Most Excited About This Team in Years!! Bright Future!

Bfan

Reaction score
A. This season wins-losses is a disaster.

B. The future is bright.

1. Next season elite DENNIS EVANS plays for the Gophers!!!

Evans is the highest rated prospect to join the Gophers since 2004!

Evans is the highest rated out-state prospect since 1995!

Evans is an eventual top-5 NBA pick according to analysts. Evans is a "rare" defense talent and flashes many different looks to his offense including 3"s.

The future is bright.

2. Because the wins-losses do not matter this disaster season that Ben Johnson inherited, Johnson is giving heavy playing time to freshman for a BIG payoff ahead.

Freshman Joshua Ola-Joseph is getting 30+ minutes a game.

Freshman Pharrel Payne is getting 20+ minutes.

Freshman Jaden Henley is getting 10+ minutes.

Freshman Braeden Carrington is Mr. Minnesota Basketball 2022 and getting minutes. He already scored 20 in a game.

They are freshmen and need time and playing time to develop.

Based on minutes played, the Gophers are about the youngest team.

THEY ARE GETTING INVALUABLE MINUTES PLAYING.

The future is bright.

3. Complainers will nag and nag about the bad season now. It is bad.

I chose to look at what is developing.

Doom fibbers will say the future is bad. Do not listen to them because they are wrong. Not true!

I am real excited about this team!!!

A. This season wins-losses is a disaster.

B. The future is bright.

1. Next season elite DENNIS EVANS plays for the Gophers!!!

Evans is the highest rated prospect to join the Gophers since 2004!

Evans is the highest rated out-state prospect since 1995!

Evans is an eventual top-5 NBA pick according to analysts. Evans is a "rare" defense talent and flashes many different looks to his offense including 3"s.

The future is bright.

2. Because the wins-losses do not matter this disaster season that Ben Johnson inherited, Johnson is giving heavy playing time to freshman for a BIG payoff ahead.

Freshman Joshua Ola-Joseph is getting 30+ minutes a game.

Freshman Pharrel Payne is getting 20+ minutes.

Freshman Jaden Henley is getting 10+ minutes.

Freshman Braeden Carrington is Mr. Minnesota Basketball 2022 and getting minutes. He already scored 20 in a game.

They are freshmen and need time and playing time to develop.

Based on minutes played, the Gophers are about the youngest team.

THEY ARE GETTING INVALUABLE MINUTES PLAYING.

The future is bright.

3. Complainers will nag and nag about the bad season now. It is bad.

I chose to look at what is developing.

Doom fibbers will say the future is bad. Do not listen to them because they are wrong. Not true!

I am real excited about this team!!!

Nice post! A lot to be excited about plus we should be able to pick up a couple of decent players from the portal if Ben finds the right pieces.

Ben inherited this disaster season? Good God my eyes just rolled so far back in my head they can see behind me. He’s 4-20 in conference over his first two seasons. Pitino’s last season was terrible and even then he was 6-14, then Ben lost virtually everyone on the roster. No, this disaster is of his own making, and people need to stop making excuses for him.

Not sure I understand your question. I thought we had two open scholarships left to use for 23-24. Correct me if I am wrong.

No, we have zero open for next season and that excludes Ramberg who could come back as well. The two that are open after this season are already filled by Evans and Christie.

You missed at least 3 exclamation points!!!

We have a few posters who are really, really hungry and yearning for attention. And they get a few people to bite every now and then, amazingly enough. Crying out, "Look at me!! Look at me!!!"

A player from Minnesota's dad isn't too happy with how much PT he's getting. Probably him for one
Now you have piqued my interest. (I am assuming you mean a player from the state.)

Garcia-387 minutes
Battle-304
Payne-276
Carrington-267
Ola-Joseph-235
Ramberg-129
Thompson-120

No, we have zero open for next season and that excludes Ramberg who could come back as well. The two that are open after this season are already filled by Evans and Christie.
Thanks for correcting me. For some reason I was thinking we had 15 scholarships to give.

Now you have piqued my interest. (I am assuming you mean a player from the state.)

Garcia-387 minutes
Battle-304
Payne-276
Carrington-267
Ola-Joseph-235
Ramberg-129
Thompson-120
I don't think Ramberg is a factor in this. He is almost certainly a 1 year commitment. His is open.

I don't think Ramberg is a factor in this. He is almost certainly a 1 year commitment. His is open.
Me either. Just listed him since he's from here and on scholarship.
Edit: Also kind of fluid in the minutes the 3 freshmen are getting. For awhile it was Carrington grabbing the most minutes, now it's Ola_Joseph.

Last edited:

I am trying to be excited about the future and look for positives moving forward, but posts like this actually make it harder. Saying that Johnson inherited this or that "analysts" say Evans in an "eventual" top 5 pick? Instead of making me optimistic, it makes we wonder if I sound this silly when I am trying to find the positives.

I am trying to be excited about the future and look for positives moving forward, but posts like this actually make it harder. Saying that Johnson inherited this or that "analysts" say Evans in an "eventual" top 5 pick? Instead of making me optimistic, it makes we wonder if I sound this silly when I am trying to find the positives.
I think one analyst no one has ever heard of (might have been a junior high kid who is good at editing?) had Evans in the top-5. So they are saying it.

Love that the positives include freshman getting minutes. Don’t worry about production—just stay on the floor while the clock runs.
If we are getting excited about freshmen then the trend of the four upperclassmen starting is a negative. Freshmen minutes are declining overall....or maybe just redistributed as we search for answers.
Combined post: They coached Thompson like they wanted him to leave his freshmen year. He got a lot of run in pre season run this year. You don't need glasses to tell he has no future here. He already defied logic and stayed once. He just doesn't fit how the staff utilizes him..
I doubt only one guy leaves.

Who are we pushing out then?
1 of Fox, Ihnen, or TT

TT (Who honestly im ok with him staying) may be looking for more consistent playing time elsewhere. Whispers from the homefront say he would be a good bet.

where do Fox and Ihnen stand? how the rehab is going. being realistic on what they really can bring to this team yet? how do they fit with current team? where would their minutes come from? lots of questions need to be answered for either of those two for it to make sense having them back

1 of Fox, Ihnen, or TT

TT (Who honestly im ok with him staying) may be looking for more consistent playing time elsewhere. Whispers from the homefront say he would be a good bet.

where do Fox and Ihnen stand? how the rehab is going. being realistic on what they really can bring to this team yet? how do they fit with current team? where would their minutes come from? lots of questions need to be answered for either of those two for it to make sense having them back

They would make the most sense, but if TT feels that way then he lacks self awareness of how good he is.

Injuries are tough to judge right now, and the reason I'm hesitant to think those three would leave, or be pushed out, is that they were basically the first guys to stick with/commit to Ben, and they all really wanted to be Gophers above all else.

Top Bottom