Morgan has been getting a lot of love from PFF

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
One of the knocks on Tanner’s game has been his performance when pressured, but some of these tweets say otherwise.

One of the knocks on Tanner’s game has been his performance when pressured, but some of these tweets say otherwise.
People have selective memories. They latch onto one bad play or one bad game and then decide that is the player that they will always remember. It's nice to see stats to take some of the emotion/human nature out of it.

Thanks for posting.

Seems like he had a pretty decent season in 2019, huh?

Highest-graded Big Ten QB seasons since 2017 = Justin Fields is Number 1 on the list and Tanner is Number 2. Just coincidence?

When TM2 decided to follow PJ to MN, and he had no knowledge of our program, state etc, is amazing good luck for us. He could end up being the best QB of our lifetime.
2019 probably the best season for Gophs QB for Boomers. Selfishly, I hope he's not the best in my lifetime, even with another great 2020. Since he's already on to his Masters, 2021 seems uncertain for me...another season like 2019 and he will get a lot of NFL attention, otherwise I think there is a good chance his Masters would be complete before 2021 starts.

Personally I think he finishes his masters, even if he gets NFL attention. Maybe I'm wrong, but he seems like the type of person who would want to finish getting his degree more than he wants to join the NFL, but I could be wrong.

Personally I think he finishes his masters, even if he gets NFL attention. Maybe I'm wrong, but he seems like the type of person who would want to finish getting his degree more than he wants to join the NFL, but I could be wrong.

I think that would definitely depend what type of draft projection he was getting. If he was somehow getting told he could go in the first 3 rounds, I have no doubt he would have to jump at that opportunity. You can always come back and finish the second year of a master's later in life.

I think that would definitely depend what type of draft projection he was getting. If he was somehow getting told he could go in the first 3 rounds, I have no doubt he would have to jump at that opportunity. You can always come back and finish the second year of a master's later in life.
It would be good to put a QB in the NFL.

I think a lot depends on a) how the team does this year, and b) what the 2021 prospects look like. Morgan seems to be a huge devotee of PJ, and if there is unfinished business and a good chance at making (modern) history for the U with Fleck, I think there is a good chance he turns down a favorable draft position to play another year.

I think loves PJ but I think if is told he is most likely going in the 1st round he is gone.

If we can understand Maxx going as a Soph...then we can give Tanner the same grace as a Jr...

BTW, imagine if we had our current receiving corps plus Maxx...

The sky would be 60 minutes down to zero on the gameday clock...

I think loves PJ but I think if is told he is most likely going in the 1st round he is gone.

As high as I am on Tanner, I think he’s more likely a 2nd or 3rd round prospect, for the same reasons Brees was was on the board until the 2nd round. I do believe he would be gone if he was confident of being picked in the first three rounds. Another year isn’t going to make him taller or faster.

Last edited:

2019 probably the best season for Gophs QB for Boomers. Selfishly, I hope he's not the best in my lifetime, even with another great 2020. Since he's already on to his Masters, 2021 seems uncertain for me...another season like 2019 and he will get a lot of NFL attention, otherwise I think there is a good chance his Masters would be complete before 2021 starts.
Incredible example of performance on and off the field.

Thanks for posting these impressive stats. I think of him as a gamer and will always remember watching his elite performance to beat Auburn. Plus he has such a team oriented attitude that I hope he has an even better upcoming season.

That kid from North Carolina had a pretty nice year as a true freshman. I don't watch a ton of ACC football, but maybe I'll tune in more. I do like Mack Brown.

Yeah I don't know why, but that conference just doesn't do it for me. Beamer was the man and I don't even know who coaches at VT anymore (maybe Justin Fuente or something?). I definitely don't know who coaches Louisville anymore. FSU just hired that dude from Memphis...maybe they'll be good again. I couldn't name one other coach in the conference other than Dabo.

Do you think commentators will continue to lead with, “not the strongest arm, but....?”

Yeah, he doesn’t have a cannon, but his arm strength isn’t that bad, and will probably get better, as he continues to work to perfect his mechanics. There are plenty of highlights we could pull up to demonstrate more than adequate arm strength.

Pocket awareness is his biggest growth opportunity, and I actually think that improved tremendously as the year went on. Zero sacks allowed vs. Auburn’s NFL defense, for example.

Just curious but does anyone know his sack rate under pressure or against the blitz or his QBR versus pressure? Completion percentage is great and all as is yards per attempt but if you turtle up and eat the sack or throw it deep when TJ or Bateman are wide open you don’t get the full picture. Not saying Tanner does this as I think Morgan is the best QB we’ve ever had but I’m curious

That’s pretty good then.

Morgan always knew it. It took some fans (and coaches) awhile to come around.

Top Bottom