Holy Family 80, Eden Valley-Watkins 52
Minnehaha Academy 53, Maple River 48
Albany 69, Pequot Lakes 53
Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton 63, Plainview-Elgin-Millville 61

4A & 3A semi-finals on Thursday. 2A semi-Finals on Friday

1A Quarter-finals on Wednesday.
Looking forward to all the semi finals, should be great games

apart from TG vs Alex, lol

FYI Asuma and cherry are playing right now. Half Time. 34-28.
He picked up his 3rd foul like 1/2 way through the first half.

Asuma just picked up his 4th foul with 12 minutes left in 2nd half.

Noah Sunquist has 20 points so far

Asuma just picked up his 4th foul with 12 minutes left in 2nd half.
Wonder if gophers try to get him on campus a year early like they did with Betts?
Any thoughts on Asuma play in limited minutes?

Wonder if gophers try to get him on campus a year early like they did with Betts?
Any thoughts on Asuma play in limited minutes?
IMO....with him playing with his brother and cousin im guessing he doenst have much interest in that? They will have the exact same team next year and all the guys a year older so they will be even better next year. but i am basing that off of nothing.....

as far as how he has looked. Clearly just better than anyone else on the court but at the same time its not like he is taking over as he just hasnt been on the court. Good looking jump shot. And has been able to get to the rim although he has missed some bunnies. and on defense with him being in foul trouble he hasnt looked very engaged on that end of the court

Down to 6 minutes left and he is still on the bench

Noah Asuma is very well built for his age.

Noah Sunquist is up to 24 points i believe

and this is a fun back and forth game. 52-50 Cherry right now as they keep alternating baskets

Cherry winds 68-55. Cherry got a lot of easy baskets the last 2 minutes with Border west going for Steals.

Sanquist finished with 30 points.

Glad to watch him coming up in the semis on TV.

Last edited:

AAAA: Andover over Minnetonka and White Bear Lake over Buffalo to advance to Consolation Championship.

Cherry plays #1 RTR at Noon on Friday at Target Center

Class A Quarterfinals:
R-T-R 80, Nevis 62
Cherry 68, Border West 55
New Life Academy 62, Sacred Heart 46
Spring Grove 39, Mankato Loyola 38

Semi-finals Friday afternoon.

Consolation brackets (winners play for 5th place)
Class 4A:
Andover 95, Minnetonka 77
White Bear Lake 66, Buffalo 62

Class 3A:
St. Francis 79, Mankato East 73
Stewartville 85, Hermantown 67

Class 2A playing Weds night:
Maple River vs Eden Valley-Watkins. Maple River leading 25-15 at halftime.
Pequot Lakes vs Plainview-Elgin-Millville

As Ryan James pointed out, 1 unseeded team won in the quarterfinals this week. Most of those games were complete blowouts. That will continue to feed the, we need to expand state to 16 or reformat the sections crowd.
Maybe seeding 1-8 would be better and it would truly make a David vs Goliath game in round 1. Andover got a raw deal with random draw of #1 Park Center two years in a row and a conference opponent non the less. Maybe tweak so that random draw teams can't play their conference in these games.

I do like the statewide approach to state as you often get teams that have not played each other yet in the season. However, if you are going to spread the tournament over 4+ days, you might as well expand to 16 teams and make it a weeklong celebration of the season.

Too many blow
As Ryan James pointed out, 1 unseeded team won in the quarterfinals this week. Most of those games were complete blowouts. That will continue to feed the, we need to expand state to 16 or reformat the sections crowd.
Maybe seeding 1-8 would be better and it would truly make a David vs Goliath game in round 1. Andover got a raw deal with random draw of #1 Park Center two years in a row and a conference opponent non the less. Maybe tweak so that random draw teams can't play their conference in these games.

I do like the statewide approach to state as you often get teams that have not played each other yet in the season. However, if you are going to spread the tournament over 4+ days, you might as well expand to 16 teams and make it a weeklong celebration of the season.
Too many blowouts and you want to expand the tournament fields?

Contraction to two classes would more than likely get you better games.

But too many people would bitch and moan about how unfair it is for teams to have to compete with larger enrollment schools.

No matter how many times you slice it up. Each class is going to have big enrollment schools and small enrollment schools.

Too many blow

Too many blowouts and you want to expand the tournament fields?

Contraction to two classes would more than likely get you better games.

But too many people would bitch and moan about how unfair it is for teams to have to compete with larger enrollment schools.

No matter how many times you slice it up. Each class is going to have big enrollment schools and small enrollment schools.
I believe the breakdown is 64 AAAA, 64 AAA, Top Half remaining AA, Bottom Half Remaining A. So going to 3 classes makes sense combining AAAA and AAA. However, with baseball and other sports expanding to 4 classes, I don't see it.

16 teams at state would push the blowouts out another round and get the best 8 teams to quarterfinals. (I don't really favor this.) Probably have to get computers involved and have at-large berths. Probably not feasible. One way to possibly do things is to draw a line across the state along the 94/394 corridor and have a north vs south vibe to state.

Agree no matter what, people will complain.

Seems a bit watered down to me. Wisconsin only sends 4 teams from each class to State. Win or go home. No consolation or 3rd place games. Makes more sense to me.

Insert Wisconsin joke here. LOL

Alexandria up 38-33 on TG at the Half. Shot 64% and knocked down 8 3's. Playing an active 2/3, 3/2 zone. Grace was up 21-12 earlier.

Alexandria up 38-33 on TG at the Half. Shot 64% and knocked down 8 3's. Playing an active 2/3, 3/2 zone. Grace was up 21-12 earlier.
there zone d is fun to watch....but holy smokes makes me tired watching them! lol

TG plays so sloppy for how talented they are, they were the same way last year

Alex is playing a 3-2 half court trap.
They look very well coached.

Alex seems to be running out of steam here

62-55 TG

Top Bottom