MOST FANS IN PHOENIX CYCLONES OR GOPHERS

Got to give a shout out to the ISU visitors on the board. You guys are fantastic and, as far as I'm concerned, welcome on our board any time.

Have you guys given any thought to splitting from the eastern half of Iowa? It's really hard to believe you're cut from the same cloth.

Yes, those are our Home unis. I have grown to prefer road unis, now that we are sticking with the cardinal pants, and wish we were wearing them for the bowl.

aa-mizzou.jpg

At times ISU has had more students from IA and I believe this was true this year, as well. The issue/trend of "The University of Illinois - Iowa City (campus)" has even been addressed in their local paper.

I work in the ISU Dept. of Residency and I have NEVER seen any hawkeye banners in ISU dorm balconies. In fact, none of the ISU dorms even have balconies. I have, however, seen the lights of an entire dorm lit up so to spell "BEAT IOWA"...many times. Not a very good effort on your part.

You are wrong. "Balcony" was a placing location for the reader--they were then outside of windows. In fall 2007 I saw at least three Pigeye flags on ISU campus, easily visible from the street.

I notice those damn things--they burn into my mind like Nazi banners...

I know several ISU grad who have told me the same thing about the Pigeye flags...

Got to give a shout out to the ISU visitors on the board. You guys are fantastic and, as far as I'm concerned, welcome on our board any time.

Have you guys given any thought to splitting from the eastern half of Iowa? It's really hard to believe you're cut from the same cloth.

Yeah, nobody can explain it, but somehow I-35 seems to be the divison between reason and insanity in the state of Iowa

Yeah, nobody can explain it, but somehow I-35 seems to be the divison between reason and insanity in the state of Iowa

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Central Iowa is 50/50 outside of Ames (which is 99% Cyclone). The 60 miles radius around Iowa City (which includes Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities) is 90% Hawk. The rest of the state is about 70/30 Hawk/Clone, w/a few Huskers in far western Iowa. Case in point: I know a lot of people in Okoboji, and it's definitely 70/30 Hawk/Clone, while being a long ways west of 35 (or from IC for that matter).

Here is the post on the article stating that Minnesota sold out its 2008 ticket allotment of 10,000:

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1017118

If you have a source stating that the U of M administration bought those tickets, I would love to see it.

Here's the info. As I said, we didn't come close to selling out our allotment. Check the bullet point to the right of the actual article. The text reads:

==================================================================
Minnesota and the Big Ten bought the required 10,500 tickets for the Insight Bowl last year in Arizona. They only sold 1,512, absorbing a loss of $434,340.
==================================================================

As I said earlier in this post, the Cyclones will have us at least doubled.

There will be more Iowa State fans but that is only because there is nothing else to do in ho-dunk land. Iowa State 12,000 Gopher 5,500 but final score Gopher 27 IS 23 - Defense scores first points of game for Minny!

Top Bottom