MSHSL Boys Basketball State Tournament Thread

Chatman is a really nice player. Doesn't force things for being the "superstar". Seems very calm and composed on the court. His shot seems inconsistent but he will do well at OSU. Wish he was gonna be a Gopher.

Alexandria is going to be really good next year. Played 2 freshman guards a lot. Treyton's brother can shoot it. Big guy (Grove) will be a D1 player.

Chatman is a really nice player. Doesn't force things for being the "superstar". Seems very calm and composed on the court. His shot seems inconsistent but he will do well at OSU. Wish he was gonna be a Gopher.

Alexandria is going to be really good next year. Played 2 freshman guards a lot. Treyton's brother can shoot it. Big guy (Grove) will be a D1 player.
Witt the HC has kids on the team and played for Morris Area. His brother played QB at Minnesota State and with Kevin Loge at Morris. He's a really good coach.

Witt the HC has kids on the team and played for Morris Area. His brother played QB at Minnesota State and with Kevin Loge at Morris. He's a really good coach.
Pretty sure the coach is the same Witt that played basketball at SCSU....

Where is Whitlock going to college?

A private school will win AAA for the 10th time in the last 11 championships. Orono and Delano are only public school to win AAA since 2010.

Since 2005 public schools have won AAA, 4 times. Orono 2011, Delano 2018, St. Paul Johnson 2010, and Washburn in 2009.

A private school will win AAA for the 10th time in the last 11 championships. Orono and Delano are only public school to win AAA since 2010.

Since 2005 public schools have won AAA, 4 times. Orono 2011, Delano 2018, St. Paul Johnson 2010, and Washburn in 2009.
Private schools have more NIL.

Really is incredible that they can’t find anyone better, year after year
Can't they throw a few bucks at Mike Grimm or something?

Oh man, I didn't realize they had Dave "Country Hearth" Lee doing the games. He is the worst. (except for a certain Vikings pbp radio guy)

Last edited:

Question. How do they decide who wears white and who wears dark?

Bummed we missed out on Nolan winter. He’s gonna be a player for the skunks

More impressed with Jackson McAndrew.
Lots of good basketball in this games
McAndrew and Tibbets doing all they can
Winters and that #22 have carried lakeville

Lakeville north storming back from 20 points down in the 2nd half to tie it up

I will say one of the refs is trying to make his mark felt here

One of the worst meltdowns I have seen here. Could tell as soon as things got tight here that wazayta is just playing tight.

And as soon as I say that wayzata ties it up

Lots of good basketball in this games
McAndrew and Tibbets doing all they can
Winters and that #22 have carried lakeville

Lakeville north storming back from 20 points down in the 2nd half to tie it up

I will say one of the refs is trying to make his mark felt here
Who is that 22 on Lakeville? Hayden Vaeth or something? Heart and soul for that team

We’ll have the exact same state titles games as last year in AAA and AAAA, Delasalle vs TG and park center vs wayzata

also, Park Center will play the exact same teams they did last year in the same rounds (Andover QF, Eastview SF, Wayzata final) what are the odds of that

Thursday Score Recap:

1A: (consolation semis)
Nevis 63, Border West 55
Sacred Heart 59, Mankato Loyola 58

2A: (5th place) Pequot Lakes 50, Maple River 43

3A:
(semis) Totino-Grace 70, Alexandria 59
------- DeLaSalle 67, Orono 61

(5th Place) Stewartville 56, St. Francis 55

4A:
(semis) Park Center 61, Eastview 56
------ Wayzata 79, Lakeville North 77

(5th Place) White Bear Lake 68, Andover 64

Schedule for Friday
1A Semi-finals - RTR vs Cherry (Noon)
------------- New Life Academy vs Spring Grove (2pm)

2A Semi-Finals - Holy Family vs Minnehaha Academy (6pm)
-------------- Albany vs Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton (8pm)

Badger’s go 1-1 tonight - Jack Robison did next to nothing and Nolan Winter is a stud.

I really wish the private schools had their own 1 or 2 divisions. Kid of boring watching Totino disinterested for most of a game to just turn it on at the end and win by double digits.

I did not realize Forrest was at Alex. I remember watching those teams back in HS. Very fun teams Morris had.

Wayzara gonna keep it close with Park center until half way through the second half, park by 10 at the end?

Top Bottom