Most likely transfer portal targets according to Gopherhole

Very interesting to track as time goes on. Thanks for the list.
Hopefully all the noise for the first one comes true.

I hope Michael Jones is still somewhere floating around as well. Parker Stewart is a similar type of player.

It is really going to hurt if we get solid guys like Garcia, Stewart, Jones etc. if we can't get a guy or two that can handle the ball. I still think we need 2.

Did Kerwin Walton enter the Portal?
form the article where UNC mentions that Garcia is leaving -

With Garcia moving on, UNC is now only one scholarship over the NCAA’s 13-scholarship limit. It is unclear who may or may not stay, but there have been rumblings that we will receive more news soon.

I’m just following gopher hole chatter and looking at some different transfer articles and rankings. I don’t know what is realistic and the PG situation sounds like a bunch of different thoughts. The most clear transfer is Garcia and he is a big one for us. Of the PG options I think I like Ta’lon Cooper from Morehead State. Not crazy about McIntosh or some of the others but could be talked into Thompson. Of the SG options I like Jones as it sounds like he is a good shooter and decent defender. Still hope Walton would hit the market. I’m dreaming but still wouldn’t mind some interest from other big name transfers. I am also cheering for any and all great transfers to stay away from other Big Ten schools.

I’m just following gopher hole chatter and looking at some different transfer articles and rankings. I don’t know what is realistic and the PG situation sounds like a bunch of different thoughts. The most clear transfer is Garcia and he is a big one for us. Of the PG options I think I like Ta’lon Cooper from Morehead State. Not crazy about McIntosh or some of the others but could be talked into Thompson. Of the SG options I like Jones as it sounds like he is a good shooter and decent defender. Still hope Walton would hit the market. I’m dreaming but still wouldn’t mind some interest from other big name transfers. I am also cheering for any and all great transfers to stay away from other Big Ten schools.
I am always a supporter of guys coming from winning programs, even if stats lag a little behind others. So I'm with you on Cooper being my favorite option at PG. Stewart or Jones are my picks for a wing. Though it sounds like Jones is fading so hopefully can close Stewart. Garcia huge get as a big.

4th spot is interesting as likely a combo guard or another PG hopefully. Strong, McIntosh, Spencer, Honor.

I'll predict it ends like this (Or my wish list):

Cooper
*I know there's chatter in another thread about McIntosh so I may just be hopeful with Cooper
Spencer
*Strong may be more likely here
Stewart
Garcia

Walton still not in the portal so I don't know how to include him on this. Not hopeful there.

Last edited:

I am always a supporter of guys coming from winning programs, even if stats lag a little behind others. So I'm with you on Cooper being my favorite option at PG. Stewart or Jones are my picks for a wing. Though it sounds like Jones is fading so hopefully can close Stewart. Garcia huge get as a big.

4th spot is interesting as likely a combo guard or another PG hopefully. Strong, McIntosh, Spencer, Honor.

I'll predict it ends like this (Or my wish list):

Cooper
*I know there's chatter in another thread about McIntosh so I may just be hopeful with Cooper
Spencer
*Strong may be more likely here
Stewart
Garcia

Walton still not in the portal so I don't know how to include him on this. Not hopeful there.
Does Walton want to wait for other UNCheat guys to make draft decisions before deciding on portal?

Does Walton want to wait for other UNCheat guys to make draft decisions before deciding on portal?
That’s the only reason I could think of if he does end up transferring

Leaky Black is coming back, Davis is coming back, Love I believe is testing NBA waters, and I believe they have a couple of highly touted guards coming in as recruits. I’m not sure there is much PT for him there.

So just reading between the lines. Sounds like Dawson is locked up and the staff must feel that we are pretty well set in the frontcourt as everyone else is a pg/cg of some sort. I think that makes sense, I was hoping we would add true banger down low. No one can stop a Kofi or Garza but it's nice to have a 6'10+ 250+ guy to at least lean on them and make it physically tough.

So just reading between the lines. Sounds like Dawson is locked up and the staff must feel that we are pretty well set in the frontcourt as everyone else is a pg/cg of some sort. I think that makes sense, I was hoping we would add true banger down low. No one can stop a Kofi or Garza but it's nice to have a 6'10+ 250+ guy to at least lean on them and make it physically tough.
Time for them to feel the Payne!

What's the preference order for PG's that are apparently visiting????? Mine:
1. Nick Honor
2. Ta'Lon Cooper
3. Hunter Mcintosh

What's the preference order for PG's that are apparently visiting????? Mine:
1. Nick Honor
2. Ta'Lon Cooper
3. Hunter Mcintosh
Cooper is the best among those 3. He's a legitimate starter.

The other two would be ideal backups in the Big Ten. If they're starting, your team isn't contending for a top position in your conference.

Cooper is the best among those 3. He's a legitimate starter.

The other two would be ideal backups in the Big Ten. If they're starting, your team isn't contending for a top position in your conference.
Why do you think/know Cooper is the only one who could legitimately start?

Top Bottom