Gophers to be as physical as they need to be when they're not allowed. There's just no way to win that game. It's like the Cosby routine when you lose the coin toss.

Gopherocious said:
3 things from tonight.

1. This team cannot handle anyone with size. Green looks like an All-American tonight.
2. We don't have a player that commands the ball when we need to go on a run. No one is taking charge out there.
3. The Izzone owns the Barnyard. The whole section is either singing or chanting in unison on every possession or free throw attempt by the Gophers. Pretty cool...

Agreed on all counts.

Top Bottom