MSHSL Boys Basketball State Tournament Thread

Not a great look that we have not currently offered. Creighton and WISCO top teams on him. Iowa as well.
He has six D1 offers. He isn't coming here.

Wayzata’s coach is one of the best
100%. Watching them all year, he's a class act all the way. Calm, respectful, smart. Exactly the kind of coach I'd want my kid to play for. Contrast that with the screaming assclowns that coach Hopkins or STMA.

Saturday Scoreboard -

Class A:
Nevis 62, Sacred Heart 47 (5th place)
Spring Grove 68, Cherry 43 (3rd place)
R-T-R 59, New Life Academy 49 (Championship)

Class 2A:
Holy Family 86, D-G-F 79 (3rd place)
Albany 72, Minnehaha Academy 65 (Championship)

Class 3A:
Orono 67, Alexandria 63 (3rd place)
Totino-Grace 50, DeLaSalle 46 (Championship)

Class 4A:
Lakeville North 83, Eastview 70 (3rd place)
Wayzata 75, Park Center 71 - overtime - (Championship)

and that does it for winter sports. Spring sports will begin when the snow melts...........

If the Gophers haven’t offered McAndrew, they should.
If they haven't offered already it's way to late. I would hope it is because he wasn't interested in the Gophers, if not it seriously questions their ability to evaluate talent. I think he has a better up side than Winter because he shoots lights out. I'm guessing before summers out the Blue Bloods will be calling anyway.

100%. Watching them all year, he's a class act all the way. Calm, respectful, smart. Exactly the kind of coach I'd want my kid to play for. Contrast that with the screaming assclowns that coach Hopkins or STMA.
What about the Park Center coach, excellent in game coaching.

Park Center shot 19/20 at the free throw line, McAndrew was just to much for them, best player I've seen in the tournament since the Jones brothers.

What about the Park Center coach, excellent in game coaching.

Park Center shot 19/20 at the free throw line, McAndrew was just to much for them, best player I've seen in the tournament since the Jones brothers.
Absolutely - PC coach is another very good one. It's the screaming, abusive assholes that I can't stand.

Went to an STMA v. Wayzata game last year, the STMA parents were worse than the coach...just a low class operation.

Last edited:

Went to an STMA v. Wayzata game last year, the STMA parents were worse than the coach...just a low class operation.
STMA's coach was the coach at UM-Crookston for years, which should give you an indication on his level of success, or lack thereof. He also got into some kind of incident where he fell and knocked himself out at a bar.

Chatman is kind of an enigma for Totino Grace, there were times it looked like he was going to take control of the game and then he would disappear for an extended period of time.

I’ve seen multiple people say he’s already told MN no so that might be why. Creighton seems to be the front runner.
Not good that he's not interested but good that they identified him early.

Why haven't the Gophers offered Hayden Tibbets from Wayzata. I know he is short and not recognized as a top talent but that guy is a winner. He is fast, athletic has quick hands , great passer, and facilitator and can hit shots. He plays just like Brad Davidson did for Wisconsin. I'm dead serious tge Gophers need a point guard and thus Tibbits is one of the best for three years in the State. That dude is as competitive as F. I know many will not belive he can play at the Big 10 level, but I'd be willing to bet if he joined tge Gophers he would create turnovers and play great defense. What the Hell do the Gophers have to lose on taking a chance. This dude can play the game of basketball, he is really quick.
He continually got blown by by Cash C. Of Park Center (who didn’t look lightning quick in the game). He also has lots of points in transition which is due to poor hs coaching. That is eliminated at the college level. He would get owned by many guards in the Summit league. Also, have you watched the gophers these last two years. They play at a snails pace. How will he do in a half court game in the big10? Then you have defense…so he will get blown by countless times in a game and his player will have free runs at the rim for Payne to hack (putting our one true big in trouble all game because he can’t stay in front of his guy).

Wayzata’s coach is one of the best
Won’t get past Hopkins these next few years. Hopkins just had no size this year and their best players were a freshman and a sophomore. Also easier to win and find talent when your school has 4k+ students.

Ask his peers if he can coach teams are disciplined tough to guard what they run offensively is fun too watch… opposing coaches and refs say the same…

As a Tommie fan, I don’t even want Tibbets. He’s too small for B10. And if you’re that small, you better be lightning quick, which he isn’t.
Actually UST likes him a lot but they have a smaller walk-on point guard who is a freshman and an offer out to the Tonka point guard for 2024

Won’t get past Hopkins these next few years. Hopkins just had no size this year and their best players were a freshman and a sophomore. Also easier to win and find talent when your school has 4k+ students.
Easier to find talent when you just recruit it all from Minneapolis like Hopkins does, and from Hopkins like Minnetonka does. Wayzata is a closed district more or less, so the kids who play there live in the district.

He continually got blown by by Cash C. Of Park Center (who didn’t look lightning quick in the game). He also has lots of points in transition which is due to poor hs coaching.
Would that be the coach that took the team to three straight 4A title games and won two of them? That poor coaching?

Actually UST likes him a lot but they have a smaller walk-on point guard who is a freshman and an offer out to the Tonka point guard for 2024
Dufault isn’t that great (very poor handle for a guard). Love his energy and how he mucks up the game, plus he gets one or two turnovers every game. But he will never be a starting point guard due to poor ball handling

Top Bottom