MSHSL to add Class 6A for football

Is Cretin opting up to 6A or will they battle Totino, Mahtomedi, etc. in the new 5A?

They will opt up to 6A, they have been opting up for years to play with the big boys...I don't see why they would stop now.
Totino vs Cretin is typically a whole different ballgame. If you asked the coaches at Totino they would tell you if both schools were trying to get the same 8th grader, Cretin would get him 90% of the time.

I have heard that the 6A schools may go to a more than 8 game schedule....just rumors though.
Edit: I have heard they may be looking into something such as a 10 game schedule where not everybody makes the playoffs for the largest class. Playoffs would be determined by some combonation of stregnth of schedule and record.
Though this is nothing official, they are just looking into it right now.

EP is not that great at football.....

...they are good in the state of Minnesota, yes, but they aren't that great.

I know of a school in Kansas City, MO that has tried more than a couple times to get EP on its schedule and they were declined due to schedule restrictions. Funny, but now that EP can actually play outside the state, that same offer was made, and the offer was still no.

In case anyone is wondering what team I'm talking about, it's the same team who whacked 'Tonka on FSN back in 2008.

I just find it astonishing the arrogance of EP posters when they don't play anyone outside of the state.....and CANADA doesn't count Mikey Grant.

KUFAN: Did Rockhurst give Wayzata a call last year? EP at least had the full 8 games on the schedule. Wayzata unsuccessfully tried to fly a team in from Florida and ended up with 6... Or, is Rockhurst ducking Wayzata? Rockhurst might be good in Missouri, but they'd be absolutely average in the Lake. Missouri Schmuri....

Sorry, but Rockhurst would beat any team in Minnesota by 28+, especially the last 3 years. Next years team would crush, absolutely.

...they are good in the state of Minnesota, yes, but they aren't that great.

I know of a school in Kansas City, MO that has tried more than a couple times to get EP on its schedule and they were declined due to schedule restrictions. Funny, but now that EP can actually play outside the state, that same offer was made, and the offer was still no.

In case anyone is wondering what team I'm talking about, it's the same team who whacked 'Tonka on FSN back in 2008.

I just find it astonishing the arrogance of EP posters when they don't play anyone outside of the state.....and CANADA doesn't count Mikey Grant.

Grant is, and always will be a d-bag. I speak from personal experience as someone who played for him and was a student of his, as well as the opinions of good friends of mine who have worked with him, and have dealt with him as a parent. I have little respect for the man.

Now then, can someone PLEASE explain to me why the MSHSL still keeps adding "A's" to the classes, instead of calling them A, B, C, D etc., or 1, 2, 3 etc.? This reeks of not making people feel bad by saying they won the class H title or something of that sort.

Sorry, but Rockhurst would beat any team in Minnesota by 28+, especially the last 3 years. Next years team would crush, absolutely.

Who fu(&ing cares? Jesus, are you really going to argue about this.

Go on a Wyoming site and dare them to play your beloved Rockhurst, or better yet a Florida site ya dolt.

Top Bottom