Morgan has been getting a lot of love from PFF

People have this image in their minds as to what a QB is supposed to look like. Morgan isn’t imposing or flashy, so they dismiss his stats and record as a product of the system and his receivers. I still don’t understand why Tua got a pass for being 6’ tall and having perhaps one the best WR groups in the history of college football to throw to, and a much more consistent OL. I suspect it also matters which school they play for.

Of course there is that bias. Our own coaches experienced it.

These highlights with a pretty messed up foot.

Yep, anyone that’s dealt with a ****ed up foot realizes how incredible it was for him to even suit up much less run around. Tip of the hat.

Dined with a friend who's really more of a pro-fan than college...but is certainly rowing now...and Tanner's future came up.

He believes Tanner at best would make it to a practice squad but not really any further. I thought he'd do better than that myself.

Rather than go into the why's I just told him we'd mark that opinion and see in a few years.

Makes me root a little more for Tanner just for a fun "I told you so" opportunity in the future.

Drew Brees

If he's lucky enough to get an opportunity, and makes the most of it! (y) I really believe half of "making it" in the NFL is luck ... assuming you put in the requisite amount of work, like everyone else, and you're talented as hell, like everyone else.

As an Iowa fan, the QB that worries me the most is Morgan coming into ‘20. The receivers have much to do with it, and he can sling it.

Meanwhile in Ames, they believe the best thing in the world stands 6’ and will go in the first round this spring. Morgan is everything Iowa State Dreams of in a QB in a conference that plays by defense.

Top Bottom